Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281983 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1980 on: November 21, 2011, 01:49:11 am »

All of a sudden, Psycho begins foaming at the mouth. He gets up, grabs a sharp carving knife, and slashes at Khenal.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: November 21, 2011, 01:53:30 am »

((Feel free to take over Psycho for the rest of the scene, I'm going to bed early tonight. Sleep well everypony!))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: November 21, 2011, 02:05:23 am »

"Oh shi.."  is all I manage to say before blocking the slash with the haft of my spear.

'Not good, I'm too drained from the daemon to safely cast the sleep spell.'

I continue blocking and parrying Carrot's wild attacks, motioning for the guard to get Charity to safety.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: November 21, 2011, 02:09:43 am »

Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice I mean Charity's family's room. Cryptson has readied his pick and is waiting by the door. He would like to run to the Hospital where he fears his wife may be in danger but is fearful to leave his children alone, in case the assassin were to strike here as well.

However, as there is only one way in or out of this room, he has turned all of his attention to the door. The young unicorn colt, Cobalt, sees this as his chance. While nopony is looking he makes his way over to his mother's bookshelf, and levitates a singular old red leather bound book, with a black leather strap binding it shut, with a silver clasp. He has long wanted to read this one, but his mother wouldn't allow it. With eveypony distracted he floats it over to his bed and hides it under his mattress. No pony is the wiser.

The guard hurries Charity from the room, as they pass the two guards outside, Charity barks at them. "What are you doing standing around. Go help Khenal!"

The guard takes Charity home.

(And with that I bow out for tonight. Good luck everypony.)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: November 21, 2011, 02:12:32 am »

Starkey remains in the office with Friesden: past precedent dictates that it usually isn't a good idea to leave her by herself for any extended period of time.

"So, miss Friesden... you said you, ah, wanted to know about feelings?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: November 21, 2011, 02:13:56 am »

"Yes. What are they? I know what pain is, and it is a glorious feeling."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: November 21, 2011, 02:19:32 am »

"No, no, pain is not a good thing to feel. Pain is how your body tells you it is damaged, and it's what warns you when you're going to damage it further."

He turns to the side a bit, showing off his bandaged wing.

"Like for example, my wing here. It got cut very badly in a battle. If I had tried to fly with a wound like that, I would have torn it even wider, and I might not have ever been able to fly again. Pain tells me not to do that."
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: November 21, 2011, 02:30:42 am »

Friesden looks confused.

"Are you sure? I feel great!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: November 21, 2011, 02:35:54 am »

I continue trying to evade Carrot's attacks, glad for my barding as it saves me from multiple slices.  I strike back a few times with the blunt end of my spear, but they don't seem to faze Carrot.

"Come on, Carrot.  Snap out of it!"

He continues foaming and babbling around the knife handle in his teeth, never pausing in swinging his blade.  Fortunately for me, he's a bit too crazy to notice the two guards bust in the room with their weapons drawn.

"Non-lethal!"  I order.  The guards sheathe their weapons before tackling Carrot in a practiced maneuver.  At the same time, I release my telekinetic grip on my spear and grasp the knife, making sure nopony gets stabbed in the ponypile.  After a brief scuffle, Carrot is finally disarmed and restrained.  He continues struggling and foaming at the mouth for a while, never ceasing in his babbling.  Eventually, though, he works himself to exhaustion and unconsciousness.  I leave the two guards to make sure Carrot doesn't try to hurt anypony while I go find a doctor.  Hopefully, they know how to handle somepony who just got what looks to be a massive dose of hallucinogen.

I'll be up for a bit longer if anypony needs to interact with Khenal tonight.  He'll be here in the hospital if you guys need him :)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: November 21, 2011, 02:38:12 am »

From the diary of ThunderSplinter,

Date unknown*:
Things are still a bit hazy, my leg still hurts and I have to change the dressing every few hours - pus and blood seeping from the wound, despite Bubbles' best efforts (!  It's a pity I can't carve a sense of sarcasm with this chisel) - I even had to remove the stitches a few days ago, the wound being so infected and inflamed that the stitches were tearing the healthy tissue around the wound's edges and preventing healing.  It's gonna be a nasty scar if it ever heals.  Haven't been able to do much work, I hope the other carpenter is able to keep up with things.

Heard the call for help from Charity, but, cannot leave bed, Resting Injury, and further to that, On Break.  Somepony brought food and drink to replenish my small stockpile, I asked her to stop and chat, but she was in a panic over something, "Daemons invading the fortress", was all she wailed before trotting off.
All I can do is shake my head sadly.  So, it appears to be starting here now, just like back home in Tailentranced.  Beatings and death are called Justice; high and mighty nobles who sign papers and little more think they also decide the fate of everypony's life, en masse or individual.  Just like back home.  Jail cells filled to overflowing with criminals on spurious charges, while nobles get fat on lavish meals.  Just like back home.  It is all happening again, and soon, there will be a seige, and the gates will be raised and locked leaving defenceless ponies outside to die and rot.  Just like back home.  And daemons.  They have now come.

........I never used to think of Tailentranced as home, it was always a place to be escaped, but lately, I miss the decadent, immoral, tantrum-laden pile of rock.

I wonder if I can arrange to be exiled from Glitterglen?  Leave with six others and found a new outpost?  Or would that be worse?  Time for my favourite barrel of pain-killer before I lapse into unconsciousness.  Again.

ThunderSplinter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{OOC: * - It's been so many pages since the last game report I couldn't find a date}
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: November 21, 2011, 02:44:42 am »

"I'm sure, it's... let's talk about some other feelings, shall we?"

He approaches her and lays a forehoof on her withers, gently stroking along her back.

"There, how does that feel?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: November 21, 2011, 02:47:41 am »

Friesden shivers in delight.

"Oooh! What was that one called?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: November 21, 2011, 02:48:53 am »

"That one is called pleasure. Do you like it?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 21, 2011, 02:51:12 am »

"Oh, yes! Do it again!"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 21, 2011, 02:55:08 am »

Starkey pulls her into a gentle hug, still stroking her back.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 665