Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281854 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #2235 on: November 22, 2011, 04:31:24 am »

'I promised Friesden I would seal what memories she wanted, but she wants too many gone for me to handle for any decent amount of time.  Then I remembered Schmoe's apparent ability to simply take memories.'

Suddenly, Dr Bubbles falls through the ceiling, right on top of Friesden.

"...Nice of you to drop in, Doctor."

I can't resist a terrible pun, I regret nothing!
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: November 22, 2011, 04:33:45 am »

"Uhm....Hello Khenal. What day is it? I've been in suspended animation for what seems like a thousand years now..."
*Bubbles steps up and notices Friesden*
"Uh....Hello Friesden..."
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: November 22, 2011, 04:35:56 am »

"......Ouch."

"It feels...very risky....why don't you simply...I don't know..."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: November 22, 2011, 04:40:17 am »

"Suspended...?"  I shake my head, deciding I likely don't want to know.

"I was actually headed to see you, if you weren't busy.  Carrot has...been seriously wounded.  Friesden tells me he's stable, but he needs a real hospital instead of the improvised treatment Friesden had to give him."

I offer Bubbles a helping hoof off of Friesden, then offer her the same off the floor.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: November 22, 2011, 04:45:23 am »

"thanks"

((I would love to have Venture as an apprentice. Two people in the hospital isn't going to cut it XD))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:48 am »

"Thank you."
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: November 22, 2011, 04:51:12 am »

'I know it's risky, Keeper.  I did say it was a dangerous question.  If it's simply out of my ability to do something like take memories, just say so.  If it is possible, though... I promised her, Keeper.'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: November 22, 2011, 04:58:49 am »

"It's daemonic magic. You'll need a proper daemon. Even I couldn't do it myself at this point. I'm too far pony. Do you have any daemons you can control here?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: November 22, 2011, 05:13:59 am »

I chuckle a bit as I walk with Bubbles and Friesden.

'Daemons I can control?  Not even remotely.  Schmoe is under control, I think, but not mine.  And I doubt he'd play along with this.  And I especially doubt Starkey would play along.  Summoning and trying to bind one is completely out of the question as well.'

When we arrive a the hospital, I make sure to get Carrot a bed and some proper medical assistance.

"Friesden, I don't think I can fully do what you ask.  At least, not right now.  Will you accept a temporary fix until I can research some more?"

I can't get this out of my head!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:18 am »

"Please. Tell me you can do it. I'd do anything. Please!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: November 22, 2011, 05:32:11 am »

"I will do everything I can, Friesden.  It took you a long time to create those memories, and it will take me time to figure out how to seal them completely.  I'll need to take it slowly, starting with just your conscious memories.  It's the only way."

I look her in the eyes, pained that she feels this is her only option.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: November 22, 2011, 05:39:00 am »

"If you have any doubt, look inside them..." She starts silently crying. "I'm a monster, Khenal. I've killed ponies, mares, stallions, colts, fillies, and foals. I've done things I can't even put into words. I killed my mother. My...my father wasn't. I just want it all to go away!"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: November 22, 2011, 05:47:15 am »

"If you forget your past, how can you hope to keep from repeating your mistakes, Friesden?  I know it hurts, but you can be better than you were.  You can't bring those ponies back, but you can help others from meeting similar fates.  Please...Please don't make me seal your memories, Friesden."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: November 22, 2011, 05:49:34 am »

"Do...do you remember me from back then? I knew you...but I didn't know you, if you follow me. I was the one behind it all. How...how could you forgive me? And know this. I did far, far worse. How can I forgive myself?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: November 22, 2011, 05:59:01 am »

"I don't remember you from before Glitterglen, but I didn't pay much attention to the subj...subjects."  I stutter, having my own difficult memories to deal with.  "Forgiving others is so simple, so easy.  Forgiving yourself, however, is so much harder to do.  I...I still haven't learned that trick.  I just try to...to do what I can to make sure nopony else suffers the same fate as they did.  I... try to make sure I don't repeat my mistakes, for all those who've been harmed by them in the past."

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 665