Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22329 times)

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2011, 12:26:59 pm »

(Okay then.)
Aaron thought for a moment.
"Hmm, imma try and break their knee-caps"
He had set his plan into motion.
He transformed into himself, but with huge, bat-like wings!
Aaron then ran behind a beam, and started to fly, not very stable, but he could fly.
Aaron soon reached the top of a beam, looking around, he then found a barrel of highly explosive gas.
"Hmm, this will be good to throw off."
Aaron pushed the barrel off.
He jumped to a near by beam, trying to keep as far away from the explosion as possible.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:29:35 pm by aaron32 »
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2011, 12:32:54 pm »

(Miyako, Bat-Mutant)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a little hard to define "strange" in a city inhabited by heroes and villains- the sort of city where nuclear regulations are frighteningly lax, and wizards and aliens pass through on the weekends... a place where no sane person would live, yet it thrives.

Comparatively, the young lady in jeans and an oversized off-white sweater with cat-like ear-pockets in the top of the hood and sleeves that reached past her hands, yet with zippers up their length, buried nose-first in a book as she strolled down the sidewalk looked perfectly normal, and that's what she counted on.

It hadn't been quite two years since she'd escaped that laboratory in the wilderness... or was broken out, she suspected. She'd been abducted as a child for her "special properties" (though she still wondered what that had meant), and while officially presumed dead, she'd been experimented on for years in that nightmarish place; cells and flashing lights, moans from the deeps and men in white coats and gas masks jabbing and prodding with needles, gradually morphing her into the freak of nature that she was today, with a bat's ears, and leathery wings attached to her arms. She couldn't go back. She wouldn't go back.

Miyako shuddered at the memories, but it was the smell of smoke that snapped her out of her reverie. She'd come out for an early morning raid from the clock tower she'd taken up residence in (it's amazing what people leave in bins!), but she knew this route so well now that even though she still made the regular, high-pitched clicks that let her echolocate (allowing her to navigate while reading- an antisocial demeanor that kept both people and their dogs from bothering her), she'd become completely oblivious to the din of the city.

The din that, she noticed as a surge of paranoia shot down her spine, was now completely absent.

She didn't even have time to react, however, before there was a loud crash behind her, and something hit her in the back, sweeping her off her feet, and knocking the book from her hands and the air from her lungs. Some dashing hero come to whisk her away from danger? She could only hope.

Coughing, she looked up at the figure that had... absconded with her, at the very least. "Er... thanks, mister...?" she said meekly, fishing through her breast pocket for her glasses with her free hand. Whoever it was, they were very large and very fast, though since her bones had grown less dense and more flexible with her mutation, it wouldn't take someone that strong to spirit her away.

"GRUNT"

"Eh...?" Finally donning her glasses, Miyako got her first clear look at her "savior"; a gargantuan, armored gorilla, grinning broadly at her... a little too broadly.

She'd never had cause to make a 'damsel-in-distress' scream before, but it came surprisingly naturally.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:52:01 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2011, 12:37:18 pm »

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_Arm - LOL. WIN.

Karl had not been the same since the IED. Granted, the rotary cannon the military implanted where his lower left arm used to be has served him well - not many infantrymen come complete with thier own heavy weaponary hard wired into thier brain.  A hothead before the implant, the mental impact of being transformed into little more than a walking killing machine is beginning to take a toll on his already fragile mental state. Each day is turning into a struggle for control over the gun. Currently away from front line duties following one too many "overkill incidents" and highly frustrated at being paraded out at recruitment events as an example of the modern warrior...
This is a blank sig.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2011, 12:46:18 pm »

(Hmm, time to continue)
The barrel exploded, with quite a lot of force, knocking Aaron down, about 6 meters. He got up, and started to brush himself off.
"Lets see what that did."
One of the Ape fiends had lost a arm, that was it.
"Arrgh!"
He got into one of the police cars, trying to crash into the apes, planning to jump out at the last moment.
Aaron started to accelerate, coming up to 70 KM/H, he jumped out, hitting a ape, completly decaptitating it, however, the car was wrecked beyond repair.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:50:36 pm by aaron32 »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2011, 01:09:16 pm »

(Gun arm....ooookay, MonkeyHead wins the RNG.)

Arthur came to a stop right as he was starting to get near the events and caught a signal. He hadnt ever managed to catch a glimpse of himself from a camera, let alone what was watching him, among others of course.
A satellite. A damn good one at that. Presumably top of the line military stuff. Having access to a datastream that contains about 500000(give or take a few powers of ten) times more information than your eyes is a very odd experience to say the least. For a moment Arthur saw the entire city down to every single person on the street and their hair color.
And then the signal started weakening. The sattelite data stream provided information besides the image too. It was broadcasting only to a couple of specific locations, one of which appeared to be an airplane that was circling the city.
It was only through luck that Arthur managed to catch it when the plane flew overhead, apparently silently.

