Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22406 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #255 on: September 22, 2011, 01:18:51 pm »

From behind Tom a voice rang out.

"Having fun?"

-----

Zeox finally arrived at the battle immediatly jumping into the fight.
Why is it that I'm always the last one to arrive? he thought
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2011, 01:41:43 pm »

Tom turned around, looking his opponent directly in the face.

He was a man dressed in black, his trench coat drifting in the wind. His eyes were green, like jewels. In fact, if Tom looked right, they were. The face reminded him of a primal memory. When he first changed, he had weird primal dreams which he realized were memories of his dragon ancestors. This was like that. Tom remembered... This guy was not to be fought with. He was something else.

The Jewel Man.

"Ohhh dear." Tom uttered.

"You have your grandfather's face. Your mother's side had a bit of dragon in it, if you were wondering where you came from." The Jewel Man walked towards Tom. Tom couldn't help but step back.

"You are the God those cultists worship..." Tom uttered.

"Correct. Now, watch the sky." The Jewel Man disappeared.

Tom was scared.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 22, 2011, 03:11:49 pm »

Kine stood up an sighed. Well, it seems that the active supers that I want are all attracted to the commotion I'm hearing. Best to just get down there and resolve the whole thing, and bring back with me those who wish to hear the Truth. Kine hopped over the flood wall and began walking toward the complex at  leisurely pace.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 22, 2011, 03:27:30 pm »

James waked up late. After a cup of coffee and a simple breakfast, he got out of his hotel, wondering what he would do that day. His general idea was to find the blood manipulator and then kill him, but he had no idea where to find him. However, he was pretty sure the madman would eventually do another massacre, and then all the medias in the city would guide James to him.

When he heard about the problem at the ArmorForce complex, he decided he would go there. It would distract him a bit.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 22, 2011, 03:29:53 pm »

Alex was surveying the area for a way in.  He was estimating the distance to the tower crane arm when screams started coming from an adjacent side of the dockyard.  What is that? , he thought, but took the opportunity.   He threw a grappling hook onto the tower crane's arm, and it hooked on, so with a running start he jumped from the rooftop.  On his way down he realised two things: one, that he has no way of getting out; and two, that the hook had become unhooked and he was falling towards a cluster of cargo containers.

He landed in a roll, which while it kept him from killing himself, hurt like hell.  Without his light armor he probably would have broken his shoulder, but the fluid pockets solidified and instead it felt like getting punched across the half his body at once.  He stayed down for a moment, recovering, then looked around to make sure he had not been spotted.  As far as he could see, he hadn't - it seemed that the guards were distracted by whatever had caused the screaming.  He took a running start and leapt to the nearest crate stack, beyond that was the administration building.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 22, 2011, 03:45:46 pm »

Rick (Nothing Manipulator):

Rick had spent the day up until this point harvesting some items from different Powers International labs and storage areas. It had been pretty good, with him finding many tools and resources that he needed for his personal research area that he had been setting up in his ludicrously large sub-basement. He was also there to try to get any leads on his past, though he thought it would most likely not be found, due to the intended secrecy of what he remembered working on. He did find some leads in different emails in the offices of higher ups. It seemed He had been working as an assistant to the researchers working on the inhibitors, he tried to feel guilty, but knew there was really no reason to be. As he read his different reports and employee evaluations, he began to notice a pattern. All Mention of him ceased completely a few years ago.
Rick didn't think much of this, hazarding a guess that the incident may or may not have erased all knowledge of the project from history.

He grew bored with gathering supplies, and as he walked towards the meeting area for the "Outcasts" that he had seen on a poster that morning, he heard gunshots and fighting coming from a building that read "Armorforce Industries". Deciding that this would be much more intristing than attending a meeting, he stepped through space to the roof, to be greeted by a large dragon and an even larger explosion.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:53 pm »

Tom clutched the shotgun walking down the stairs. It seemed the cultists had left to... Somewhere. Tom wasn't sure. He needed to find out what the cultists were looking for, get out and go back to his metro tunnel. He walked across the empty lobby into the elevator. He pressed the basement button and waited for it to arrive. The door dinged, and Tom walked down the deep dark corridor. A door blocked his way into the science lab, but he smashed it open using his shoulder. He quickly searched through the files scattered around the room.

