Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22431 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #285 on: September 22, 2011, 07:27:47 pm »

Tom enjoyed this. He had an actual friend. He felt a bit lonely but now it was nice having someone to actually talk to. He didn't mind the fact that all hell was breaking loose up on the surface. He. Was finding things out. Checking the stairwells and elevators, there wasn't anything special. However, Tom did find a door with a more updated gene lock. He couldn't hack this one.

"Hey, I need help with this door." Tom remembered his small time spent playing Killing Floor, and smiled. "I'm welding this doah!" He said in a mock British accent, causing him to laugh out loud. "Aaaah. Killing Floor was a good game."

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 22, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »

Alex climbed in the window.  It was awkward, because of the angle of the window, but he got in and closed the window.  He was in some sort of office, with a computer on a desk.  The computer had a spreadsheet open, and he looked at it.  It seemed to be a mundane financial thing, which in his mind didn't fit with the trucks, turrets, armed guards, and unknown lurkers killing people.  He heard a smashing noise, and realised that someone had smashed down the door he had jammed.  He had not expected that, but maybe it had to do with the whole base being attacked thing.  It was right about then he realised how much he should get out of there.  He went quickly to the door, and went through it, closing it behind him and looking down the corridor.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:22 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator):

As he removed the locks on the door from existence, he spoke up.
"Forgive me if I don't recall what you're talking about, but I was afflicted with partial amnesia by event that gave me this ability."

Rick didn't mention that he had spent the entire previous night on the internet to fill in the holes in his knowledge. The dragon man seemed friendly enough, but he still didn't know what he was doing in the secret basement of a large corporation during a battle. The more he was underestimated by anyone, the better.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54:25 pm »

"Damn. Guess my references will go straight over your head." Tom hummed the Beach Boys 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and opened the door. He then closed it, barricaded it and vomited. The Jewel Man was standing above the corpses of scientists and office workers, all with green crystilized eyes. Something discharged and the Jeweled Man was right at the end of the corridor.

"You didn't like the corpses? Don't worry, they died as painfully as possible. Four days, my friend, four days." The Jeweled Man teleported (It was seamless, like he had been there all the while) in front of Rick, and smiled.

"Hello." The Jeweled Man then disappeared.

"I hate that fucking prick... Oh God..." He couldn't unsee the corpses strewn around His feet, and Him just standing calmly over them.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 22, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »

The blade merely grazed PTM but sent him flying backwards nonetheless. "Oomph!" PTM got up angrily and got another pebble; his previous one had shattered. "Oh you can have blades huh? Welp, me too." He shaped the rock into a sort of sixteen-spiked disc the size of his torso, and started shearing at the forcefield with it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 22, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »

Kathryn saw the rock using man trying to shear the forcefield...well, he could use some help right?

There was shimmer...a rush of rapidly changing bone and sinew...and Kathryn in all ways resembled a bipedal hammerhead shark. She had made sure to reinforce her head... She charged forward and start slamming her head into the forcefield in time with his blows.

She couldn't exactly speak in this form, but she pointed to the crescent on her forehead while looking at him. Maybe he recognized her from yesterday, if he was one of ones who had freed her.

*KA-WHAM*

*KA-WHAM*

Under the combined assualt, the shield began to spark and crack...but a smirk and a mere wave of hand from it's controller reinforced it. It wasn't even being dented!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:04 pm »

Roydon dusted himself off. Another Super had joined the Fray on his side atleast, that works for him. The more hits we get on this guy, the faster this shield comes down, the better, But Roydon couldnt make another attack for a few moments, the Crusher was still recharging from the last blow he made. But a blow is a blow. This time he shut the Crusher off and charged the Priest again, Bringing up his shield to defend against some of the flying blades one shears straight through the shield, Roydon was only able to keep his head due to his enchanced reflexes and a quick head-duck. The shield now useless he hurled it with all of his enchanced might at the field only to distract the priest for a moment, The Crusher blinked on the high setting, That would due for now. He leaped foward once he got in range of the field, the Crusher crackling with energy he thrusts the weapon forward into the field, Gritting his teeth and using all of his arm back and leg strength he managed to get the head through the shield partially through the gap creating a small 3 inch hole in the forcefield that was slowly knitting itself together
"THERE." He yells "We're almost through Boys!"
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 22, 2011, 08:26:58 pm »

