Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281776 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1380 on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:43 am »

"Sir. What REALLY happened when you went inside Friesden's mind? Khenal just glares or frowns at me when I ask him."
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: November 14, 2011, 02:17:15 am »

"In a moment of weakness, I allowed myself to become the very tyrant I despise..."
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 14, 2011, 02:19:36 am »

Realizing that Starkey is going through shell shock, Psycho quietly leaves him to give him some time to rest. I head to my room and go to bed. Khenal also goes home.
((I'm just ending the scene so that we can all be fully awake for the next one. Good night everypony!))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:21:11 am by The Master »
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 14, 2011, 02:30:50 am »

I'm just getting started, damnit! It's barely 6:30 PM here!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 14, 2011, 02:33:22 am »

As everyone leaves, Starkey drifts off into a fitful sleep. He once again finds himself on the deck of his ship.
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 14, 2011, 02:35:16 am »

Hey, Cap'n, comes the familiar voice, and the speaker is quick to follow.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 14, 2011, 02:39:12 am »

"Hello, Schmoe. How have things been?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 14, 2011, 02:42:01 am »

The daemon chortles. Same old, same old. How are things progressing in the material realm?

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 14, 2011, 02:48:45 am »

"... I'm managing..."

He is clearly lying.

"Now, are you ready to tell me why you
really wanted to die?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 14, 2011, 03:36:36 am »

I won't press you. Very well, then. Why I wanted to die. It's a long story.

Friesden, as you may know, has been my...host, that's a good translation, for a long time. What you don't know is how long. Since before her birth she has held me. At first it was a mere inconvenience. Her sire had...well, you'd best ask Friesden herself that. She sealed those memories from me. Anyway, her sire had done something to try and seal me in her...to control. I played with her. Her defences were pitiful, even for a pony. Buffaloes are where the mental protection is at.

Anyway, it was a mere inconvenience. That was where I learned to possess multiple ponies. Her sire,
he starts to grin, he tried to bind me again. Didn't have an idea about why it wasn't working. Eventually he went nearly mad and tried to bind me into Friesden's dam. Ha. I took control of Friesden then. Knocked her sire out while he was still preparing. Killed the dam. I grabbed her soul before it left the realm. It was a trophy at the time. Delicious, causing a filly to kill her dam. She was charged with murder, but an investigation by the unicorns of the town halted that and had her immediately imprisoned in a sealed facility.

They knew she had a daemon inside her, and they knew her sire had bound it into her. He was executed, the fool. They didn't know that the daemon was free. After a week of boredom, I had unbound three other daemons, turning the ponies into daemonhosts. The entire facility was destroyed, and we escaped.

From then, it was us against the world. It took some time to get a proper...agreement, shall we say. Her mind was our main weakness, you see? We agreed to split it. Her mother was the first mind to be added. Then we started to add false minds, voluntarily, on her side, giving her multiple personalities. I, of course, controlled them. We only needed them to dodge the telepaths. The rest of the time, it was her.

Eventually we came here. Both of us had gotten sloppy...lazy. We lost control of her mind once. One of the pegasi died. That was when we fabricated the diary. Marvellous work of fiction. I do recommend it.

I was straining myself, trying to find why I had lost it. It came to me. We had fallen for each other. By this time, Friesden was in gaol. She had retreated into her mind, letting the other personalitie take over. I came back. And from there, you should know. Friesden knew we had to escape. If we had a small riot over anything, we could take the chance to get out. Friesden didn't know, but I had already planned to escape from her. Positive emotions are poison to a daemon. I was trying for Khenal, to get him to banish me, but he decided to trap me instead. I'd already left Friesden mostly trapped, but she knew why. When that bastard possessing Carrot came...well, I couldn't just hide behind Khenal. I reopened Friesden's connection and drove back into there. I fought off Carrot...and the rest you know.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 14, 2011, 03:44:01 am »

"Then the real Friesden has been deep within since before she came here? Have any of us even met the real Friesden?"

"What was so... special about the daemon posessing Carrot? What was he to you? Why did you have to fight him?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 14, 2011, 03:52:18 am »

The daemon laughs again. Oh, you've met the 'real' Friesden, as much as you can say there is one. Whether there still is one...well, I cannot say. But if there is one, you have met her, before the killing. As to the daemon...he was one of the bound who escaped destruction of the holding facility. One of the five pony daemon pairs who did. Friesden and I, the three I unbound, and him. He isn't smart. But he's powerful. He may have retreated for the moment, but he's still out there.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 14, 2011, 03:53:24 am »

"And what happened to the other three pairs? Are they here in Glitterglen?"

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 14, 2011, 03:54:51 am »

The daemon shrugs. Truth be told, I have no idea. Could be anywhere.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 14, 2011, 04:02:03 am »

"One more question: What do you plan on doing once you're free, if that is indeed what I decide to do with you?"
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 665