Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22438 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #390 on: September 25, 2011, 12:44:20 am »

Wei paused for a moment, deep in thought. Then it came to him in a flash.

Now that does sound familiar... Wait a minute... I HAVE meet her before!

Wei turned suddenly, facing the undoutedly unusual person facing him.

"Ahhh... I think I remember you now. We met in, what was it again... Hong Kong, wasn't it? At that place with the faces in the walls, quite distinctive I remember. Especially when the walls try to eat you, but still, I remember meeting a Akane there, who looked a lot like you."

Yes, as I remember, I pulled her guts out. She should be dead, and yet here she stands...

Wei showed a small smile at the woman, lowering his glasses for a moment to look her in the eyes directly.

"You've died your hair, I see. Perhaps you might remember my name, Wei Lung, or otherwise known as The Crimson Man. I'm told I'm quite well known these days."

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2011, 01:00:13 am »

Akane nodded and sighed.

"The fearful call you a force of destruction, and the bitter call you a petty thief. I've found neither are entirely false.

We fought. I lost."

Her hand tightened around the hilt of the sword.

"The Beast Master has something I need, and this time you've neither the element of surprise nor hapless victims to draw more blood from.

I won't let you pass."
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2011, 01:34:56 am »

Wei paused for a mental beat then laughed. Long and hard.

"Aha... ha... Well, I haven't had that much of a laugh in a long time! You have my thanks for that."

She's not all that far from the truth either.

Straightening his coat, Wei checks his nails as the rumble from the other side of the door shakes the room again.

"You know, I prefer to call myself an opportunist. I simply take whatever opportunities come my way, and take advantage of them. Oh, and the bitter only call me that because I thought of doing what I did to them first. Jealously had it's way with them, you might say."

Wei turned and walked right up to Akane, until he was only 3 feet away. Taking off his glasses and leaning forward, his face close to Akane's, he looks her in the eyes and whispers to her.

"I'm not here for the Beast Master, amateur that he is, I am here simply for the base goal of profit. I didn't even intend to attack so soon, until I saw an opportunity to do so, which happened just before."

Wei leans just that little bit closer, menace clearly in his voice as he whispers.

"I don't want to fight you, it would be a waste of time, but I am willing to pull your guts out again if you don't get out of my way, and even though you recovered from that, I am certain that it still hurts like a bitch. So consider this your only warning, as I am being very polite right now."

He leans back once more, putting his glasses back on again and his hands behind his back.

"Your choice Akane. Do you really want to tango with the devil?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2011, 02:12:28 am »

"You understand nothing."

In one rapid and fluid motion, Akane whips the nodachi from it's scabbard and makes her first attack, and has re-sheathed it and re-taken her stance before the first full second elapses.

"Pain is transient.

I gave you my word."

I'm buying time, but if I'm going to win, I need to defeat him quickly- there's more blood past that door, and if he scratches me, it's over.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2011, 03:02:40 am »

The fire wasn't capable of diretly hurting Karl in any way, but it sure was massivley uncomfortable in the suit as the life support system struggled to dump waste heat. His visual display struggled to cope, flicking between useless oversaturated visible and painfully bright IR. In such a close quarter target rich environment Karl would normally be highly effecitve, but mowing everything down just wasnt an option, when some of the people in the lobby were working with him. Shooting them might be frowned upon, and he needed them to get deeper into the building. Hand to hand combat was clumsy in the suit, but its sheer mass and strength allowed him to deal incapacitiating and probably fatal damage to 2 cultitst who overenthusiastically chased the retreating special forces soldiers - the burns inflicted simply by touching them with the suits surface heat generated by the flames was probably enough to keep them down for a while.

Then suddenly, the lobbies fire control system flicked on...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 03:55:59 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2011, 03:54:43 am »

Akane's blade whips through the air at lightening speed towards Wei's throat. He saw the flash of defiance in her eyes the moment she struck, so he could tell it was coming. He just didn't want to move. The blade slices through the tissue, blood flying through the air.

Wei still didn't move, he didn't even stumble. He just smiled with barely supressed glee as the blood simply froze in middair and flowed back into his throat, the tissue knitting itself back together after the blood finished going back to where it belonged.

"You know, I can tell by your eyes that you are lying. It did hurt, but you have felt more than enough pain to be able to disreguard it entirely. Very well, if thats the way you want it, then thats how you are going to get it."

I'm going to enjoy this.

