Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281828 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1500 on: November 15, 2011, 02:15:14 am »

Psycho's heart begins to beat again, and the color to his skin begins to gradually return to it's former luster. He jolts upright for a moment before plopping back down. Psycho will survive.
((Well. It's 2:16 am in America...so I'm going to bed...G'night ponies!))
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:17:10 am by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 15, 2011, 02:18:59 am »

Starkey gives Carrot a cursory examination.

"He'll live, thank the goddess. What did you do?"
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 15, 2011, 02:26:22 am »

"Um, I gave him an electric shock to restart his heart.  I wasn't sure I should try it, but we were running out of options."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 15, 2011, 02:33:52 am »

"Heh. Trust you to think out of the box, lad."

Starkey approaches Friesden cautiously, expecting her to wake at any moment.

"Now... what's got you all hot and bothered, miss?"

He picks up the scalpel from her rampage, examining it.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 15, 2011, 02:39:54 am »

"Um, it wasn't my idea.  To shock him, I mean.  I...I need to talk to you about Schmoe.  Please?"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 15, 2011, 02:56:54 am »

*sigh* "How long have you known?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:58:34 am by Impending Doom »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 15, 2011, 03:01:43 am »

I pause to consider just how long I've known Schmoe was still alive.

"I suspected since right after the incident.  The fires didn't die after you were finished with Friesden.  I confirmed it a month or so ago, when I finally got the nerve to check on the popcorn Schmoe had left in my mind.  I had actually come to your office to talk about it then, but..."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 15, 2011, 03:04:41 am »

"Aye, he's still with me. Locked away somewhere even he can't escape, unless I allow it. What of it?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 15, 2011, 03:10:21 am »

"Wait, with you?!  I thought he had gotten away!  I thought we were going to have to start searching for him again before he could do...whatever it is he's actually trying to do!"

I pace a bit during my short tirade, before calming down and giving Starkey a measuring look, then smiling warmly.  'Figures he'd have the mental discipline to keep something like Schmoe in check.  Heh, even without magic.'

"What are you going to do with him?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 15, 2011, 03:15:49 am »

"I figured I'd milk him for as much information as I could, in case we ever have to deal with his ilk again - with our luck, likely and often. He's been... surprisingly forthcoming."

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 15, 2011, 03:20:06 am »

13th Malachite 98

Bokbon used to come into this bar everyday and read aloud her poems about nature, love, and all things beautiful. she captured my hart. she's gone now. and why? Incompetence. Pure Incompetence.

Some wrongs can't be made right. but I'll be damned if I can't try.

Couth wakes on the floor of his bar with his muzzle half-submerged in spilled ale and regret. I lost my temper again.. he thinks as he surveys the destruction of his normally spotless bar. "In last night's drunken rampage I turned over two racks of mead, threw a table out a window and ...? what's this, I wrote a note?"

Intrigued , Couth props up a strewn bar stool and begins to read. "this is unsettling." his eyes widen. "no, this is high treason."

Nicolta Tesla,

It has come to my attention that I need to bolster my office's security in light of the current break-in. I am formally requesting you to set up a crossbow trap during it's renovation and prime it. don't breathe a word of it to any other pony. what's the use of a trap if everyone knows there's a trap? meet me at the cliff overlooking Khenal's office for your just reward.
                                                                        - Mayor Charity

what's that phrase "just reward" implying? I always joked that place was a great place for somepony to "have an accident" but would I possibly?

"what'ca readin' ?" Nicolta Tesla asked.

Couth jumps back about ten feet.

"WHO IN CELESTIAS NAME LET YOU IN?"

"uh, I came in here for my usual morning brew? and then I find the whole place turned over? are you ok?

right. this is the part of my day where I make Nicolta a ridiculously caffeinated brew and she frantically chats my ear off about her latest technical marvel beheading this and eviscerating that.

" I'm just.. uh, well I.. had an accident taking stock, it's nothing."

"Mmm'hm. well do you have my brew ready?"

"sorry, not today."

"oh, well it's been uh, interesting chatting with you. I guess i'll get going."

she turns to leave

"hey, Nicolta? I heard the Mayor and the militia had a stand off.  were there any arrests?"

"hmm, nope, I think everything was sorted out in the end and everyone understood each other!"

"hah, yeah everyone got a happy ending. hey Nicolta, I almost forgot, Charity wanted me to give this letter to you." Couth said coldly.

-----------------------
OOC, next person to walk into Charity's office gets an arrow to the chest! the !!FUN!! has been doubled!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:02:06 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 15, 2011, 03:22:56 am »

"Have you talked with him about why he wants to die?"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 15, 2011, 03:28:30 am »

"Apparently, he's been with Friesden for... quite a while. Since long before she came to Glitterglen. In their time together, they seem to have... fallen for eachother. I don't quite understand the last part but... apparently love is painful to daemons? Something along those lines. So it seems like he wanted to die so he could find another way to be with her?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:43:34 am by Impending Doom »

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 15, 2011, 03:43:31 am »

"Fallen for eachother?  Oh wow, didn't see that one."

I sit down, trying to wrap my mind around anypony falling for a daemon and for a daemon to reciprocate the feeling.

"Huh, I guess that explains his odd behavior.  And most of the rest of his plan.  But if it works, will he be a good...whatever he becomes, or will he be even worse?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 15, 2011, 03:50:07 am »

((I'm back.))
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 665