Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22432 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #300 on: September 22, 2011, 09:13:17 pm »

They found a cultist looking character. Green eyes, slightly strange demeanor, weird way of walking, trench coat. Something about him was ever so subtly wrong, digging away at anyone looking at him like a insect bite. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

"Hello lady. How many?" he asked.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 22, 2011, 09:19:39 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator):

The scientist arched his brow in slight surprise.
"That's quite interesting, seems I'm going to need to get some more supplies when I do my tests. One moment."

Rick hastily removed the last gem, then opened a rift in front of him and tosses the gems through. As they hit his tear in reality, he felt a pull on it, as if the gems did not want to mingle with his power. He concentrated, and forced the tear to hold, sending the gems into a glass container in his lab.
"those gems just get more and more strange... Ack!" He coughed, spitting up a bit of blood. So it seemed sending those gems REALLY strained his power.

"Huh, let's get going then, highly dangerous, possibly demonic secrets aren't going to find themselves."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2011, 09:31:07 pm »

PTM reverted the blade to a raw boulder, and startedsmashing at the cultists.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »

"Clear... Clear... Clear..."

Seeing through the eyes of her shadow puppet, Tsume checks though office after office, workshop after workshop...

"Clear... Clear... Cle--"

And then, a strange green-eyed man pacing around an operating room, addressing them cordially.

The shadow stares transfixed at it, ignoring it's query, as the Tsume around the corner puts up a hand to signal a halt.

Nodding, the sergeant motions up two soldiers, who quietly prime flash and smoke grenades and toss them around the corner, while the squad readies IR goggles and ventilators.

Suddenly, the room is filled with light and sound, followed shortly by a thick cloud of smoke and ten men with assault rifles leveled, shouting "GET DOWN!", while the other two soldiers and Tsume remain outside to cover the corridor.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:37:37 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2011, 09:51:54 pm »

As it turns out, the Jewel Man can do things to reality. He dissipated like smoke, while a strange biomass spread across the room and out into the open doorway. A dark red fog started to cover the area, and reality in the facility slowly shifted to look like his home dimension. This is a very very very bad thing.

Tom noticed the biomass before it was too late. He opened a locker marked "IN CASE OF PATHOGEN OUTBREAK WEAR MASKS" and took out two gas masks. He wore one and handed the other to Rick. As the reality stabilized, green crystals grew in the biomass's flesh and mouths chanted an insane language. Thankfully, the turrets prevented the biomass from spreading too far.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2011, 10:08:51 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator)

Rick took the gas mask and put it on.
  "Well then, this is starting to get a little surreal. It sounds like there are a lot of people around here, which means soldiers. I don't think they would take kindly to us lurking around in the basement with Jules." He stopped, with Tom looking at him strangely.
  "I decided to name him Jules, since 'The Jeweled Man' takes a lot longer to say. Anyway, let's find what we're after and get the hell out of here, I have a feeling that things are going to go from bad to worse."
He continued to head deeper into the facility, looking for whatever had drawn this much attention.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:18:03 pm by Sinpwn »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 22, 2011, 10:16:05 pm »

"I guess we just need a clue to where the cultists are." Tom said, catching up with Rick. The gas mask was very uncomfortable, and stuffy. "I suppose if we find the place where Jules was summoned, we get a clue. Bit risky, but it could be done."

Tom looked at the mouths on the wall. They were constantly chanting "Mkïúyðfç", so he guessed that was Jules's maiden name. He burst out laughing at that.

"Hey, you know how Jules isn't his real name? Imagine if abominations like him had maiden names that were actually their own tongue, like Cthulhu and that?" Tom asked between the giggles.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »

Zeox finally managed to climb up to the roof. Running over to the side he looked down and saw that the huge monster formally known as priest was still stomping around. Zeox began to gather energy in his hand.

"Here goes nothing"

He ran back to the other side of the building and the still charging his energy sprinted as fast as he could towards the edge and flung himself off. In midair he swung himself around and aimed himself towards the beast. He continued to charge his energy, more than he had ever used before
"Take This!" With all his might he swung his fist forward and released the stored energy impacting the creature square in it's face.
It's FEF, not FEOF

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 22, 2011, 10:25:39 pm »

"Hold your fire!"

As the biomass spread like wildfire through the facility, covering everything it touched, the sergeant swore in every language he knew.

{"The fuck is this? We've got a carpet of funky alien crap trying to take the lobby, Sarge, coming from your direction."}

{"Affirmative, Contingency Gamma. I'm scrubbing this mission in ten; if we're not out by then, cut your losses and get back to the boat."}

{"Copy that, Sarge. We'll try and stall this crap as long as we can, so as not to attract attention, but it'll go around us eventually."}

"Jenkins, you still got the blueprints? Good, we're double-timing to the hot zones. Tsume, get meatshields on point- everyone else, stay sharp and shoot on sight. We're on the clock here! Go! Go! GO!"

"Yes Sir!"

