Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22439 times)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2011, 05:14:38 pm »

(Same Place)

The corporal could best be described as "sweating bullets". Quickly, he swapped back to the squad's net.

{"Got confirmed supers in the room and they're asking questions. Need you up here ASAP."}

Alpha squad begins to emerge from the elevator shaft, and the sergeant surveys the situation.

{"What questions?"}

After having the conversation relayed, he nods, clears his throat, and raises his voice to the armored figure.

"I'm afraid that information's classified," he said, quickly flashing a card at them.

"But I assure you we've got the situation under control." he finished, taking a detonator from the soldier next to him.

"I suggest you clear out and await further orders."

{"Echo Bravo, on my mark."}

The soldiers begin slowly moving towards the main entrance, keeping their weapons trained.

"Aww, do we always have to do the talky thing?"
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »

"Classified? You have a fucking demonic God on your hands that appears to be fucking up the main park and got the city quarantined, classified means shit now!" Tom shouted. "Sorry, but this is very serious! I've seen shit that will make you white!" He paused for a second. "Uh, sorry for the ghostbusters reference, I'm a Troper..."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »

James was about as angry as Tom, but he was'nt really a pacifist. He walked slowly towards the corporal and stopped when the officer's gun was only a few inches away from him, looking as intimidating as possible.

"In case you did'nt notice, sir, all hell is breaking loose. Kaleno is under quarantine and a disease is spreading in the city thanks to the most powerful super I've ever seen and his cultists, while another group of madmen is burning every citizen near the outbreak zone. The military left us to die, and you are wasting our goddamn time. So you'll get out of my way and try not to slow us to, or I'll get you out of my way and I'll sacrifice a bit of my time to kill all of you humans. Understood?"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2011, 05:49:57 pm »

"Uh guys how about we all calm down and solve this with the least amount of arguing as possible. I don't the arguing will solve the crisis"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2011, 05:53:22 pm »

"Well, how about getting blocked off from doing anything? That..." Tom stopped for a second and stared directly ahead of him.

Something clicked.

(C
Directly behind the team
Armorforce)

"Purge the unclean."

The Inquisitors showered the team in holy flame.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2011, 05:54:20 pm »

"Well crap"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2011, 06:14:13 pm »

((Purge the unclean? Really? Of all the Warhammer 40K references, purge the unclean?))

James pushed the corporal out of the way, was engulfed in flames and evolved. His skin did'nt change (the melting point of titanium is 1668°C), but something under it changed. Probably to protect the organs from the heat. That evolution costed him a lot of energy - roughly half of it, and that was terrible since it was his first evolution of the day - and in general, wasting that much energy made him furious. He advanced, ignoring the flames, grabbed the nearest inquisitor, crushed his skull with one punch and walked towards another one.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:18:06 pm by Shootandrun »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2011, 06:17:20 pm »

Zeox flew over the flames with his rocket boots and slammed himself into the inquisitors.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2011, 06:19:28 pm »

(That was actually unintentional...)

Tom dodged out of the way and flew at the main group. He grabbed the main guy and threw him across the room using his teeth, and slashed another in the face, tearing off the mask.

"Alright! SO WHO WANTS TO TIIIIP?!" He roared. The sound of his ancestry crying could be hear faintly.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:21:01 pm by Fniff »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2011, 06:35:58 pm »

Lex was running towards the park. There were Inquisitors all over the park clad in gas masks and black robes swinging about their flamethrowers while sets of scalpels dangled in leather cases around their waists. They were misguided by the words of a madman, they didn't need to die today, he would have to take them out. Running up to them they immediately turned their flamethrowers to Lex.

"What the hell is that!?" the cultist pulled the trigger of the flamethrower. "A demon! Purge him!"

Lex slammed his hands into the ground and moved his hands in an arc forming an arc shaped shield from the ground. The heat leaked from around the raised dirt. The cultists started walking towards the mound in a wide circle. Lex listened for the side with only one and shot a squared column of ground at him using the shield. Not waiting to hear the hit he ran from the now dissipating shield towards his first target. The cultist doubled over as the column crashed into his stomach. Lex grabbed his flamethrower and transmuted the weapon into a sphere and turned towards the other Inquisitors.

"This is just a fraction of the power of Order. Lay down your arms and move to safety. I'm here to save the Doctor from chaos."

