Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281925 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1680 on: November 17, 2011, 01:55:32 am »

((here's one of them.

Fluttershy started to smile as she saw the three Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Isn't this going to be fun! The sun will be up forever and that means you don't have to sleep anymore! Just do more crusading, forever and ever! And then you'll get your cutie marks! This will be great fun! Celestia is the greatest, isn't she! Giving us such a blessing! Playing together forever! No more sleeping! No more crying! No more hate! No more suffering!"

Fluttershy continued to smile.))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: November 17, 2011, 01:56:57 am »

((Well, that's great. AT LEAST I STILL HAVE THE MADMAN! HOORAY!! Shoots self))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: November 17, 2011, 02:01:18 am »

I was taking a day to recharge my rp juices, and to figure out what Khenal's going to do about the Friesden issue.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 17, 2011, 02:04:38 am »

respawn, ding!
I usually go to bed in about an hour or so(it's two o'clock here)...I guess nothing major -if anything at the rate this is going- is going to happen this morning?
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: November 17, 2011, 02:16:34 am »

Doubtful at this rate.  I'll prolly do some scene setting here soon, but I doubt anything will happen until tomorrow.
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: November 17, 2011, 02:28:51 am »

Roger that. I'll go ahead and find some more music and work on Psycho's back story a bit. The Master out.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: November 17, 2011, 02:40:59 am »

Here's what I have so far...
Psycho Carrot was born in a village called Estherxen. He was always different from the other ponies, and everypony was careful to avoid him. When he was 12, his mother was beaten to death by his dad, and he was traumatized forever. Carrot was involved in Khenal's first experiments in handling daemon possession, and died because of it.  He met his wife, Kil, some time after this, but was not aware of his own past at this point. When Psycho first arrived at Glitterglen, he didn't expect it to be where it was. In fact, he was told that it was even farther into the forest from where he ended up finding it...
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: November 17, 2011, 02:45:11 am »

(( i'll make a new entry around 2:00 pm-ish tomorrow. as for everyone else- *glances nervously* I think the Skyrim took em away. ))

How did you know? Are you a spy?

Charity's Journal (The day after the attempted assassination.)

I owe my life to Doctor Bubbles, without, his life saving surgery I surely would have perished from that crossbow bolt. I had the guard search my home and office for more traps, I don't trust the militia (save for Captain Carrot), but they didn't find anymore. I've ordered a full investigation into this by Captain Khenal, and when he figures out who is responsible I will have their head.

My husband Cryptson has quit mining and says that he won't return to work until the traitor is caught, so he can watch over us. He even said he was going to go tomorrow and request a suit of armor and a shiny new pick from the smiths so that he can defend us. I think he's being a little overzealous, what with The Wavy Passes
[Psycho's squad] being our private body guards, but he said he wasn't going to ever lose anypony else ever again. And knowing his past I understand his concern.

Compiling what we know. The trap was set by someone who knows about machinery. Strange, counting the Efim murder last year, that makes two such incidents, in a very short time. Regardless, the ponies that are known to work with machinery are, Toltot
[the immigrant that Venture discovered was a Darkbolt], a member of the commander's melee squad named Efim Ripeseeds the Pleated Pillar of Silkiness, an adept axepony, who has mastered the art of juggling both his axe and a shield in his filthy earthpony mouth, (I suspect him, I think the militia still blames me for the Bokbon incident, plus the reason I will talk about below.) Istbar is also capable of pulling it off but we know of no possible motive for her. Next we have Friesden, but naturally she's been under constant supervision so I don't think she could have snuck out and done it. And finally of course Nicolta Tesla.

Additionally, whichever pony did it was was able to get ahold of a crossbow. The bolt would be easy, those are left by all the archery ranges with little protection, but the bows (and all weapons) are kept locked in the armories, somepony, either stole one from behind the locked doors, or stole one from the militia or the traitor is somepony who would be allowed to take a weapon out. Or somepony made one. Khenal, should examine the weapon, and see if it is marked, and if so who was the last pony to check it out from the armory.

All this information has been relayed to Captain Khenal. Hopefully, he'll be able to track down the traitor and give him the justice he deserves.