The squad, with ten shadow puppets in the lead, breaks into as fast a run as they can manage without tripping over the new terrain.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:27:50 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »

Rick was going to respond to Tom, but was cut off by a large amount of yelling and gunfire. Rich managed to hear a few words, and gathered that the soldiers were retreating.
He attempted to respond again, but was cut off by the sound of a clap of unnatural thunder from the surface. He decided to continue running.
The biomass was getting thicker and thicker, with spires of crystal jutting out of the walls and floor.
They reached the end of the hallway, with the crystals being so close they had to slow down.

As they entered the next room, what Rick saw would have terrified and amazed him, if these emotions were not dulled by his nature.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 22, 2011, 10:50:46 pm »

After that powerful blow the Priest fell to a knee and a green blood streamed from his crown. A Knockdown but not a Knockout, The Priest lets out a garbled roar as he fired a cutting laser from his implant eye, where the laser hit an explosion of notable strength followed. Roydon was getting on his feet as the laser went by, putting him to a knee. The Priest then flapped his Skelletal wings, Unleashing a storm of dark green metalic shards around the fighting space, A Hurricane of shards went thudding into the walls. Luckily Roydon was able to protect his head with arms, resulting in a multitude of wounds bleeding very light red blood. Notably so. But Roydon wouldnt stop for that, He couldnt. he grips the Crusher in one hand, its head covered in burn marks and small dents from the previous attack, and his trusty pistol he charges the beast once more. Expending a clip of ammuntion as he closes the distance with the Unholy Beast, each bullet finding its mark but only a few travel through the toughened hide of the Priest. He brings the Crusher to bear, Aiming for his head but the blow is parried. The Beast was fast and tough, But how long could it hold out. It struck out with its free hand tearing Roydons armor on his abdomen. Roydon responds with a solid punch with his free hand, putting enough power into it to hospitalize a normal man but the Beast took it like a Boxer takes a body blow.
Raggle Fraggle

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:47 am »

While the priest was being distracted by a man with some sort of electrical rod, it's defense was open. He ran at it, and jabbed all 6 of his stingers into the thing's abdomen, and began pumping toxin as quickly as he possibly could.  (write the outcome)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2011, 07:21:13 am »

The summoning area was the center of this corruption. Twenty scientists lay dead all around, but they weren't killed by gunfire or disease. Their necks were all snapped, neatly, by some sort of force beyond human strength. A strange circle of stones buzzed with green energy, showing an insane city filled with biomass and green energy. Creatures mewed and crawled  on their already horribly mutated bodies. This was a land of sickness, and they had opened a portal into it and given it a body.

Tom looked away and searched for something, anything.

Interruptions
It appears that an outsider group has taken interest in this experiment. The lab has been broken into four times, and I request a gene lock. There is also the matter of the strange graffiti on the cafeteria walls "A Decay Factory Will Solve It All" This may be a trap, but I believe this is the abbatior outside of the city. Please solve the problem.

"We have our lead. Can you send us up?" Tom asked. He felt himself rise, and he was on the surface. The Priest was dead, and it seemed to be calming down a bit.

"Hey! I have a lead on the location of the cultists!" Tom shouted.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:35:30 am by Fniff »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2011, 08:49:14 am »

Rick stepped through the rift shortly after Tom, turning to the supers.
"So it seems that you have some soldiers running around in the basement... Oh, and an eldrich god with a portal to another world that is trying to bleed into ours, so you might want to look into that."
He stopped for a moment, making sure that everything he had collected was still in his reinforced pockets.

"I'm going to head home and see If I can figure out anything about this disease, call this number if anyone wants to contact me."
He dropped a business card, then quickly stepped through the rift.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2011, 08:59:49 am »

Subject 187 had to take advantage of the noise of all the screaming coming from around him. He went to the nearest wall where he wasn't seen and placed his hands on the wall. Moving his hands apart the walls seemed to follow, cracking and creaking the entire time. He was in the offices, now he could get to the stairs unimpeded, but the doors seemed to be leading him elsewhere to the right. Crossing through the plain white room with a standard desk he had an idea. He shuffled the desk to the door and waited for a guard to pass by. He burst the door into them in a flurry of hard oak splinters, then before another guard could react he tilted the desk upwards and grafted it into the wall. The second guard started pounding on the door, and it wasn't long before they had friends helping them. Now he doubled back. If he was quick he should be able to get to the stairs to the upper offices. He had gotten to the stairs before anyone noticed, the diversion worked.

This was WAY easier than fighting.

At the top of the stairs there was a guard standing at the right most turret (based on the initial description).

Maybe not.

187 got close slowly shifted a column of stone from the stair's support beam trying to not alert the guard. He then flicked it towards the guard forming a spike and held his hand over the guards mouth. As the spike pierced his heart his fast breathing started to slow as the blood poured out in a heavy manner. His muffled screams became more and more distant and his legs started to give out as all his muscles crashed to the floor in a loose ragdoll way. 187 had done this before during one of his attempted escapes so he knew what it would be like to kill in such a fashion, but it was still strange to him. He moved from the stairway to the right, towards the central office block, but it appeared as if someone had beaten him to the upper level. There were no more guards, so at least that was easy, but it was unnerving to see corpses strewn about at his feet as he walked. Who was this that had done this? Pulling the last corner he stood at the elevator control switch. The cargo elevator engines fired up and started to hum as it pulled the elevator up the inclined descent. It would be a few minutes before the elevator arrives.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38