Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22407 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #270 on: September 22, 2011, 05:46:53 pm »

Tom smiled, knocked the cultist out and explored deeper. One of the rooms was locked using a hacked gene lock. He briefly remembered a Wikipedia jaunt he did explaining these things. Apparently, in the earlier ones, they could be hacked fairly easily. Tom ripped out a piece of electrical wire which sparked with lightening. He placed it into the gene lock's eye scanner, and typed 0000. He put his eyes in. The moment of truth.

The machine beeped and the door opened. Tom smiled and noticed a sign reading "Please report any outdated or broken equipment!" with a pen attached

He got the pen and wrote "Update the gene locks, they were hacked easily. I wasn't impressed. - Tom, the guy who broke into your secret underground base."

He chuckled and went into the room. He almost vomited. All around him were dissected animals. He didn't mind dissected animals, in fact he had gotten a lot more carnivorous since he first changed. But the animals were corrupted horribly. Some sort of disease, a hellish combination of demonic possession and stem cell cancer. All were mutated in random and horrible ways, but they always had one thing in common. The eyes had crystallized in a green color. He felt sick.

Tom found one file, and quickly walked out.
Reports On Pathogen
A side effect of Project MESSIAH is a strange corruption that occurs when a unprotected person or animal touches the subject, he/she/it will become infected. The pathogen created is 100% infective to those without protection, 100% lethal to all lifeforms, airborne, waterborne and could be called the disease that would end the world. I have sterilized every animal in the testing room but kept the distinctive solidation of the entire eye.
Note: This shall be my last document. I am now retiring. Goodbye, Dr. Konami

Tom had a bad feeling. Apparently, the Jeweled Man was carrying disease...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 22, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »

Zeox was fighting against the diminishing number of cultists. However his powers were not well suited to mass combat in an open area and so he was having difficulty taking them down. However suddenly all of the cultists stopped their assault and stepped back. They retreated to the perimeter of the area and simply stood there.

At that moment the man with the hat and swollen left eye seen in the newsfeed appeared. He wore a frightening grin on his face and his distinguishing eye appeared to be cybernetic and had a light orange, almost golden hue. The palms of his hands had some sort of implant in them appearing as metallice discs giving off a light purple hue.

"Greetings" He said. "I am the 4th high priest of The Green Eyed Man. I doubt that you heretics would have heard of him. But anyways I am here to announce that we are about to take our leave as we have obtained what we came here for. However..." he continued "I also have one other message to deliver.

Judgement day is near. The blood that is to be spilled shall purify the earth and bring about a new era. The promised souls shall be harvested and the bargain shall be fulfilled-"

He was interrupted by a energy beam fired by Booster-One. But instead of being hit he raised his hand and his eye flashed with energy as a forcefield was created in the path of the beam, deflecting it.

"Your actions mean nothing. There is no way to stop the coming tide. But if it's a fight you want..." He raised his other arm and swung it, forming a half dozen field in the shape of blades floating behind him. He snapped his fingers and the cultists readied their weapons.

"Try to make this entertaining"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2011, 05:51:48 pm »

Powder Talented Miner roared as he raised his boulder and smashed it against the man's forcefield over and over again, cracking the rock but also hopefully weakening the forcefield.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 22, 2011, 05:52:19 pm »

Kine continued to watch. Hmmmm. . . .it appears that the supers could use some assistance, couldn't they Kine? Kine then removed his hoodie, giving his tentacles a much greater range of motion. With practiced aim, he began picking off the people assaulting the supers at a distance by firing the poisonous needles from the tips of his tentacles. The people standing outside the complex, he left alone, for it appeared that they were doing harm to nobody.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 22, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

Zeox charged at the priest but was thrown back by the forcefield and slammed into the walls of the complex.

The priest sent two of his forcefield swords out, one flew towards Powder Miner and the other boomeranged through the air grazing Booster-Ones...  well boosters sending him falling into the ground but mostly unharmed.

A few of the cultists trying to figure why some of them were dying without explanation managed to spot Kine and began firing at him. However the majority were too focused on the main combatants to notice.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 22, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator):

Rick, having finished with writing his notes, noticed the tentacled man near him.
"Oh, hello. I see you're busy, so I'll just be on my way."
He then teleported directly downwards, hoping to exit near the entrance, but he underestimated his power and sent himself much farther.

He materialized in a room filled with mutated and dissected animals, with someone who was definitely the dragon across from him.
"Well, that didn't exactly work out...  I can't help but notice I'm surrounded by mutilated mutants... What exactly is going on here?"

