Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22433 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:29 am »

The elevator arrived, and in it was the Green Eyed Man. He was smiling in a sharkish sort of way, looking 187 directly in the eyes. He clicked his tongue. His trenchcoat was still, and his eyes pierced the subject's mind like a knife through butter. There was something terribly wrong with this man. Just something about the way he looked at you, like you weren't anything but a number. You weren't anything to him. He could kill you and he just wouldn't understand why anyone would miss you.

"Going down?" He asked, pointing to the elevator. "I'm going down too."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:23:10 am by Fniff »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2011, 09:35:37 am »

Oh joy. Someone that works here... How did I miss him?

"I'm going down, but I'm not so sure about you."

With that he shot a spike from the ground towards the mystery man. He dodged it easily as if he expected it, dancing around the spike, mocking you as he rolled around it. "Nice try, but you'll have to try harder." Touching the spike he started spreading a mysterious pulsating pink and red mass. With a snap the spike broke dripping the creeping madness onto the floor.

((I was hoping for Wei to show up. Hopefully he can help.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 23, 2011, 09:44:50 am »

"Well, that was easy." the Green Eyed Man got out a notebook and ticked something off. "Now it seems that Supers are useless. Time to..." He looked directly through 187. "Oh fuck, not you." The Green Eyed Man said this in a very bored fashion, as if he just found his cat just ripped up this curtains.

If 187 looked behind him, he would have seen a tall man in a winding black cloak, wearing a plague doctor's mask. Silent. Imposing.

"Well damn, the situation just got a lot harder. Humanity is gone either way, though." The Green Eyed Man sighed.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:31 am »

187 leaped back, using the stone underneath him to launch himself onto the roof. The imposing masked figure looked familiar, so familiar that it sent shivers down his spine. It was his maker, but he simply didn't have the means to stop either of them, especially if they both tried to fight him.

"Why did you make me?..."

"Are you really that stupid? Pity."

It was then that he made a realization. "Am I a weapon!? You bastard! You gave me life so that you could have a tool. You cold bastard!"

Subject 187 starting glowing immensely, and everything around him shook. Taking the top off the office where he stood he blasted it forward towards the doctor and Jules. Within a second the area where the elevator was being filled with massive wall-based spikes. 187 started bleeding from the eyes and his finger tips. His blood was burning his skin. He let out a scream as he fell backwards into the now one-walled office. He had to regenerate or he would dissolve in a pool of acidic blood.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:07 am »

The Doctor walked into the office and adjusted his Plague Doctor mask.

"I created you because humanity was chaotic. It needed to be contained. Enslaved, if you will. Like a cancer it spread across my universe like a vile corruption, and I will not let that happen again. You are the tool to make sure this happens. For this, I will let you spend an eternity in order." The Doctor moved forward. With each step it seemed to drain away the spirit, the life, of a room. "You need a word. You have been waiting for it, child. That word is your name. The humans called you 187. I call you A. Remember the universe of order?"

The Green Eyed Man snarled and slammed the Doctor into the wall. "You bastard, I thought I was done with you. Humanity was my fucking thing, I have been here longer then you. Why are you here?"

"To stop the disease. To cure the land in more ways then one. Humanity shall be saved my way." The Doctor walked over and touched 187 with black gloves. "Son. Do you remember those memories I put inside you? Those memories of your earlier life?"

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2011, 10:46:15 am »

Arthur had been able to "see" things just as he could pick up signals. It pretty much only manifested itself during lightning storms and the like. He simply couldnt see anything lesser. This however was something else.

He knew the Armorforge was under attack by cultists. He also knew where it was located. He also knew that that was the location that he could see. A bright light in a sea of darkness. He decided to go see what it was.

After arriving, he wasnt quite sure he was seeing right. Maybe it was some form of insanity, maybe his powers were going haywire. With his eyes he could see only the building. Slightly damaged by the fighting and the fighting taking place.

With his powers, what he saw was quite different. As if a serpent had caught the building in its grasp. It twisted and turned around the building, constantly changing its shape, Arthur couldnt see its end or its tail , but only its head inside the building, its tongue seemed to be a human.

There was something else too. He could not see it by itself, but by the fact that something seemed to burrow through the serpent. An emptyness incomparable to anything else.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:49:58 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:26 am »

187 had to act quickly. His blood was burning through him, so he desperately grasped at the ground trying to get as many minerals into his system as he could. He floor of the office started to crack and sag. Within moments he office started falling into itself. There wasn't enough of the floor left to hold it together as it fell it turned into dust. He crashed onto the desk below with a loud crack. He had stopped the bleeding, but his leg was broken, and he still had burns. Resetting the leg he held the broken joint and sealed the bone. Good as new. The broken leg was no problem for him, but the burns would take more time and he still had unfinished business with his maker.

