Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281950 times)

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1815 on: November 20, 2011, 02:19:02 am »

"Ah, Captain, you're finally here." says Charity to Khenal, ignoring Captain Carrot. "You don't need to worry. Nothing is wrong. However, this one." She points a hoof at Couth. "Thinks he has some information for you regarding our assassin. Additionally," she gestures toward Tesla's property on the other table, "we have everything Nicolta had on him when he was found at the bottom of that cliff, in case you want to search it for evidence of foul play."

Edit: Fixed an error.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:27:20 am by KingStrongbeard »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: November 20, 2011, 02:31:57 am »

"A book?  Um, give me a moment, Carrot.  I'd like to hear what information this pony may have, and to get a chance to look through this evidence from Testla."

I give Carrot a smile to let him know I'm not simply brushing him off, then head over to the pony Charity indicated may know something.

"Hello sir.  What can you tell me of the assassination attempt?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: November 20, 2011, 02:35:22 am »

Psycho frowns dejectedly. He slowly lumbers into the hallway and lays down to wait.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: November 20, 2011, 02:46:16 am »

((by the way, the "informant" is offline. :P))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: November 20, 2011, 02:47:55 am »

(...Dang.  Then feel free to come back in the room and... be Carrot :P)
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: November 20, 2011, 02:51:32 am »

I change my mind and instead dash back in. I inadvertently smash into Couth and knock him out by accident.
"Oops...Anyway, please khenal? I really want you to see it! It's my autobiography!" I say, exitited as a foal.
(props to those who get the reference)
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: November 20, 2011, 03:14:08 am »

I facehoof at Carrot knocking out a potential witness.

'...At least he's already in the hospital'

"Your autobiography?"  I look a bit incredulous at the book Carrot is waving about, then shrug and float it so I can start reading.

Khenal is fast taking an attitude to Carrot that the others take to Pinkie in the show.  In other words: Carrot is Carrot.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: November 20, 2011, 03:32:58 am »

Psycho Carrot was born in an underground hospital. His mother died in childbirth, and his father was a drunk. All the same, his father did his best to keep him out of trouble. They lived in a middle-class apartment in a place called Stallionville. Mesa East, Psycho's best friend, lived next door to him. They would do everything together...except dying.

When Psycho was a young filly, Mesa and Psycho were doing their usual weekend routine, which of course meant hurling a apple at pigeons. It was Mesa's turn to throw the apple, so he did, but of course he missed. It fell into the street and Mesa ran to get it back. Mesa never did see that   bull barreling down the street. It hit him and it fatally wounded him. The force of the impact knocked him all the way to Psycho's feet. Mesa looked up at Psycho with those emerald green eyes, smiled, and passed away.

We fast-forward five years, and now Psycho is an adult pony. Psycho's dad died from an alcoholic overdose on his last birthday. Luckily, he now has a wonderful girl-friend named Esther Quirk. Ah Esther, how they would hold each other, and the way they danced...how sad things that all good things must have an end. Esther was talking Psycho's ear off as usual, when suddenly, all the lights in the city went dark. Terrified, as this had never happened before, Esther got up from the bench she and Psycho were sitting on and wondered around aimlessly. When the lights came back on about a minute later, Esther was sleeping on the ground in a pool of ketchup. That's what Psycho continued to tell himself as she was buried in her grave.

Psycho was devastated. His best friend was dead, now his girl friend was gone as well! He decided to investigate who killed her. Psycho searched the area around where Esther died, and found a torn piece of cloth. It had the signature logo of the Darkbolts on it. Psycho snapped on that day, and he vowed that he would not rest until he killed every last Darkbolt on the planet.

Psycho didn't anticipate that there were others out there who also hated the Darkbolts. After hearing about these people he decided that he'd join up with them. He rose through the ranks, until he became Captain. Psycho is tired of putting up with the Darkbolts reign of terror. This is his story, and it has only just begun.

((WARNING: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR EXAGGERATIONS.))
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:11:29 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: November 20, 2011, 03:39:40 am »

'...Third person?  And it sounds so detached.'

I give Carrot a concerned look.

"Carrot, is all this true?"

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: November 20, 2011, 03:43:50 am »

My smile dissolves into a look of despair.
"Yeah...I wrote it originally for myself, in case my memories goes again...but I decided to publish it after looking it over." A tear rolls down my cheek, as I recollect Mesa and Esther.
"Oh Esther...why did you have to die...?" I say, depression now completely taking over.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: November 20, 2011, 03:59:11 am »

'I was really hoping it was a poorly thought out prank.  He's had a hard life.  A very hard life.'

"Thank you for letting me read it, Carrot.  I...never knew how hard a life you've had."

I place a hoof across Carrot's withers.

"And yet, you still continue on and never give up.  I think Mesa and Ester would be proud of you, Carrot.  You've overcome so much, and are a dear friend."

I give Carrot a warm smile, though there are tears behind my eyes.

"I...I'm sorry I failed you back in Tailentranced.  I'm just glad that you were strong enough to eventually overcome my mistakes."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: November 20, 2011, 04:17:04 am »

"...not your fault, it's mine...You see, after I moved to Tailentranced, I was ready to end my life. At that time, I had no friends and nopony to care for me. Nopony even knew me at all either, as they all had also died...courtesy of the Darkbolts. I would've died anyway, mishap or suicide. But then, I suddenly wake up in my own coffin, climb out, and wander until I somehow ended up as the queen's guard. I guess I lost it because I threw the queen's baby out the window, which got me exiled to here. I was going to kill myself -and I tried, but you can guess why I failed- but that's when I met you and the others. You welcomed me here like I was a brother to you from the start." I say, tears now flowing freely.
((Why do people ignore my posts so much...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7I_MCelk2w&feature=colike and yes, this is the music for the current scene.))
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 05:00:30 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: November 20, 2011, 04:43:30 am »

I don't speak a word, my own tears saying everything: I can't change his past.  But, as his friend, I can help with his future.

I'm about to pass out.  Shall we call it a scene then?  Khenal can check Testla's stuff behind the scenes and I'll post the relevant things I'd expect to find later.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: November 20, 2011, 04:45:09 am »

Yeah, let's call it a night. It's 4:44 am for me.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: November 20, 2011, 03:26:46 pm »

After crying until there were no tears left, Psycho decides to head home and rest up.

THE NEXT DAY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQtZJQtBe8E
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 665