One of the Inquisitors started laughing at what Lex said and took a step towards him. The Inquisitor that had fallen over swung his blade at Lex's legs, not even bothering to get up. If it weren't for the unusual leg shape the scalpel would have sliced him, but instead it only left a hole in his sage robe. It was clear that they couldn't be reasoned with like this. He grabbed the arm of the fallen man holding the scalpel and did something drastic. His hands glowed as he tore the hand off the Inquisitor and crushed it into a ball scalpel and all. The man screamed in agony as he looked at the spot where his wrist once was, it was a sealed wound but he would never get it back.

"Now. Lay down your arms or you won't have any. Your choice."

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2011, 06:52:11 pm »

Quarantined? Fucking up the main park? It was worse- and faster- than expected, then.

Well, no helping it, then.

"Oooh, a dragon! I've never had dragon before~"

The sergeant drew himself up against the metal man, staring him square in the eyes and jabbing a finger at his chest.

"You fucking deaf, boy? We are leaving, and we are fully fucking cognizant of the situation. We can't be everywhere at once, and are taking direct fucking action to resolve it- if you must know- of which this is an integral part; so I suggest you get out of my goddamn face, you ignorant punk!

"You wanna fight, dragon boy? Huh? Hu-- OW!"
"Shut the fuck up."
"Owww, I'm gonna tell the boss you hit m-- OW!"

He made a half-turn, gesturing at the barricaded stairway. "If you want to go down that shithole and fucking die, be my goddamn gues--"

There was a line of robed figures wearing plague-beak masks there, where there shouldn't be.

"Purge the unclean."

"OH GOD THE BURNING"

Goddammitshit.

"CONTACTS REAR!"
, he shouted, whipping up his assault rifle and squeezing off a couple rounds at the cultists before being brushed aside by the metal man, who was promptly engulfed in flames.

"Alpha team, get the fuck out of here and don't stop for shit, we'll hold them off!"

"Sir! Alpha, fall back!"

While half of the remaining soldiers make a break for the exit, the ones still under cover- and the turrets- open up on the line of cultists.

"Heeheehee, I finally get to play~"

Spreading out her arms, Tsume summons up a dozen of her shadow clones, and sends them charging at a cultist on the flank of the group.

Though his 'holy' fire burns three of them away easily, the rest pile onto him, clawing and biting like zombies until he stops resisting, before moving on to the next.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 06:58:52 pm by HailFire »
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2011, 08:12:20 pm »

Kine awoke, feeling refreshed. Kine, we need to talk. Kine listened, And what kilian revealed surprised Kine. Kilian was locked in Kine's body. Long ago, Kilian had terrorized a village for many, many decades. Finally, with the loss of many people there, they decided to cast a spell to seal Kilian away for good. For centuries, Kilian had been contained in Kine's family. The spell stated that Kilian would be passed down to the eldest child upon the holders death, and the Kine family had long ago volunteered to bear this terrible burden. James Kine was merely Kilian's latest container. And then Kilian Spoke to Kine about what was currently happening to the city. The gods that were attacking were from the same dimension as he, known as "Aetherplane". The beings there sometimes escape, and either decide that this world needs to be bettered. Sometimes they decide to bestow upon humans great powers. Sometimes because they have a limited time here, or to give humans a way to better the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2011, 08:32:33 pm »

"Purge the unclean."
Fire blossomed out and burned PTM from behind, and he screamed as he managed to grab a pebble and engulf himelf ith it, pretty burned nut not lethally thank to his quick actions. IT still hurt like h*** though. Overwhelmed with agony, PTM started wildly swinging a boulder, barely missing Tom and thwumping an Inquisitor off of the building. "AAAARGH! FLAME! OH. GOD!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2011, 10:24:36 pm »

"Hmmm... Interesting choice of weaponry."

Strange, I think I may have met this person before...

A dull rumble is heard from the other side of the blast door, shaking the very room itself. Wei is seeminly uninterested in this and strokes his chin in thought as he walks from side to side in a slow pace.

"You seem to remind me of someone. Have we met before? What's your name?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 25, 2011, 12:04:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The woman remains tense, tracking his movement to and fro.

I won't let my guard down that easily.

"Many people have known me by many names over the years, but my name by birth is Takeyama Akane*. I have learned not to become attached to faces, so I would not discount our having met before."

*Japanese order: surname, then given name
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38