Blood flowed into his muscles, turning them crimson and highlighting them through his skin as he took extensive control over his own blood. His trademark buffing up that had terrified thousands before. And for good reason. A lightening fast kick, faster than any human had right to achieve, lashed out at Akame's ribs before flipping backward twice, out of range of Akame's sword, back in his previous posture.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:16:54 am by Zako »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 25, 2011, 05:26:33 am »

Arthur was luckily farther from the place where the cultists came from, and he managed to remain relatively unharmed by the flames. He backed into a corner to let others do the fighting and to concentrate on something else.
Just what were these people doing here? From what he had intercepted, they didnt like questions very much.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 25, 2011, 06:07:03 am »

Tom grabbed the last one and slammed him against the wall, and tore off his mask. A face stared back at him.

"... Holy shit. Steve?" Tom gasped.

"I do not know thy, demon." 'Steve' said.

"Steve, the fuck?"

"I am serving my duty to the Doctor, a force of order."

"... Goddammit Steve." Tom seemed to be close to tears. "We... We played Pathologic together... Remember that? It's me, Tom. Remember?"

Steve reached down and slit his own throat with his scalpel. Tom's mouth dropped, and he dropped Steve. Then he fell to his knees and burst out crying.

"Fuck me, Steve, why? You were really cool... You were really nice..." Tom choked.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 25, 2011, 08:09:27 am »

The 3 Inquisitors looked at Lex angrily.

The two with the flamethrowers looked at each other, and then slowly brought their weapons to the ground. "You better damn well be of the Order. A dark storm is coming, you'd best be ready." With that the man pulled out a scalpel and slit his throat. The second followed suit.

Lex rushed towards them placing one hand over each of their slit throats. The blood on their necks stopped in place for a moment before rushing into their slit throat which started to seal. "You still have lives to live. Go hide, and I will face the storm."

The two Inquisitors smiled at the notion, as they passed out from their previous blood loss. Lex moved towards the center of the park chances are the Doctor would be at the center of it all.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 25, 2011, 08:20:21 am »

James stared at the others, then at Tom, then at the others. Then he sighed.

"While that guy mourns the death of his kindergarten friend, I think we should move on. This city's time is counted if we don't do anything. We're going deep down this building, we kill the 'serpent' and once we're done, we'll get out and start killing gods. We can also stay here and wait until some mad cultist attacks us again. Your choice."

And with that, he walked over the bodies of the inquisitors he had killed, and he started going deeper in the building.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:54 am »

Arthur followed James.
"Its around 3 floors down. And Im fairly sure the city is already pretty broken."
He knew it was broken. There were random news blurbs and police radios constantly going on. A quarter of the city was up in flames, a fifth covered in biomass and the rest filled with people running away from the two areas. Shit was hitting the fan.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 25, 2011, 08:37:35 am »

Tom stood up, wiped the tears away and ran to James.

"Hey, stop. This building is infected with some weird sort of biomass. It's very very very nasty, will infect you with a nastier disease and is in general a very very very nasty thing. I'm checking out the park in detail. Come with me if you don't want to see just how nasty this disease is and actually solve a problem." He gave them the files he found, and wrote in the margins of one with a pen what the cultist had told him. Then he walked in the direction of the exit.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 25, 2011, 08:41:29 am »

Arthur responded to the Dragon:
"Actually solve a problem? The parks already gone, man. Cant tell you how I know, but it is. Either we nip this thing from the bud, or we get crushed by the onslaught."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 25, 2011, 08:48:14 am »

James did'nt even slow down.

"Oooh, a disease eh? I gues that might slow some of you down... But it's been decades since I was last sick, boy. I am immune to all the diseases on earth since the first day of this new life, and every time a new one appears, I evolve against it in a matter of seconds... However, I don't expect you people to be able to follow me. So here's the deal: I go down there and kill the serpent, whatever it is, with everyone who thinks he can survive the disease, while you people go at the park. Three floors down, right, comm guy? How will I know when I face the head of the beast?"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 25, 2011, 08:48:38 am »

Karl followed James. He was not concerned about disease vectors - he was confident his suits NBC capability would protect him. Then he noticed something - the biomass material as slowly growing up his legs, but when it reached his thighs, it stopped, as if prevented by a barrier. Following the "being on fire" incident His suits temp readouts were still in the red at around 95oC, water drops from the sprinkler system hissing as they hit his upper body... keeping them high would act to keep the biomass at bay, even if it would signifigantly increase the risk of a critical failure in a number of his sytems, most worryingly the motor servos. Karl dailled the suits cooling system back - on an enemy night sight he would stand out like a blazing sun, but that was irrelevant at the moment - the risk of a critical shut down was worth it if it kept this sludge from somehow getting through the suit to his flesh.

"For what its worth dragon man, you would be more use here. 3 floors down you say? Want me to send up a lift?"

Karl jumped down the open lift shaft the special forces had ascended, and landed on the roof of the elevator body several floors below, buckilng the lift under his weight.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38