Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22435 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #345 on: September 23, 2011, 06:29:17 pm »

"Thanks." PTM grabbed the water bottle and drank. "Ugh, the last two days ave not really been good on me..."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 23, 2011, 06:51:12 pm »

Zeox had been quietly standing behind everyone.

"So is this snake venemous?" he spoke up
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:50:45 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 23, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »

PTM let go of the boulder and decidedly collaped to the ground exhaustedly. "Ugghh. I think I over-exerted myself..."

Kathryn concentrated, shifted bone and flesh...and returned to her Human state. She needed a few minute to reorient her form, as well.

"Are you all right?" she asked the miner nervously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 23, 2011, 07:50:30 pm »

He turns to Zeox and motions towards the wildly mutated corpses with the Crusher "Poisonous Definiately." He also touches his arms, the wounds had already stopped bleeding but they looked discolored, was it part of the Feathers or Roydons strange physique? Roydon taps his earpiece as he begins to walk into the entrance of the facility "All Remaining SED Operators I want you forming a cordon around the entrance, Nobody gets in or out. Got it?"
Raggle Fraggle

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 23, 2011, 08:18:03 pm »

(ArmorForce Corporation, Kaleno City Branch, Research and Development Center- Main Lobby)

Twelve men in black paramilitary armor and three sentry guns* wait anxiously in ambush around the perimeter of the room. The rapid fire capabilities of the turrets had kept the fleshy mat at bay long enough for them to block off the stairway with a makeshift barricade, but nobody knew if it had just grown over the other side or would try spilling through into the lobby.

"The fighting's stopped. Maybe they managed to repel the cultists?"

"Poor stupid bastards never stood a chance."

Crouched behind the low wall of the upper floor's balcony, the squad's corporal taps at his watch impatiently.

"Cut the chatter. Those "stupid bastards" were our diversion, and that means we're next."

{"Sarge, we're anticipating contacts, and by your orders you've got three minutes. Stairs are FUBAR**, but we didn't see anything come up the lifts, so we'll send down ropes."}

{"Copy that, Bravo Team."}

*Collapsable Anti-Personell Autonomous Sentry Turrets, colloquially known as "cap guns"

**Fucked Up Beyond All Repair

(ArmorForce Corporation, Kaleno City Branch, Research and Development Center- Sub-Basement 6)

"Time's up, pack it in! Jenkins, we got what we came for?"

"75 percent, sir; this stuff's hard to dig through, and the AI core's probably in another lab for ArmorForce's other experiments. Everything else we're missing is low-priority, easily replacable stuff, so we should have everything essential."

"Glad to hear it. Double-time to the elevators, men; things are about to get hot, and the best mission's one where I don't have to shoot anyone."

"*sigh* You're no fun at all..."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:44:15 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 23, 2011, 08:53:19 pm »

(Day 2, Dockyard, 1:43)

Running away seemed like the best option for now. Without an optimal body for his powers he would be nigh useless against the Doctor, he would have to change. The Doctor and his new friend were fighting overhead. With each impact the ground shook, not by much, but it was noticeable. Whoever the other was he was immensely strong, maybe even stronger than the Doctor himself. The sky clouded over within moments of the fight breaking out. The clouds were an ominous black, red, and white. There was no way this was a good sign, he had to run. They took no notice of 187 as he ran out to the beach. It wasn't likely that the Doctor would find him there, and there was plenty of loose minerals to absorb.

He started with his hands as he walked. The mass from his dense core shifted towards his hands. As he pulled at his fingers he focused on the individual bones of his inhuman hand as he found each bone. Each bone took a few minutes to stretch, but it was a painful process. Pulling on the wrong bone meant nearly an hour of pain before the surrounding bones were set to ease the pain. Even with the sand to neutralize his acid blood he felt like the world has falling apart the entire time. By the time the sun had set his fingers and his palms were now much longer, about the length of two average hands, allowing him to shift more material with one motion. He had never seen a sunset where he was from, nor had he seen a city before yesterday. His memories of the last several months haunted him. He had killed so many innocent lives in so many violent ways, but the Doctor refused to see the disorder he had caused.

