Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22440 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:37 am »

Arthur listened to the Doctors broadcast.
"This is far from over. Jules ran away somewhere for now, I am afraid we really didnt change much. The Doctor and the cultists are planning something which involves purging humanity."

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2011, 10:05:35 am »

Karl wondered where the SpecOps fitted into this - what did they take, and who for? Whoever and whatever could take care of itself later - someone wanted it, which meant it had value to someone, and they would be pissed off if Karl took it back. Angry enemies made mistakes.

Did anyone see where those SpecOps were heading?
This is a blank sig.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2011, 10:06:13 am »

The Doctor was on the radio. He would have to be in one of the broadcasting booths. He looked for the nearest map, he didn't see one immediately and started heading for the stairs.

"Hey! Stop right there demon!" They followed him into the station. I suppose it was to be expected. As Lex headed for the stairs the two door guards slowed down. Seemed like a bad sign.

Lex opened the door to the stairs and made it halfway up the first set of stairs when he heard it. It sounded like an electric motor starting up. Looking up the next set of stairs he had to move quick. He slammed his hands into the wall to make a shield, but it was too late the mounted turret sitting at the top of the stairs had already started firing. The Inquisitor yelled as the bullets flew. A bullet clipped Lex in the side as his wall slid in front of him blocking the barrage.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2011, 10:15:50 am »

Kilian directed Kine through the sewers toward a gate to Aetherplane. The gate only opened with the casting of an extremely complex spell, and required a sacrifice of human life. Once open, the gate allowed free passage for Aetherbeings small enough to fit through the gate, and the gate would close after only an hour. The gate had stood here since the creation of this world, and was simply buried by earth over the years. When Kaleno began digging their sewer system, they ran into the gate, and finding that it was indestructible through human means, simple dug around it. This was only one of many gates on this world, and one of the smallest as well.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:57 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akane's eyes widened as Wei deftly sidestepped, slapping away her sword.

Too fast...!

She gasped as the kick connected, cracking her spine and slamming into the floor hard enough she bounced, knocking the wind clean out of her.

She lay crumpled on the floor for a few seconds, her back to Wei, letting her body regenerate while forcing down the pain, and slowly reaching for her Mauser, switching the fire selector to fully automatic.

As soon as she heard him move, she rolled over, leveling the pistol at him and spraying the entire magazine at him in one burst.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2011, 10:26:21 am »

"Fairly certain they were leaving. You think they might know something?" Arthur asked.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2011, 10:26:35 am »

(Radiotower)
Screaming and something exploding followed. Someone marched down the stairway, and the radio stopped. The Doctor smashed the wall and stared at Lex. Then, he split in two. On one side, a scientist wearing glasses with a round face and blue eyes. The other was the Doctor's normal getup but larger, more threatening.

"Hello Lex. It's time you learned what's going on. You really need to know." The Scientist said, in quiet tones.

"Do not listen to his lies, son. He is a facade for the madness of the green eyed man!" The Doctor yelled.

"I'm fragmenting. Jules and I. Listen, Jules is a good guy, but he has gone completely mad. So have I. I created this universe, alongside him. We formed a proper circle of life, I kept the universe together and he made it beautiful. But we had an argument. From there, things just got worse and worse until Jules made himself corruption and spread the bubonic plague all over Europe. I cleansed it, but at great cost. It corrupted me too, but not all of me. Remember, you need to split us in two, not just kill us. That would be a terrible idea. So long, Lex." the Doctor mended together again.

".. So, Harbringer, you know my dirty little secret. I know I'm corrupted, but I don't care. I am still the chosen master of humanity. I'm still cleaner then you, maggot!" The Doctor roared.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2011, 10:30:43 am »

Kine ran to the place where he last saw the supers grouped. Armor Force, he believed. He burst through the door, slamming it open. "Everybody! I know the truth, and how to defeat these beings! Listen, for I know the truth!"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2011, 10:32:32 am »

"That's nice. Fancy telling it to us?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2011, 10:37:58 am »

"We supers have powers not of this realm! Our powers were bestowed upon us by beings from somewhere called  "Aetherplane". There may be something happening up there that the outcome of which will upturn the entire universe. We supers are the soldiers for the battles waged here on earth. Those two beings, the serpent and the doctor, are not aligned with anyone on the Aetherplane. They are simply here to better the world as they see fit, yet it is not for the betterment of humanity itself. I know of a place that houses a gate back into the Aetherplane. If we can send them back, I have a feeling that the beings there will take case of them, much as we take care of someone who has commited a crime."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:25 am »

Well, she didn't see that coming.

As he moved towards her, he saw her spine slowly realign itself back to normal. A smile crept across his face.

I see now... So THAT'S why she is alive. And that means...

Sure enough, she spun around holding out the pistol, an old semi/full auto-matic by the looks of the clip size. He didn't spare any time looking at the old weapon, he was too busy moving out of her line of fire.

Dashing around the room with inhuman speed, to her eyes it would look like he was dodging bullets, but in reality and to him, he was doing something a lot easier. As soon as the gun ran dry, he skidded to a stop next to her and flipped her over, putting both her arms in a full nelson and lifting her off the floor.

"Want to know a secret?" He said into her ear as he put pressure on her joints.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 25, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

Karl looked at what passed for an intel report via his MilNet linkup. The situation was highly confused with massive uncertanty, but one group appeared to be moving slowly and purposefully towards a loading bay at the waterfont of the compound - presumably taking thier loot to whoever had instructed them to obtain it.

Much as I hate to break up the "Aren't we special?" moment, but what does this have to do with the troops that were here in order to retrieve something? They are getting further away...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:54:57 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43:52 am »

"How do you know all that?"
That explains some things. Arthur thought to himself.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 25, 2011, 10:44:09 am »

Jules sighed and walked in front of the group.

"He doesn't, actually. The Aetherplane does have a strange effect on human minds. You superheroes are just humans bestowed with power, those beings you saw are wrapped around my fingers and if you send us back then the universe will permanently end. I want to end the universe myself, personally, so would you kindly not throw me into a portal you super scum? Thank you. Now, time for murder."

Jules ran towards the group, snarling and ready for blood.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 25, 2011, 10:44:53 am »

Roydon activated the Crusher as Jules charged the group. Roydon was fast, really fast but not fast enough for Jules. He managed to swing the Crusher once, impacting Jule's ribs, Whose response was a snarl from the Elder being and Roydon being hurled back, Landing on his feet but still coughing slightly as he checked the Crushers charge, Still had enough for another Super Level Blow, So he decided to take it, Rushing forward and swinging for the leg of Jules an impact of sparks rings out and a few green jems clatter to the floor but otherwise he's unharmed and responds with a kick to Roydons chest
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:48:13 am by Riccto »
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38