Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 665

Author Topic: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.  (Read 281727 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress. Glitterglen.
« Reply #1275 on: November 13, 2011, 02:10:39 am »

While the others were out of the room, Friesden got up. There, right where she knew it would be, was a scalpel. This would be hard to do, but it felt right. She carefully used her hooves to hold the scalpel steady, and stuck out her tongue. She laid it on the bench top, and carefully manuevered the scalpel up above, and slammed it down, cutting into the tongue. She dragged it through, cutting the tongue in half. She dropped the scalpel and headed back to the bed when she heard somepony coming.
((Just in case you didn't read this))
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
  • Humble smelter, making music
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 13, 2011, 02:16:32 am »

"She did...something to herself, that's why she's in the bench.  I didn't ask too hard, I'm...not sure I actually want to know.  They said it wasn't life-threatening, at least."

Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 13, 2011, 02:27:36 am »

Gurgling comes from Friesden's bench.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 13, 2011, 02:31:54 am »

I wince at the gurgling, and get up to check on Friesden.

"And she's been making weird sounds, like a newborn foal figuring out her mouth.  I'm worried about her."
Slave traders occasionally bring feral ghouls for trade. I haven't decided if this is a bug or feature yet.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 13, 2011, 02:33:54 am »

"Kaaallluuuu." comes the gurgling.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 13, 2011, 02:38:05 am »

Unable put up with the noise, I walk over to see what's wrong. I see the bandages and then foolishly tear them off her tongue and scream in horror.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:46:41 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 13, 2011, 02:39:39 am »

((Her mouth is being held open. And her tongue is bandaged.))

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 13, 2011, 02:51:20 am »

"Carrot, what are you doing?!  You can't just mess with whatever the doctors have done, you don't know what's wrong!"

I get a closer look at Friesden's mouth, ignoring what I take to simply be Carrot either overreacting again or playing another joke.  I go pale when I realize why he's screaming.

"Oh..."

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 13, 2011, 02:55:35 am »

"Khenal..." I say, pale. "I...I know that she did this somehow...but..." I look around for something that could cause this, and only find a scalpel. I grab it and show it to Khenal.
"...I found the likely culprit...I feel faint..." Psycho says before vomiting up his entire lunch.
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 13, 2011, 02:55:56 am »

My most sincere apologies for not posting on Saturday like I said I would. My internet crapped out and then I had to go to my cousins birthday and just was way busier than I expected to be. But I'm going to start now.

Charity's Journal the day after the most recent daemon battle

I've been informed that in the hours after Otik tried to arrest me, that there was a fire raging in the food stockpile outside the barracks. I don't know the details, but the tales they are spinning in the dinning room are truly fantastical. Stories of demons fighting, walls of fire, Khenal, Starkey, and Carrot, running into the fire to save Friesden, claims that Friesden started the fires, ghostly chains, and mental magics, I honestly don't know what's truth and what's fiction at this point.

Charity's Journal 19th Slate 98

Today, we had a ceremony in the lower dinning hall, honoring Psycho Carrot, for the bravery and loyalty he showed to me several nights ago. He has been awarded the adamantine earring, The Magicians of Violence, forged by the possessed pony Katak Duralertong, and was officially promoted to Captain. I'm dividing Otiks squad in half, one half will remain under Otik, and is made up of Otik and the ponies that broke down my door. Captain Carrot will lead those that did not take part in that, event.

14th Felsite 98

Cindersparks was heading up to the surface earlier but when she opened the door a pair of Parasprites tried to attack her, they got a few good bites in on her wings but she fought them off.

15th Felsite 98

Thundersplinter is still in the hospital, Doctor Bubbles has been doing his best, but well, she's developed an infection all up and down her right rear leg. I later found out that the "thread" the Doctor used was actually diomedian pony hair. I bet that had something to do with it. Disgusting. I hope Thunder is strong enough to fight off the sickness.

18th Felsite 98

I had my fourth foal this morning. An aquamarine peasus filly, with beautiful copper eyes. We've decided to name her Skydancer. I was surprised to see that she was a pegasus, I didn't think Cryptson or me had any pegasan blood in us. Or maybe that's just a side effect of unicorns mating with earthponies? I don't really know.

22nd Felsite 98

Psycho Carrot and Kil have finally moved into their new room. I had it place directly across the hall from mine, a mere two steps from the dinning hall. Inside is a pair of masterwork beds, a stone chest and cabinet, and a statue of myself. Additionally the whole place has been engraved by our numerous artists. It's twice the size of their old place I hope they enjoy it.