((I'll let some of the others catch up. Alex just started over and I'm sure that Wei should be at the elevator soon as well.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 23, 2011, 12:48:09 pm »

((Already gone. Quick and the dead buddy!))

Wei had been watching 187 closely, seeing how he moved himself, how he acted and attacked. Smiling at how he made a distraction. Admiring the silent kill on one of the guards. He had left the guards and turrets on the second level alone, he didn't want to make things too easy for him. As he watched, he suddenly felt a sinking feeling in his gut, a strange sickness inside both his head and his stomach. Suddenly, the roof and 3 walls of the upper office dissapeared from underneath him after he heard a roar of anger.

Looks like 187's doing... Something must have pissed him off. Probably nothing good.

He had barely enough time to cling to the outside of the remaining wall near the elevator, using blood to hold himself there. What he saw confirmed his fears.

Great. Two new guys, and they both don't have blood, which is a bad sign. Seem pretty powerful too. Still, just got to focus on the task at hand.

Taking advantage of the gap of distraction when both the new guys suddenly attacked each other, and 187 melted the floor underneath himself, he quickly drew all the blood from all the dead guards in range to himself, slicing open the other 4 living guards as well. Vaulting over the wall, he used the tide of blood to slice through the spikes covering the elevator shaft and ripped the floor of the thing open.

Don't mind me gentlemen. Just passing through. Your on your own kid.

Hopping into the newly created hole without a second thought, he fell quickly through the elevator shaft down into the lowest sub basement, landing silently by breaking his fall with the blood. Pressing an ear against the sealed doors, he listens carefully for any sounds in the next corridor.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 23, 2011, 02:19:13 pm »

Karl reached the stopped lift on the floors below the ones he had trashed in the upper tower. In the lift was a badly wounded ArmorForge guard. He was having difficulty breathing, and spluttered one last message before his death: "They... they are.... are heading for the alCOUGHSPLUTTER...".

Karl turned to the window that formed the wall of the elevator lobby - the lower and squatter section building it overlooked seemed to be the focus of the ongoing firefights. Trashing the remaining floors of this block would probably be of little consequence if the really good stuff was in the lower sections of the main body of the building. Suddenly the infrasound boom of a large explosion pulsed through the fabric of the high towerblock he was in, and bursts of fresh gunfire resumed down below. Militia members poured towards the main body of the building.  A few supers appeared to be holding them off at the main entrance, and Karl could make out a few heading into the building. As he watched the development of the fight Karl decided that the building itself just didnt look right. It somehow looked like it was straining to be a different shape, and in places looked "flexed". Whatever was going on in there was doing a better job of compromizing the research of ArmorForge than Karl could do. The growing mass of sludge that appeared to be feeding on whatever it touched, growing out of windows and the odd air vent seemed like something he should really keep his suit out of.

On the roof a number of Supers appeared to be keeping some twisted form busy in combat - they did appear to be getting the better of it, but the inactivity of looking over the fight was killing Karl. Curiousity began to get the better of self preservation, and Karl decided that being over there to offer "assistance" in bringing the rooftop skirmish before heading into the lower levels presented an opportunity to find out what ArmorForge had been up to that his controllers would no doubt appreciate.

The leap to the lower roof wasnt that far away or that far down after all... without even really thinking about it, Karl took a short run up, and charged at the window. Leaping as he hit it, Karl sailed over the 40 meter wide gap, falling the 20 meters or so down to the scene of the skirmish, rolling as he landed, not quite as elegantly as he had hoped. Karl stood to see a young super appearing to impale the demonic figure, struggling on the end of 6 tentacles.

"Perfect timing" thought Karl, as he fired several hundred anti personnel flechettes at the clearly distressed Demon for a range that would tear apart any orgainc creature...
This is a blank sig.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2011, 02:24:33 pm »

(ArmorForce Corporation, Kaleno City Branch, Research and Development Center- Sub-Basement 6)

After an unpleasant couple of minutes of sprinting down fleshy, gibbering corridors and around formations of ominous green crystals, the squad finally arrived at the blast doors guarding the deepest, most isolated, and most heavily protected laboratory in the complex, where the company conducted the experiments they didn't want anyone else to know about- the MESSIAH Project.