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 22, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »

Unsurprisingly, when Tsume's squad reached the laboratory's main entrance, the doors were locked down. C4 quickly rectified this, and they fanned out into the lobby, the sergeant picking off CCTV cameras with his sidearm.

"Our objective's somewhere in the labs proper- bottom three sub-levels. Bravo, kill the lifts and take up defensive positions here- constant radio contact, make sure we aren't followed. Alpha, we're taking the stairs. And you..."

Tsume's eyes brightened at the prospect of causing mayhem. The sergeant sighed.

"Stay close and don't fucking touch anything. Move out!"

She pouted. "You're no fun~"

[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 22, 2011, 06:26:16 pm »

Tom jumped as someone teleporter into the room. He was slightly freaked out. He then decided to be sociable and respond to the teleporter.

"It seems like Armorforce spawned... A God. And those are actually animals who were corrupted by the amazingly horrific pathogen the God carries. He's called the Jewel Man." He held out his clawed hand. "I'm Tom, I'm part dragon. Good afternoon."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 22, 2011, 06:32:39 pm »

"Well, that actually sounds kind of serious, far more than this "Beast Master" business anyway. My name's Rick, I can remove things from reality and control antimatter."
The scientist firmly shakes Tom's hand, being somewhat cautious not to cut or poke himself.

A few seconds later, he hears an explosion from a few levels up.
"Huh, seems we might have company, whether good or bad remains to be seen."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:34:46 pm by Sinpwn »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 22, 2011, 06:37:24 pm »

"Cool."

Tom paused. He hadn't really thought about speaking to a live real superhero.

"You know what's annoying? I can transform into a full-on dragon, but then I have to spend the day as a dragon-like human shape. And even when I am fully human I still have a tail or whatever. Can get really annoying sometimes..."

He scratched his hair.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »

This fight had spiraled out of control very quickly. The number of cultists shrunk but more and more combantants were entering the fray each with their own motivations and danger levels. This was not working for him at all. He was getting reports from his men all over the fight. There had been few casulities on his side but what piqued his intrest more was the reports of Dragons he got from some of his men. He spit out a swear as the forcefield comes up. But that wont stop Roydon. He reaches down, Adjusting the power level on the Crusher, Low...Medium...High...Super. He cranked it to Super. Charging at the Priest's Forcefield. The Priest Retaliates with a pair of blade. Roydon slides and rolls underneath both of them. Not fast enough for him as he still picked up Momentum, He's at maximum speed as he's about to hit the shield. He brings the Crusher up and into the Shield causing a massive peal of thunder as they collide. Roydon is thrown backwards, scuffed up but reletively unhurt and the shield begins to frizzle slightly "Concentrate your fire on where I hit it" The Officer Roared as he got back up again
Raggle Fraggle

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2011, 07:08:32 pm »

Kine, seeing the supers having a hard time with the man in grey, decided that the last thing they needed was cultists assaulting them from the side. Kine laced together 4 of his tentacles to form a bullet proof shield, and held the other 2 to be combat ready. He jumped off of the building backwards, using his tentacles for support. He ran into the fray, deadly poison melting the cultist's organs, depending on hit location. Soon, Kine had already dropped some 20 or so cultists, and counting. Room the man in grey would have no backup.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2011, 07:10:28 pm »

Tom was blown off his feet as something shook the ground. Things fell, something shattered into a million pieces. He managed to steady himself and stand up. He looked up, then at Rick.

"I think we should take action." He said. "I think we should check out the rest of the building."

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:27 pm »

"Yes, that sounds conventional explosives, let's check the lifts and stairs first, you lead the way."
Rick followed Tom and began searching the buildings, taking samples of machinery and biology as he went.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 22, 2011, 07:24:42 pm »

When James arrived (after spending quite some time in total confusion, trying to figure out where the fight was), he did'nt understand exactly what was happening. He looked at the battle, confused, and slowly he started to figure out who were the bad guys. Once that was done, he tried to figure out who was important to kill. Some officer helped to clarify that, after a glorious attack on a man with a strange eye (who had a forcefield). He recognized a few of the supers he had seen yesterday, so he supposed that he was fighting for the good side. Now that this was clear, he still had a battle to win.

"Alright. Here I come!"

He crossed the distance bewteen him and the leader, killing a few people on his way (he was pretty sure they were all minions of the strange man, and if they were not... Well, too bad) and charged the leader. With all his strenght, he rammed the forcefield exactly where the officer had hit it, following his instructions. Then, he had enough time to punch it twice before the man with the strange eye used some kind of forcefield blades to send him flying. He landed on his back a few meters away, surprised. He had'nt thought the man could use his power to attack.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 38