Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281766 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1335 on: November 13, 2011, 03:56:23 pm »

Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: November 13, 2011, 03:57:03 pm »

'Do you mind if I simply call you Keeper?'  I think for a few moments, pacing in my head.  'Why did the daemon want me to kill it?  It was acting very strangely when it confronted that other daemon, nothing like what I would have expected a daemon to act.'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: November 13, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

"Very well then. The answer to your question is unclear at this time. Your knowledge could change you completely. If you wish to learn, it could give you a moral imperative to disobey what you desire. Do you still wish to learn it?"
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: November 13, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »

'I'll hold off on that one for now, then.  I'd rather ease into this stuff if at all possible.  Hmm.  Can Daemons actually make friends?  Schmoe called me friend several times, and I've been wondering if he wasn't being sarcastic the entire time.'
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: November 13, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

"Provisionally. Daemons suffer pain from any of the so-called positive emotions. Love, friendship, joy, compassion, etcetera. Schmoe, as you know him, may well have been feeling one of these emotions for ponies, but if he was, it is either a restricted or prohibited memory. I am sorry I cannot help you more. Are there any further questions?"
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: November 13, 2011, 04:12:17 pm »

((you're reminding me of the hologram in I-robot.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: November 13, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »

'Do you know how to help Friesden?'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:01 pm »

"The pony known as Friesden is the main subject of these memories." The unicorn appears deep in thought. "It -seems- additional memories have been implanted that are more current, but they are off limits, even to me. I'm sorry. However, the current memories indicate that Friesden suffers from a multitude of mental illnesses. Most notable is manic depression, but also seen are post traumatic stress disorder, sociopathy, and a variety of other minor ones. Suggestions left by Schmoe are.....that's strange. These include more current memories that are not off limits. It appears that she has developed extreme sadism. First recommendation given is isolation and restraints. She is not be left alone or with single ponies. Ponies listed as to stay away include... Starkey, Khenal, Psycho Carrot, Charity...there is a long list here, but most of the ponies have already died in the memories presented."

The unicorn smiles. "Anything else?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: November 13, 2011, 04:25:28 pm »

'How recent are those new memories?'

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: November 13, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »

((That, Detective, is the right question. Program terminated.))
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

"Within the last month, though I cannot give a full accounting."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: November 13, 2011, 04:36:06 pm »

'Then he is still alive.  In that case, tell me why Schmoe wanted to die.  I accept that the answer may change me, but I need to know.'

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: November 13, 2011, 04:41:37 pm »

"Very well. Accessing those memories." The unicorn remains still for a moment, then his expression changes. "...I see. Very well, Khenal. The daemon Schmoe wished to die for two reasons, focused on one motive. He was suffering extreme pain, as well as wanting to lose his daemonic nature. Can you guess the rest?"

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: November 13, 2011, 04:52:22 pm »

'...He was feeling happiness, or a mixture of the positive emotions you mentioned.  And he didn't want to be a daemon any more.  He's too tricky to simply let himself be destroyed if he died, he had some backup plan to keep existing as something else.  As something that could feel friendship without pain.  Thank you, Keeper, for this information.  I'll likely be back with more questions, but I need to get some answers from somepony else first.'

I open my eyes.

"I need to talk to Commander Starkey."

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: November 13, 2011, 08:14:36 pm »

Once again, Otik stands vigil outside Starkey's office, This time with an open book and a plate of food. She does not seem to notice Khenal.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 665