(Day 2, Riverside, 4:40)

He tried moving around now that his body was given a break but he found that it wasn't quite what he wanted. He found that he wasn't as dexterous as he was before, he had to be careful to phase through materials, but it left a larger telltale sign, a crack and even more warping throughout. He could shape more matter at once, but his hands weighed heavily on him forcing his hands downward towards the ground. He needed some kind of counterweight to stand again. A tail! He would have to work on it later though. He had to keep an eye on the Doctor before he did anything too hasty.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:44:15 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 24, 2011, 02:26:18 am »

Wei smiled happily as he heard the heavy breathing of one of the apes from before.

Looks like I'm in the right place...

Lifting himself up to above the door of the elevator and flipping around so he was upside down, he did something utterly unthinkable in the current situation.

He knocked.

Little pigs... Little pigs... Let me come in...

Grinning madly as he slid his glasses back on, he waited for a moment. Sure enough, a whole cascade of gunfire sounded and impacted against the door. From the sound and length of each burst of gunfire, he could tell that it was at least 4 guys with shotguns. When he saw the napalm leaking under the door while he heard two long hisses, he added two flamethrowers to the mix.

Not too many then. Excellent. Ready or not, here I come...

From the other side of the door, the guards gasped for breath after firing for half a minute straight after being scared out of their minds. Things only got worse when they saw from the light of a few remaining flames that something was coming under the door, spreading all over the floor. A dark crimson liquid.

One of the guards with a shotgun started backing away in fear. Sweat running down his face.

"Uhhh... huhhh... Ohh nooo..."

He moved faster when he saw the liquid run straight up the door and sink into the gap between them, the door opening to pitch black darkness with the sound of gears and machinery being forced against their will, metal tearing and bending to unrelenting power. He started running. He didn't even make it halfway down the corridor before the sea of blood rushed out of the shaft, slamming the men and even the ape against the walls and floor. As he recovered from his bone shaking slam against the floor, he managed to turn over in time to see a man calmly step into the corridor.

Well then, that was pretty easy. Onwards then.

Wei strode confidently down the corridor, a blood tendril taking the sidearm of one of the guards and handing it to him. As he checked the clip and chambered a round, the blood behind him promptly rushed ahead and skewered all the guards, decapitating the ape, sparing only the guard who had run down the corridor. As he walked down the corridor, recalling all the blood back to him, he paused for a moment before the guard on the floor that was currently wetting himself as he recognised the man standing infront of him. Kneeling down to put him face to face with the poor man, he cupped the side of his face with a hand patting him gently.

"Where do you keep all the equipment and machines?"

"I-i-i d-don't know, please... ple-"

Wei cut him off with a bullet to the head and stood again, wiping off the brains that got on his clothing. He turned paused for a moment again and turned around to look directly into the camera that was on the wall and was looking directly at him. Taking off his glasses and smiling, he waved with a hand for a second or two and then put another bullet into the camera. Turning back and replacing his glasses, he began running down the corridor, looking for anything of worth.

Now that he knows I'm here, things may get real interesting quickly...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 24, 2011, 04:43:56 am »

(The White House
Day Two
Start of Infection
Fifteen minutes earlier from present day
The Doctor)

The Doctor walked in with his cloak trailing behind him. The president was signing some documents on his desk, and he didn't even notice the Doctor. The Doctor tapped on the president's shoulder. He tried to turn around on his chair, but the Doctor did it for him. He held the President tight by his shoulders. Before he could call for help, the Doctor explained himself.

"You may call me Inquisitor. In fifteen minutes, the city of Kaleno will be infected with a disease that will end the world unless stopped. None of the police force will be able to handle it. The national guard will fail in their attempts to stop it, and end up infected. Even those with cyborg implants would not be able to stop it because by the time they are needed it is far too late. Only me and my Inquisition can stop it. Quarantine the city immediately." The Doctor explained.

"How did you get in?" The President asked.

"No time for that. We need 10,000 flamethrowers, 10,000 scalpels and the order to purify the city. We will purify the people, the city, the very earth beneath it. We also request several hundred recruits from the army. We also need custody of anyone with blond hair, green eyes and a tall stature." The Doctor was frowning behind his mask, if there even was a behind to his mask.

"What the fuck are you?" The President tried to get out of the Doctor's grips. The Doctor let one hand off and took off his mask. The President stared, and frowned. He put the intercom on.