Additionally, with Doctor Alen in prison, and Friesden, in her state of mind. Doctor Bubbles has been in need of an assistant. And he's hired on Carrot's wife Kil as a Nurse. She won't actually be working on any ponies directly, but will be helping bring food and water to the patients, and the prisoners in the cell block.

(Prisoners were getting thirsty, Bubbles has been to busy working on Thunder to bring them water, and while I have drink stockpiles set up in the cells, to take drinks from the main pile near the stills, and have nearly 500 drinks, the barrels still remain dry. Thus I'm making Kil a full time Nurse. She will have zero responsibilities other than Cleaning, Recovering wounded, and Feeding/watering patients/prisoners.)

2nd Hematite 98

We had a few ponies attacked, by parasprites, while building the next floor of the wooden tower. I'm sending out Starkey and Khenal's squads to chase them away. While Captain Psycho and Otik watch the cavern entrance together.

4th Hematite 98

I tried to teach Cobalt to channel some simple magic earlier. He took to it well, and was able to cast the simple spells I had him channel decently, but not perfectly, though better than I could at that age. He grew impatient when I wouldn't let him move on to more advanced spells, but I explained that magic is an art that require a lot of practice and dedication to get anywhere with. I think he understood.

Later I went to have a talk with Venture. The filly's fifth birthday is coming up this year, and I want to help her get an apprenticeship with one of our craftsponies. She doesn't seem to know what she wants to do yet. I suggested she shadow a few of the older ponies to get a feel for what she would like to do.

And finally, Thunder was released from the hospital today. She, won't be able to walk without a crutch, though. I showed up to see Nurse Kil trying to teach her how to get around with one. As soon as she got the hang of it though she went right back to the carpentry shops and got back to work.

17th Hematite 98

Katak has been complaining to me about being, "just a hauler", before being sent to Glitterglen he was a promising metal crafter, but we can't spare the metal for him to practice with here. I've decided to allow him to begin training under Grifen as a new miner. Cryptson, doesn't work as much now that he's married to a countess, so Grif could use the extra help.

26th Hematite 98

We had another accident today. While working on the showers for the cavern entrance, the decision was made to tap into the hospital's reservoir for water. The planned path would have the water, flow down, into the caverns, through Khenal's office, (also giving him a nice private shower/waterfall), eventually draining into the underground lake.

However, we underestimated the water pressure, and when Cryptson breached the last foot of stone, he was immediately submerged. He nearly drowned, but managed to climb out. The water, did not fall, but blasted into the caverns, catching some of the marksponies by surprise and washing them down the hill. Some water blasted down into Khenal's office and flooded it. More started flooding another floor that was intended to have a waterfall in it, this water flowed down to the magma forge area.

Fortunately nopony was hurt. The water was pressurized but there was a limited quantity of it, and once Cryptson got out, we were able to flip the emergency shut off lever. Stopping the last of the water before it could make the situation worse. Once the water dries out a little, we'll begin working on getting the shower working without this happening again.

If you guys want to finish the scene you're currently doing, just consider this to be what happens in the days following it, and don't feel like I'm necessarily cutting you off, just try not to burn down the fortress, okay.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 13, 2011, 02:57:59 am »

"Kaaaalllluuuuu."

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 13, 2011, 03:13:54 am »

"Oh, Friesden..."

I get a determined look in my eyes look at Carrot.

"Carrot, put that scalpel back where you found it!  Actually, give it to me, you get a bucket and mop to clean that up.  I appreciate you visiting, but don't interfere with the healing process!  Injuring Friesden helps nopony, and I'd like to get better as soon as possible and get back to helping Friesden and Glitter Glen!"

I compose myself a bit after yelling at Carrot.

"I'm sorry Carrot, I'm just a bit restless here in the hospital.  I really do want to get better quickly and get out of the hospital, and I really do appreciate your visits."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 13, 2011, 03:15:13 am »

"Kaaaaaaalllluuuuu."

Frieden starts coughing.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:12 am »

Highly offended, I storm out of the hospital with the scalpel. I then throw it at my door, embedding itself into it.
((Carrot despises cleaning and getting yelled at.))
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:19:02 am by The Master »
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Khenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: November 13, 2011, 03:18:51 am »

*Sigh*  "That could have gone better."  I turn back to Friesden to see why she's coughing.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 665