Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281842 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1515 on: November 15, 2011, 03:52:12 am »

"I'm not sure. He seems reasonable enough, but then again it could be an act to con his way to freedom. I'm not very good at seeing through lies."

"I wonder... if he really loves Friesden, do you think he would help...  bring her back to us?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:44 am »

After finishing the crossbow trap. Nicolta Tesla goes to the arranged meeting area so he can teach Countess Charity the proper way to disable/enable the trap, so nopony would get hurt, who didn't deserve it. Naturally he won't find the Unicorn there.

Mere minutes after Tesla leaves the area, Charity approaches her office door. Her bouncing baby pegasus filly riding upon her back, slightly sleepy. Charity, humms a little lullaby for her daughter, as she begins to open the door. Her front right hoof, steps upon the pressure place, and a bronze bolt flies and strikes her in her chest. She attempts to cry out, but her cry is muffled by her collapsing lung. She takes a few steps back before stumbling, Skydancer falls off her mother's back, and hits the stone floor and begins to cry. Charity coaghs up blood as she tries to call out for help. Skydancer's cries echo throughout the upper levels of the fortress.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:09 am »

"I...don't know.  It seems just as likely that he's trying this reincarnation plan just to escape the pain of being loved by her as it is that he loves her in return and wants to be with her.  I'll see if Keeper has any thoughts on it, though."

'Well, Keeper?'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 15, 2011, 04:01:22 am »

((Tell me my office has a back door. I AM BACK PEOPLE! CHOOSING NOT TO JOIN THE EVEN CRAZIER RP, I WILL JOIN KING STRONGBEARD!))
*Bubbles hears a disturbance in the hospital, followed by what sounded awfully like Miss Charity screaming in pain. Charging out the back door, he found Charity bleeding at her front door, Skywalker crying nearby.*
"MISS CHARITY! WHAT HAPPENED?"
*Bubbles grabs her and brings her to the hospital as fast as he can*
((Damn, looks like you lot are going to have some even CRAZIER reactions to this.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 15, 2011, 04:02:30 am »

"...Keeper? Who is Keeper?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:22 am »

As Bubbles carries the Countess to the infirmry, she mumbles. "Assassins, trapped my office, assassins in Glitterglen, get the guard, warn my family. Skydancer? Where's Skydancer?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 15, 2011, 04:09:12 am »

"I fear I must confess. From what you have unsealed in my memory, it appears I am to be...Schmoe, did you call him? I am to be his incarnation if Friesden dies. I don't have his complete memories, but I do know that my previous version was called in my timeline too. I don't know how to procede. I'm...I'm lost. I don't know."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 15, 2011, 04:11:13 am »

"The popcorn that I never returned to Schmoe."

Realizing how insane that sounds, I try to elaborate.

"Er, in the middle of the confrontation, Schmoe had pulled out a bag of memories that he intended to eat like popcorn.  I snatched them from him, thinking he had somehow gotten loose and was taking my memories.  They were his memories, not mine.  I sealed them, hoping to limit his power by taking some of his sustenance.  Once I finally decided to try looking though them, they had changed into a unicorn who likes to say confusing things and give good advice that I usually don't want to follow."

I pause, seeming to listen to something.

"Really confusing things..."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 15, 2011, 04:17:08 am »

"...You know, insanity isn't a contest. You don't have to try and one-up me."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 15, 2011, 04:24:16 am »

"All I can tell you is what I remember from my own time. Even then, some of the memories are sealed. I can't give you a full and good account of it. I'm sorry."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 15, 2011, 04:25:13 am »

((And on that note, I must be off to bed. See y'all.))

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 15, 2011, 04:26:06 am »

"Charity, Skywalker is safe and sound. What i'm worried about right now is you. Your lungs are collapsing"
((This is all said in a calm tone to prevent Charity from waking up in shock))
*Bubbles bucks the door to the hospital open.*
((Now it's you guys' turn to say something convincing.))
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 15, 2011, 04:31:00 am »

Charity's breathing is very labored, after she's been assured that her baby, Skydancer, is okay, she allows herself to pass out. Her breathing is slow and would be painful were she awake, but she's still alive.

(Although if I'm not mistaken, Bubbles and Charity just crashed through the door into where Khenal, Starkey, Friesden, and unconscious Carrot are at. So yay, the gang is all together, and only two of us are dying, today. Well, so far.)

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 15, 2011, 04:34:10 am »

I am sitting on one of the hospital beds, examining the dagger from Carrot as I float it in front of me.  Starkey had excused himself, claiming an early shift in the morning.  I stayed behind to ensure Carrot doesn't die before anypony can help him.

I drop the dagger when Dr. Bubbles bucks the door open with the Countess across his back.

"What happened?!"

Like ships passing in the night, Starkey manages to sneak out before more drama happens ;)

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 15, 2011, 05:00:04 am »

Present Day

Oh Couth, what are you doing? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

I'm doing what nopony else has the guts to do.

And I'm doing it for the Princess.

At this thought, a weary Couth Darkmane finally stopped pacing around his room. he'd been doing it for hours, pacing around like a nervous wreck, but it's just now that he realizes it.

In fact, he comes to alot of hard hitting realizations. the most distressing one? he has no plan.

"ok, ok, plan, plan plan, whats the plan? where do I go from here?"

Couth picks up his quill and sets up some priorities on parchment.

"first, there's Nicolta to deal with."

"then, I need to set things right in Glitterglen, make it a better place."

"after that, the princess might notice I am a pony that exists."

the very thought caused a euphoria to wash over him.

It was just enough for him to commit to step one.

he sets off, saunters back in his home, grabs a bag of granite marbles with his mouth, and sets off again. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------

" well, here I am,"  Nicolta sighed impatiently, tapping her hoof. it's not like charity to keep him waiting.

his ears perk up, hears somepony crying! it could be a snatcher attack! his trap could have gone awry!

He tries to break into a gallop but some lunatic spread practically camouflaged marbles all over the cliff face!

He trips, tumbles, slips and slides off the edge! his grasp on the side of the cliff face is the only thing keeping him from his certain death.

As Nicolta looks up, there is an guardian angel looming over him, his Coffeemaker lackey good friend Couth Darkmane!

"Oh thank Celestia! quick! help me up!"

The colt sucks in his teeth.

"tsssst oooh, yeah, about that, I'm not going to get you out of there until we set a few things straight."

--------------------------
OOC: the owner of Nicolta Tesla speak now or forever hold your peace.

not bad for my first day, guys?         
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:21:58 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 665