Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281857 times)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1545 on: November 15, 2011, 03:29:04 pm »

I smile, glad to be to the point.  I keep my voice calm and quiet, hoping to keep the conversation as private as it can be in a dining hall.

"I want to know how you did what you did to Charity.  I know you took her pain, and no earth pony should be able to do that."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: November 15, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »

"All I did was open the gate in my mind.  Nothing more and nothing less."
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: November 15, 2011, 03:35:35 pm »

"A gate to where?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: November 15, 2011, 03:38:53 pm »

"Just a nice room in my mind, comfortable chairs, good tea.  A bit lacking in good conversation though."
HEY!  There's no need to be rude.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: November 15, 2011, 03:46:07 pm »

"I trust you are the sole keeper of the key to that gate, Mr. Granite?  I don't want to sound rude, but I'm note sure I trust who or what is in that room.  However, if they truly helped Charity, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:17 pm »

"Khenal, none of my memories reference anypony like that."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: November 15, 2011, 03:59:43 pm »

Nicolta stared into the deep abyss below him, concentrating immensely to hold on. he wished the whole world would just pause, he wished he was home, he wished he stopped to think why a bartender would be giving him secret work orders, he wished to know what happened to Charity. oh, his friend Charity. if.. if he harmed her in any way...the thought was a unbearable, a dull internal pain to compliment the dull external pain of Couth's hooves cutting into her.

Through the pain, through the fear, and through the pumping adrenaline, Nicoltla tesla mutters one last thing;

"I am so sorry Charity, so sorry I failed you"

He plummets into the dark chasm below.

Couth stares into the chasm wide eyed and mouth open.

there's is a long silence

-Thud-

------------------
(in other words,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZ9vIS-OU4&feature=related)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 01:55:04 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: November 15, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

My eyes widen in surprise as I hear this.
"Benefit of the doubt eh?  I suppose that can also be translated as, 'tell me now and it probably won't be a problem, or tell me later when it might be a problem' can't it?"
Before Khenal could respond I continued, "I suppose I can either give you the long version or the short version.  Which would you prefer?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 15, 2011, 04:07:31 pm »

"Long version, please."

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 15, 2011, 04:19:04 pm »

"Long, long ago.  Back when great wars were fought between the ponies and the Diomedians, nothing like the small scuffles of today but thousands upon thousands of each side staking their future on a single battle.  During these battles immense amounts of magics were used by our unicorns and alicorns as well as their Diomedian counterparts.  Such magic leaves traces, pile up enough traces and you get an entirely new creation, a creation influenced by the place of its birth.  Since the sheer amount of magical residue would only occur in such pitched battles these creatures weren't given the best of influences.  The hatred and fear of the living, the pain and despair of the dying, every negative emotion known to pony-kind in one steaming cesspit of hate.  From these were born what we called Wraths.  I'm not sure what they're called these days though, most of them were killed early on, they were stupid creatures driven by hate for everything around them and sustained by the same emotions that gave them life.  As soon as they were 'born' they would take control of a nearby corpse, any kind of corpse, be it pony, diomedian, or something else.  They would then rush around causing as much mayhem and destruction as they could in order to feed themselves until they were either killed or simply starved to death.  Unfortunately for them they were rare creatures, and there's only so much a single badly mutilated corpse can do to a trained army complete with battlecasters.  However one of these creatures made a mistake that none other had made before or has made since.  It possessed a living being.  Near death, delirious and might as well be dead, but still alive.  It wasn't prepared to face any resistance on a mental front and was defeated easily.  But in it's defeat it was bonded to it's host.  The usual transformation that renders what was usually a corpse into a somewhat working creature still happened and brought the host fully to life, and as long as the Wrath is fed both will survive."
I smiled cheerfully and added, "I call him Negs."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 15, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »

I give Granite an incredulous look.

"So, Negs...'ate' Charity's pain?"

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:16 pm »

"A little self-doubt, some of her fear.  Maybe a little pride.  But mostly pain, yes."
Suddenly a second voice, similar but somehow different comes form Granites unmoving mouth.
"I don't think she believes you."
"Well either I'm just a very strange earth piny and very good ventriloquist or I'm telling the truth aren't I?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:04 pm »

"I'm a stallion, and I do believe you."

I give Granite a sincere smile as I stand to leave.

"Believe it or not, you aren't the strangest pony I've met here.  You at least seem to be stable and in control.  If you need help with anything, just come find me in my office or my room.  Ask a guard for me if you need directions.  I'm afraid I need to get going.  I'll need to reschedule our patrols and stations to make sure at least one guard is in the hospital at all times, especially with Charity in there right now."

'And I need to find the time to read a few of those books Carrot got me...'

Everypony thinks Khenal is a mare, do I need to give him a big beard to talk about or what? :P

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 15, 2011, 04:36:56 pm »

Dwarf women have beards, too.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 15, 2011, 04:39:01 pm »

((I'm just going to assume that Granite has skizofrenia.))
Psycho awakes with a start.
"AH! WHAT HAPPENED?! I remember khenal scarring me, then I jumped out a window...It's all blank after that." Psycho says, confused.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 665