"This isn;t working, but I have an idea...." He continued his assault, and when the fiel got a hole, he squeezed rock through and stuck the man with it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 22, 2011, 08:31:52 pm »

Over where Booster One had crashed he was starting to climb back up. The suits flight systems had been rendered unoperational by the Priest's attack. sparks sputtering out of the deep gash in his shoulder armor he climbed back on top his feet. Opening a control panel on his forearm he input some commands into his armor. For a moment various hydraulic whirring and clicks sounded out of his armor until suddenly, his distinctive shoulderpads lifted up and slowly slid off off him and onto the ground, followed by his backpack and the main portion of his chestplate. Instead of falling the heavy armor on his lower legs fell forward on a hinge. Reaching into them he retrieved a par of rods and then wrenched them off. What was left was a sleek, thinner version of his suit, almost completely white save for his forearms and crest. Clutching one of the rods in each hand he flicked them causing them to split in the center and extend via a smaller rod on the inside. Devices on both end of the rods began to glow and the extended portion became covered in energy.

His new weapons in hand Booster-One began a furious assault on the priest's forcefield, both of them moving like blurs as they parried each other. The movements of the blades fighting the other supers became clumsier as the priest was being forced to concentrate on the immediate threat.

It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 22, 2011, 08:35:52 pm »

The shield smashed, and the priest fell to the ground. He gasped for air, coughing up what seemed like a lung. Then, in the blink of an eye, a strange trench coated man walked over to the dying cultist. He grabbed him and brought him into an embrace. The cultist mutated horrifically, soon possessing an exoskeleton and large skeletal wings with skin tightly clinging to it, but the brightest part of him was the green crystals that had grown over his eyes. He gurgled and uttered something that sounded like "Mill me" or "Bill wee" amd embraced the other cultists, mutating them in similar ways. Then they moved toward the heroes. The strange trench coated man was gone.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 22, 2011, 08:59:22 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator):

Rick was about to sarcastically greet the man back, but to his disappointment, he disappeared a split second later.
"Well, this guy is definitely more interesting than the Beast Master."

He reopened the door, then began to examine the corpses. He then took a pair of gloves out of his lab coat and removed the jewels from the eye sockets of the corpses in the least disturbing way possible.

He turned to Tom.
"Not to be rude, but we should probably continue searching, I have a feeling that whatever caused that explosion is after something here, and it would probably be in our best interest to find it before it finds us."
He waited until his ally had recovered, then proceeded deeper into the facility.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »

Tom went along for a second, then stopped. Then he ran to Rick.

"The disease is airborne! You got to get rid of those jewels right now and find a HAZMAT suit or something if you want to handle them! They are toxic!" Tom yelled.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 22, 2011, 09:06:17 pm »

{"Elevators are down and turrets are up, sir. Nothing's getting in or out through here without us knowing."}

{"Affirmative, keep us posted."}

B1... B2... B3...

"Shouldn't there be more humans around here? This is boring."

The sergeant was about to snap back, but Tsume was right- even though the cultists and the ArmorForce security forces were fighting over at the gates, he'd expected sentries posted around sensitive areas to prevent people from outflanking them and sneaking in... like they were doing now.

B4... B5... B6.

"Alright, we're here. Jenkins, charge on that door, if you wou--"

"Already open, sir; someone beat us here."

"...Fuck. We're not taking any chances here- Tsume, you're on point- check each room; if anyone's in there, flash and smoke, then subdue them to make sure they haven't got anything we need. Once that's done, put them down, we can't have anyone squealing. Move up!"

"Sir!" "Hokay!" Focusing for a moment, an inky black, but slightly simpler clone of Tsume with glowing red eyes rises from the floor in front of her, and leads the group down the corridor, peeking around doorframes and corners.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 22, 2011, 09:06:57 pm »

Kine, finished with all but 5 cultists (who had just grown exoskeletons), began striding towards the priest. "SUPERS! Come together and open a hold in his defences long enough for me to get some poison in!" Man, it's going to take a lot of the toxin to bring this ugly bastard down. . .

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 22, 2011, 09:11:18 pm »

Zeox began to wake up.

"uggg Ow my head..."

He looked up

"What in the! What is that thing?!!? Why do I always miss the cool bits?"

Turning around Zeox headed into the building and ran up to the roof
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38