But again, there was no security presence in sight, and the doors were open.

"Split up, groups of three, stay in contact. We've still got a job to do- retrieve any components you can find. If the alien flesh crap gets in your way, entrenching tools; explosives only if absolutely necessary. It's probably done in their servers already, but torch them just to be safe.

Jenkins, you've got the list. Get moving, you've got five minutes to tear this place apart before we pull out."

We're lucky if anything's left here, of course...

{"Portal in here, Sarge."}

{"Stay the hell clear of it, we don't want any trouble from the other side."}

(Repurposed Riverside Warehouse, Sub-Basement- roughly four hours earlier)

Hearing nothing through the radio but screams, crashing, and gurgling was a fairly good indication that things on the surface weren't going terribly well. Then, the earth shook, and shortly after the sound of rending metal echoed down the elevator shaft.

Whatever was coming, it had to be strong, and tough- or dumb- enough to try taking the quick way down. And now all that stood between the two was a half dozen guards with shotguns, a couple flamethrowers, and one of the Beast Master's pet apes.

How annoying.

I might not get to finish this chapter.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 23, 2011, 02:56:38 pm »

(Armorforge
The Doctor's Cult
Hailfire)

C , wearing his plague mask, cloak and hat, walked down the corridor with his crewmates, torching every trace of the virus. They were servants of their leader, the Doctor. The pathogen was an evil thing and needed to be purged as soon as possible, as it was told by the Doctor. Order would prevail. Single file, his teammates marched down the corridor, holy flame destroying anything behind them. The stink of His doing would be purged, and The Doctor would be allowed to take rule over the universe as it's intended ruler and bring order to the chaos. They used to be the scientists who summoned that monsterous mad God, but they had redeemed themselves with the masks and the flame.

As they walked, the facility did not become alight. It grew starker, colder, numb. Order was brought and the entire area was sterilized to the microscopic microbes and the movement of the atoms. Nothing would change. Order was brought to the madness.

A squad of soldiers ahead of them pierced the followers' hollow minds with their primal emotions, monstrous thoughts and their bloodlust. The Followers of the Doctor flicked on their flamethrowers.

Order would be brought, by sword and fire.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:57:00 pm by Fniff »

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 23, 2011, 03:27:29 pm »

((Sorry, I missed this earlier and should have written something for it.))

187 started remembering things that could not have possibly happened to him. It was like there was a blinding light that stopped him from seeing those things, but when the Doctor's gloves touched his shoulder what he had always known became clear. He wasn't created, he was brought into the world for he always was. Subject 187 was a mere shell to contain something greater. The 187th try to attach a soul of pure order. He could remember each attempt vividly. Sometimes he would physically live for a few seconds, other times a few days, but never longer and always with pain. He remembered the pain, the intense writhing pain that followed his entry into a bad body, the strong stench of the decay and the lab, the feeling of being trapped when the body refused him. The experiments were a bastardization of the order that the Doctor and him stood for; the realization of this was frightening considering the Doctor's powers.

It would now have to be his job to release the Doctor from his body, but for now his body was still imperfect and he was still limited. The Doctor had awakened the instrument of his own undoing. He would have to hunt down the Doctor at a later time.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 23, 2011, 03:35:21 pm »

Alex runs down the hall to the fire exit sign at one end of the hallway.  As he approaches, he hears a low rumbling, and the building shakes.  He bursts through the door as the building explodes outwards from some massive force. The facility was pretty much in chaos now, and none of the guards tried to stop him as he ran to the edge of the facility.  He extends his nails into short, hooked claws, and reaching the fence, he slashes through it, with some effort.  He gets through, although he cuts his arm on the wires.  Another blast shakes the ground, but there is no sign of an explosion, just massive amounts of force being released.  He turned around, and saw a plume of debris and dirt falling around the wrecked building after being thrown by the blast.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 23, 2011, 03:36:19 pm »

(Armor Forge, priest battle.) Kine's poison began melting off the priest's exoskeleton, exposing a soft, spongy inside. Satisfied, kine removed his stingers, just as a hail of bullets ripped through the priest. Kine saw where they had come from. "Hello buster, are you here to terrorize some supers, like the rest of your kin?"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 23, 2011, 03:45:11 pm »

I have about as much in common with them as you do...

Karl moved purposefully over to what was left of the priest, and brought his foot down on its head. Following this slightly over the top display he addressed the assembled supers.

My intent is to head deeper into this facility. You may assist or pursue your own ends. Please do not interfere/ My goal does not directly invovle you. Who is with me?
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38