And then the signal was gone. The overhead image of the city however, was burned into his mind.

(Who says I need a power up? I just need the right tech!)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:11:19 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 01:17:15 pm »

Inside of Kine's mind, a battle raged. "Come on Kine, you know you want to. . .just go over there, and take off your hoodie. How hard could it be?" Kine: "All right. Just leave me alone, please!" Kine began running towards the noise, in time to see some sort of ape smashing a pedestrian. Kine's hoodie flew off as tentacles waved, their poison glistening on the tips of their needles. "You. Ape. You will free me from this torment, with blood." Kine lined up his weapons, and jabbed forward.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 01:25:11 pm »

Aaron was lying on the floor, right outside some sort of bathroom building, his head was ringing, his hands shaking, he just went through the most thrilling thing in his life.
"Need... Help....."
He suddenly opened his mouth wide open, and started to scream:
"NEED HELP!"
This stunned the apes for a moment.
(Note: I am calling for help, for people to come and help me.)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 01:34:59 pm »

((@Aaron: this isn't an RTD-you generally decide what happens to your character, and plot points will get tossed in for everyone to deal with. Your not so much playing a game as you are writing a story.

@Armok: Lol...just lol. I would re-roll, but maybe bake in the 360 degree vision into whatever you get after. Its seems a supplementary power, thats not too strong to be paired with something else.))
Thanks, ok, rolling... http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Mimicry

Fits well with the 360 vision i guess.

I'm not sure how to interpret the articles exactly, probably due to not reading enoguh superhero stuff, so I'll just assume I'm basically a swarm of photons that can also assimilate/detect normal photons, with human intelligence? On a more meta level, I'm interpreting my character as being able to instantly get almost anywhere mostly instantly and undetectably, as long as there are surfaces to reflect betwen so it doesn't get absorbed, but having almost no means of actually influencing the world.

###

I'm currently resting inside a cloud, the soft backscater making it much easier to keep my constituents together wothoute dispersing all over the place. A few times a second I bounce down as as a laser beam against some random glass surface and then back up get a better look at what's going on.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 01:40:43 pm »

(I sense a similarity between the bats  :P
Armok, I do believe you can freely change forms between light and matter. A man that can become a laser beam.
Also, I claim that italics are henceforth internal thoughts!)

Arthur stares at the sky for a moment attempting to see the plane. No luck though.

He is knocked out of it by a loud scream. 2 actually, but he had been busy during the first one. "These people sure are loud." He tried to remind himself what he saw in the direction of a scream, until he came across an odd sight. A decapitated ape, a crashed car and a weird bat thing.

There were two thoughts going through Arthurs head: "This place sure is weird." and "I need a gun."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 01:43:10 pm »

Amnesiac nothing manipulating scientist:

As the man began to walk towards the town, he realized that there must have been done more side effects, as he actually couldn't remember any of his personal history from before the experiment, including his name. He could remember everything else though, including his research into wormholes. Knowing that it was a ridiculous idea to even try using this new "power", he couldn't hold back his urge to try it out. Concentrating as hard as he could, he used his power to open a tear between his location and the top of a small apartment building in the city, stepped through and surveyed the city.

(I suggest we add a short summary of our character, or at least a name at the beginning or end of our posts, or this is going to get really confusing really fast.)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 01:44:09 pm »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:47:04 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

"Please, you need to help me...."
"Those ape things are going to kill me....."
Aaron trys to run towards the strange man, and gets within 3 meters of him

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:17 pm »

Being able to change between forms sound boring, and I cant think of a way to do it that isn't either way to overpowered or underpowered.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 01:57:47 pm »

(I suggest we add a short summary of our character, or at least a name at the beginning or end of our posts, or this is going to get really confusing really fast.)
(Says the man with no name.  :P

Personally I can remember people according to their name and always call Arthur by his name at the beginning of my posts. Totally up for making a short introdution if you need it though.

Armok, then reroll or go with your initial plan. No-one is foring you to pick anything.)

Arthur listens to police radio for a while and determines three things: That apes are coming in his direction, that they are faster than a human, and that their respose to small arms fire is to bleed a bit and then crush you.

None of those are good news for an unarmed civilian.

Arthur has been standing in one place for quite a while now, the apes have reached his location, and seen him. Arthur begins to run as fast as he can, while desperately scouring through different channels, radios and satellites for something that might help.

He finds it.

(One must always end his RP posts in a cliffhanger.)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 02:01:33 pm »

So, whats the protocol here? Do I wait for the next context setting world update for day 2, or do I jump straight in?
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38