It is my opinion that
[the writting ends here.]

Tesla has just been found in the caverns, he seems to have fallen off a small cliff. Doctor Bubbles was able to help him, but he seems to have suffered some short term memory loss and can't remember what he was doing there. The Doc says such things are common with head injuries and that he may remember in time.
[if Nicolta's player wants to join in. Otherwise I didn't want to make catching the culprit that easy.]

[I'm about to play some DF for a little while. So their might be exciting new things for you guys to react to by morning. Or maybe not depending on how long I play.]

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: November 17, 2011, 03:00:10 am »

DONE!

Psycho Carrot was born in a village called Estherxen. He was always different from the other ponies, and everypony was careful to avoid him. When he was 12, his mother was beaten to death by his dad, and he was traumatized forever. Carrot was involved in Khenal's first experiments in handling daemon possession, and died because of it.  He met his wife, Kil, some time after this, but was not aware of his own past at this point. When Psycho first arrived at Glitterglen, he didn't expect it to be where it was. In fact, he was told that it was even farther into the forest from where he ended up finding it.

True, Psycho was -for all intensive purposes- a zombie. However, he still has a mind, but his heart doesn't beat. His stomach digests food, but it stops there. If a doctor were to perform an autopsy on him, said doctor would likely kill him/herself after seeing the damage to the internal structure. Horror aspects aside, Psycho was kind but sharper than an adamantine blade when he needed to be. You could rest assure that you were safe if he was your bodyguard.

There's a reason why Psycho Carrot is stationed at glitterglen. First of all, used to be a 5-Star General for the queen. He was also the queen's favorite subject. Psycho was respected everywhere for his heroic deeds, such as the exaggerated tale involving defeating Armok in a game of pony chess. Then one day, Psycho just HAD to go and buck things up for himself. On the fateful day, when the queen gave birth to her new born child, Psycho Carrot snapped. Nopony, even to this day, knows why he snapped. Regardless, he grabbed the newborn, climbed up to the top of a two story building, and threw it off, insisting that it was actually a fire snake in disguise. Long story short, he was exiled to Glitterglen.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:02:07 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: November 17, 2011, 03:04:30 am »

Well, i'm going to hit the hay! Good luck everypony, and I'll see you -sort of- this afternoon. If not, I'll go to your home and rip out your spine!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:14 am »

uhm....
Sorry, friends. Was at school (FML, ONLY 4 MORE WEEKS!)
I've been working on Bubbles' back story. Standby until I get it done.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: November 17, 2011, 03:56:57 am »

((Incoming wall-o-text.  Most of it is just review, Khenal catching up with his journal entries.  The beginning and the end are new stuff, if a bit quick))

"I hate paperwork"

I sit at my desk in my office, the floor still covered in what I've decided is mud until somepony tells me otherwise. 

'I really hope it's just mud.'

I'm going over the reports from the day and the attempt on Charity's life, amazed at how much can happen in just a few hours.  I'm writing in a new book, freshly bought from a caravan.

Khenal's Sequel, Prologue

Hello, my new book.  I was going to call you just that, but if I get a third book eventually, it'll get confusing.  So I'm going to call you my Sequel.  I've had several other ponies read my Book, as it has important details about my past.  I'd write them in you as well, but the only ones who might read you already know, my Sequel.  And if they somehow manage to sneak you form my room, they likely have the skill to get my Book, though they should know that I don't take kindly to having my privacy invaded.

Anyway, I suppose I should get you up to speed, or at least tell you what has happened since I finished my Book.  Schmoe, the memory eater, is very complicated.  He has a convoluted plan to be reincarnated as a pony, I think, and he is in love with Friesden.  Yes, a daemon is in love.  Perhaps more astonishingly, she loves him back. 

Ovbiously, one has to die to be reincarnated.  I don't know if he manipulated the situation, or just took advantage of the work of another, but he got his chance when the export ban was violated.  Charity had evidence of several ponies trading away amulets which she had expressly forbidden.  I signed off their arrest, thinking the so-called smuglers would get a short jail sentence, or maybe a fine.  Most got jail time, but then the jail filled.  This is where I think either Schmoe or Carrot's daemon came into play, as the three remaining "smugglers" were given beatings.  Two died on the scene, and Thunder Splinter certainly would have died if she wasn't rushed to the hospital.

