Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281816 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1455 on: November 14, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »

Friesden doesn't seem to notice him, just continuing to try and hit Khenal.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 14, 2011, 11:40:43 pm »

I continue trying to avoid Friesden's blows, but it's quickly becoming apparent that I can't dodge her forever.

"Please Friesden, I don't want to hurt you!"
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: November 14, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »

Realizing this isn't working, Starkey takes a more direct approach: he grabs her around the middle with both forelegs and hovers, lifting her high into the air.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:11 pm »

She seems to become even more frenzied, and replies "But I want to kill YOU!"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:25 pm »

12th Malachite 98

It's near midnight in Glitterglen. everypony is asleep, and the air in the very cave itself is motionless. all but one building, a bar called the Unshorn Fetlock shows even a glimmer of life. inside are 12 off-duty haulers and their gracious host and bartender Couth Darkmane entertaining them. "...and ten amulets made of that banned metal tumble out of her basket! her father looks at the whole mess his daughter made, looks at her , looks at the guard and says..." Couth pauses as he refills a hauler's mug with the finest brew ... and he says "I don't know her!""  the mead hall roars with laughter. "and what happened next!?" cried a hauler in baited breath. Couth's eyes lock with his. "the guard beat her to death." he said dryly. the room went silent. If this was the punchline of couth's joke it was a sick one. " I-I'm so sorry I didn't know." the inquiring hauler stammered to cut the tension. Couth cocks an eyebrow. " you didn't know the guards killed three ponies over amulets? do you live under a ROCK?" " uh, yes. yes I do." the hauler responds truthfully.  Couth sighs, says "well, it was a mistake. it's over. no need to-" "well who's mistake was it?" interrupted another pony. "nopony official is pointing hooves yet, but last I checked it's under Charity's authority to enforce-" "damn the mayor,an' damn tha princess! those bluebloods try every trick in the book to keep us down."A drunk hauler close to Couth garbled. Couth clenched his teeth "say what you want about mayor Charity but our princess Hux had nothing to do with-" the drunk pony detects the bartender's fondness for the royal family " alicorns think of us like pests, they want of us earthponies dead." "you. out. now." Couth says coolly.  the hauler continues "I will never have enough coin to feed my family, and why? because i wasn't born with wings and a stupid hoity-toity hor-" Couth grabs the drunk bastard by the mane and headbutts him unconscious, breaks a bottle of fine wine and with a mad glare declares "THE BAR IS CLOSED. EVERYONE OUT." everypony makes a mad dash out of the bar.

-----------------
not done, will write more after I finish watching walking dead  :P

EDIT this post is now cannon                 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 12:44:12 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 14, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »

"Sorry, but I don't want to die."

My horn flashes as I cast the sleep spell, trusting in Starkey to keep Friesden from falling on the scalpel or anything else dangerous.

I believe we only have 3 miners, and one of them is brand-spanking-new.  Haulers might work better for your bar, just so you know, DVNO :P
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 14, 2011, 11:53:38 pm »

Friesden's thrashing slows, then eventually stops.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: November 14, 2011, 11:56:23 pm »

Starkey strains under her weight, before gently lowering her to the ground.

"What the clop was that all about?"
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: November 14, 2011, 11:59:57 pm »

"I think she blames me for her current state, or she's absolutely insane.  Maybe a bit of both..."

I carefully levitate her back to the traction bench, making sure she's secure.

*Sigh* "I should have listened and had her observed at all times..."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: November 15, 2011, 12:01:46 am »

Psycho's left front leg begins to bleed heavily for no visable reason
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: November 15, 2011, 12:01:54 am »

"Damn it all, I had hoped with that daemon gone, she'd show some improvement!"

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: November 15, 2011, 12:04:45 am »

I believe we only have 3 miners, and one of them is brand-spanking-new.  Haulers might work better for your bar, just so you know, DVNO :P

That is absolutely correct. I know most players tend to have more miners than that, but I tend to think two or three legendary miners work quite fast enough. I might use more if I have some sort of large underground project planned, but in most forts only a handful is sufficient, the other ponies are unnecessary. So yeah DVNO you might want to use haulers instead of miners for your bar. As they are the largest group of nameless ponies.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: November 15, 2011, 12:15:40 am »

"Me too..."

I turn to look at Starkey and notice Carrot on the bed behind him.

"...Why is Carrot bleeding?  Doctor!"

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: November 15, 2011, 12:17:31 am »

"Bleeding? He's undead, how can he..."

Starkey checks Carrot's pulse.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:43 am »

Starkey feels a tiny, miniscule heartbeat.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 665