One constant in all the files was something called Project MESSIAH. They apparently needed a lot of materials for it. Titanium, advanced AI core... All odd.

Someone walked in. It was a cultist. Tom hid beneath a desk, and waited a while. The cultist came near and Tom grabbed him by the legs. He slid under the table and tried to scream.

"You scream, I cut your neck. Who are you?"

The cultist gasped, and nodded. Then he told Tom everything his cult mind knew, which was a fairly good amount.

(Fill in what the cultist said)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 22, 2011, 04:05:17 pm »

Apparently ArmorForce had, in the process of research had inavertably stumbled onto a process extremely similar to a summoning ritual that the cult had been using to directly communicate With their god by giving him a physical body for a few hours. In most cases the host body burned out after a few hours. ArmorForce had no idea what they had stumbled across. Under other circumstances the cult would have simply sabotage the project to prevent them from finding out what they had. However ArmorForce's research had found a way to make an artificial bodie that according to their informant could sustain their god indefinitely. Their informant had in exchange for providing gear, information, and " upgrades" to the higher ranked members, had asked for them to give him as much of Armorforce's R&D as they could.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 22, 2011, 04:24:33 pm »

Karl headed down from the roof through a hardly used roof access door - it has been padlocked, but 400 kg of cyborg can deliver a hefty shoulder charge. This action set off a few security alarms, but its not as if that mattered while large scale firefights involving a dragon were going on at street level. At the foot of the first stairwell here was a CCTV camera which Karl crushed with his good hand. Leaving the dark stairwell at the first landing, Karl found himself in a well lit but deserted corridor, offices and small scale labs lining the corridor. Karl systematically worked his way through each room, riddling filing cabinets with incendiary rounds, and computers with HE shells. Smoke from burning paperwork set off a freon fire estingusher system. The suits closed cycle life support was not troubled by this, and switching to IR allowed Karl to see throughthe dense clouds. One room contained a server bank - no doubt the data was backed up elsewhere, but trashing it would be fun and still slightly disruptive. Several bursts of AP rounds tore through the servers, leaving a sparking mess. A sign in a staff rest area said "Please leave this area as you would expect to find it", so Karl had a chuckle to himself as he left it in perfect condition. A lift at the opposite end of the corridor was stuck 4 levels below the floor Karl was on - presumably stopped when the fire control system kicked in. Karl headed back to the stairwell and repeated the systematic chaos on the next three floors before heading to the floor with the stuck lift on it...
This is a blank sig.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 22, 2011, 04:31:53 pm »

Kine was near the complex when he saw a group of strange people standing outside of it. He dodged into an alley and quickly used his tentacles to scale a building. Looking down, he had a perfect vantage point, and could see past the complex's defensive walls, with several supers around, both inside and out. On the roof, he saw the same man that he saw on the roof during the ape attack. If these supers are willing to continue to show their powers, they could be beneficial to the me, very beneficial indeed.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 22, 2011, 04:36:14 pm »

The explosion rocked the structure, but paled in comparison to the commotion at the gates of the complex. Or at least, the soldier desperately hoped so, as he peered out of cover and through the hole blasted in the door. Right on cue, the watercraft pulled up to the pier and dropped it's landing ramp.

"Everyone, pile out! You three, guard the boat; Squads Alpha, Bravo, you're with me! This is a simple smash and grab- you have your orders! Go! Go! Go!"

He sighed and met his faceplate with his glove as the two dozen black-armored soldiers exited the boat. Not at them, no, but at the other member of the strike team who practically skipped out of the transport behind them.

"Smash and Grab, Smash and Grab~♪"

"Miss-" "Just call me Tsume." "Will you please try to take this seriously?"

They insisted that they bring her along. Special Weaponry, they said, to deal with supers they encountered. Well, he had to give it to them; she certainly was special: though she looked like a like a mostly normal human on the outside, she wasn't even a super, per se- some sort of freaky fucking monster girl they'd sent over from operations in Japan, or so he'd heard. She was short (though, to be fair, a lot of people were to the 6'6" sergeant), with deep read hair, and wore a black and red gothic-styled dress, cris-crossed with white ribbons. Ribbons (including the two that kept her hair separated into pigtails) that were each decorated with cute little fucking rodent skulls at either end.