The one to administer the beatings was Istlig, one of my guards.  Naturally, Commander Starkey wasn't pleased with the guard murdering ponies in broad daylight under the guise of justice.  He has since told me the details of why he was so livid, but I won't retell his past here.  We set out to round up the guard, fearing the worst.  We never expected Istlig himself to simply walk up to me to voice his objection of using real weapons to administer the beatings, saying that somepony might have been hurt.  When I corrected him, he tried to kill himself.

With the help of Starkey, we were able to stop him, but he was possessed by Schmoe.  Apparently, Schmoe knew how to possess several ponies, and I suspect that Carrot's daemon may have as well.  I dared Schmoe to try to posses me, dangling my memories and power in front of him in an effort to have him in my head where I could deal with him.  I was able to bind him, though I now suspect he simply let me.

A few weeks later, he escaped me.  Carrot's daemon had regained control of him and was ready to wreak havoc in Glitterglen, and that apparently conflicted with Schmoe's plan.  He still had some connection to Friesden, and slipped to her and unleashed his power to fight Carrot's daemon.  Carrot was able to cast it out, and Schmoe dealt with it, and then demanded he be killed.  I didn't understand him at the time, thinking he wanted Friesden dead.  He finally said plain that he wanted himself dead, not Friesden, and I had no idea what to do.  Commander Starkey, however, did.  He asked me to link his and Friesden's minds, so he could handle Schmoe.

I did so, and thought he had killed Schmoe.  At the time, I missed two important clues that said he was likely still alive.  Firstly, the fires he had conjured didn't immediately die out.  And secondly, he had left a small portion of himself behind in me.  I named this new entity The Keeper, or just Keeper.  It seemed to be a repository of Schmoe's memories, though it apparently can't access all of them whenever it pleases.  I think that should get us to your first chapter, my Sequel.

Chapter 1

How can so many things happen in one day, my Sequel?  I startled Carrot into jumping out a window and seriously injuring himself, so the Commander and I rushed him to the hospital.  I ran ahead to make sure they would be ready to recieve him, but Friesden had gotten loose and attacked me.  I fended her off until Starkey could get there and help subdue her.  While he held her, I cast my sleep spell and we then tied her back to her bed.

In all the commotion, we didn't notice Carrot start to bleed.  He shouldn't be able to bleed, my Sequel.  He was basically a zombie, though a fully aware one.  His heart didn't beat, but now it apparently was, and it was looking to kill him by bleeding out.  Commander Starkey knows at least some basic treatment, and Keeper has medical knowledge as well.  Together, we were able to stabilize Carrot.

Not long after, Dr. Bubbles came rushing in with Charity on his back.  Somepony had trapped her room with a crossbow and it almost killed her.  The good doctor had her well in hoof, and she's on her way to a recovery.  I ordered guards in the hospital, then went to bed.

*Sigh* "There we go, it's been too long since I was able to write down my thoughts.  Though now I have nothing to distract me from these papers..."

I grimace before starting to work my way through the pile.  About half way though it, I bolt back to attention at what I just read.

Friesden escaped restraints again, timed during changing of guard.  Cryptson and Granite subdued her.  She is now being held in the old well room. 

I am already out the door before the report has a chance to drift down to the top of the pile of paperwork.

Another wall of text, loving hurled at the face of everypony, courtesy of me :P  Speaking of walls of text, I'll be transcribing the story of Glitterglen soon for everypony to read without our various coments and out of character stuff.  With all we've done, it will take a while, but I'll be doing it in chapters.  I'll be uploading on over on fimfiction.net, if anypony want to see it.  I'll be making small changes, mostly acting as editor to smooth out formatting and such.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: November 17, 2011, 04:07:14 am »

You still on, Khenal?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: November 17, 2011, 04:08:53 am »

He's still on, don't worry.
Aside from that, I'll most probably be away for an hour.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: November 17, 2011, 04:13:42 am »

With careful hoof movements, Friesden made a loop from the chain. She looked up, thoughtfully. Where to hang it from?
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 665