"Gentlemen, quarantine Kaleno. Kill anyone trying to leave. The Inquisitor and his Inquisitors are now going to purify the city. Good day."

(Central Park
Jules
Day 2
15 minutes later
All Hell Breaks Loose)

Jules smiled as he walked through the park. Some say he just wanted extermination of all life and has no actual soul behind him. The problem with this was the fact that he loved life. He hated Armorforce for killing all those wonderful creatures with his beautiful viruses. He loved this park, even if it was artificial, and loved it's life, and also a lot of people hung about and it would be wonderful to kill all life in the vicinity. Hey, pathogens are life too!

Man, he felt like hugging someone. Very tightly. A lot of people needed hugs around the park. He walked up to a child and smiled as he embraced her...

And that's how the Kaleno epidemic started.

(Armorforce
Tom
Day 2)

Tom sniffed. "Does anyone smell smoke?"

And that's when he started hearing screaming.

"Please tell me someone is hearing that?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 24, 2011, 08:34:43 am »

PTM got up. "Augh, I'm alright. it's just that in the last few days I've been picked up and thrown several yards away against the ground, and shot."
PTM heard the scream too. "Yeah, I guess I'll go and investigate..." PTM sighed and ompacted the boulder, putting the pebble into his backpack. "Argh, only 5 pebbles left... I'm losing these things quickly."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 24, 2011, 08:43:13 am »

(Tom)
"Righto. Let's go find out what's going on." Tom flapped his wings out. "Uh, should I fly? I was kinda on the news about two weeks ago, I think they might recognize me. That would be bad, since I still have my facial features in this form. Sucks, really."

Tom tapped on his arm with his claws, making a tatatat sound. His eyes then noticed something. He picked up a bashed Ipod, still working despite the hell it must have gone through. Tom checked it. Seemed fairly basic... wait. Was he seeing that?

"Wait, this Ipod has the Stranglers on it." He checked closer. "And it has both No More Heroes and Rattus. Yay!" This was a good day.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 24, 2011, 09:32:23 am »

(Repurposed Dockside Warehouse, Sub-Basement, Laboratory Antechamber- roughly four hours prior to current events)

Despite having just mowed down the last remaining guards, the facility's alarms actually died down as Wei Lung sprinted down the corridor, and the door ahead slid open obligingly.

Inside was a small, round, and comparably cozy-looking room, with floor-to-ceiling bookshelves lining the wall, two plush armchairs sitting on one side, and a secretarial desk at the other.

As he walks into the room, the lone figure sitting in front of the opposite doors claps shut a book and sets it off to the side.

"I've been waiting for you."

As it stands, the figure-; a woman who can't be far past her teen years, wearing combat boots, drab grey cargo pants with a pistol tucked at the waist, and an ill-fitting white dress shirt, with unsettlingly deep red eyes, and a wave of brown hair that reaches to an inch above the floor- snaps her fingers, and blast doors clamp down on both sides of the room, cutting in half the wave of blood that had been following Wei.

She looks him up and down as she takes up the nodachi leaning against the bookcase next to her, frowning disapprovingly at the viscous red pool flowing up around him.

"Figures you wouldn't be one of those super-heroes, from the havoc you caused."

She sighs, flicking away her cigarette.

"Another assassin, then. I'm growing really tired of this game."

Shifting into a martial stance, she readies her hand above the hilt of the sword, staring him in the eye.

"If you'll turn back now, I'll let you live."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 09:42:03 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 24, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

"Can we just go and find this thing now?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 24, 2011, 01:14:23 pm »

"Yeah, we better do that. I'll check it out, since I appear to be the only guy with wings." Tom flew up and away, and came back around two minutes later.

"Central park is on fire!" He said, shocked.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 24, 2011, 01:23:06 pm »

Arthur stood still for a moment.
"What do you mean its on fire?"
Just what the hell is going on. What is wrong with this city?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:22 pm »

"I mean that weird guys in cloaks and those creepy doctor masks from the middle ages are setting both people and the park on fire! And there is a hell of a lot of biomass around!" Tom shouted. He was quite scared. This was not something you see every day, even in a city he lived in. Tom could pretend he was a dragon true and true, but in his heart he was still that troper/clerk. He expected mad science and superheroes, but not a love-note to HP and Prototype in one neat package.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38