"Eh...? Ehehehehe..."

And, of course, the fact that she had claws and teeth like a fucking tiger. He hated how she would always grin and giggle at him like a psychopath, but she was stronger then she looked, too- and since he'd heard rumors of her summoning some sort of shadow minions to overwhelm her prey, he wasn't about to argue with her.

"Hey. Hey, what's that?" Suddenly, she was looking up, pointing at the Chinook that was approaching the center of the complex from the other side.

Goddammitshit. If those were reinforcements, they'd be at the front gate. This had to be a strike team to either recover or destroy what they were after.

"Enemy troops. We've got to get to the objective before they or the cultists can- double-time, move out!"

"Ahaha, more tasty humans~!"

Oh yeah, that. The sergeant grimaced as the troops moved up through the loading dock, heading towards the central laboratory structures.

"I'm getting too old for this shit."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:44:47 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 22, 2011, 04:45:49 pm »

Alex reached the next container stack fairly easily, and then runs and jumps for the roof.  He almost makes it, hitting the low wall around the roof's edge.  The impact knocks his breath out, but he clings onto the edge, pulling himself over.  A surprised guard turns to face him. "Hey! what are you doing here?" He grabs for his rifle, leaning on a vent hood next to him, but Alex gets to him before he can get it ready.  He stuns him out with repeated punches to the head and stomach, and then looks around again.  Seeing noone, he pulls the guard opposite the vent hood from the door, takes his radio and gun, and says " Stay here.  Don't move or yell and you will be safe."  He extends one of his nails into a blade and points it at the guard's neck.  The guard pales and nods silently.  Alex asks him "Alright, who do you work for?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 22, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »

((Well, that seems fair enough I suppose. Though don't you complain when I'm throwing cars and trees at you.   ;D))

Pushing his speed and strength to the limit, Wei rushed towards the edge of the roof and leaped, aiding his jump with a blast from a pillar of blood off the roof. He practically flew, straight across the street, over the fence and a few cargo containers, landing on the roof of the security offices. Rolling with the impact of landing, he stood and calmly walked over to the edge of the roof, skewering the guards he had knocked down earlier and destroying their turrets. Looking over the yard, he saw another man make a leap from a roof to a container using a grappling hook of some kind on the crane. Then he saw that person run and make a nice jump to a lower roof of the building he was on.

Oh, would you look at that. Seems like someone followed me or 187. I'll just send a welcoming gift his way...

Twisting a security camera off the edge of the roof he was on and dropping it onto the roof behind him, he held up one of the radios he had used earlier.

"Intruder spotted! South side, ontop of the first floor roof of admin!"

Smiling and giving a small wave to the figure, he walked over to the other side of the roof and looked down at 187, climbing on the side of the building.

I suppose I could give him a hand again. You owe me kid.

Lashing down with tendrils of blood, he quickly dispatched all the guards on both the second and third floors, as well as the turrets. He then knelt down to watch and wait, listening to the cries on the radio to help monitor the guards.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 22, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

Alex looked at the radio as the voice said "Intruder spotted! South side, ontop of the first floor roof of admin!".  He ran for the door onto his level of the roof, and extended one nail into the lock, jamming it, before severing it and leaving it there.  It would stop the door from opening, although the lock or even the door could be busted out relatively easily.  He went to the nearest window, and scraped it with his claw around the edge.  He tapped it hard, expecting the area inside the scratch to fall out, but nothing happened. He got out the radio, and said "Negative, I am surveying the ground level from here." Not expecting anyone to be fooled, he then extended yet another nail through the crack around the window to unlock it. "Must not be much important in this building", he thought, as he pulled open the window.  He heard a noise from the door like someone banging on it. 

((And I know how stupid this is, I just thought it could be interesting, and not out of character.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 22, 2011, 05:27:34 pm »

PTM doesn;t have rock arms, he manipulates stones that he has mined.

Powder Talented Miner took the rod and morphed it into full boulder, taking it and slamming down several cultists, then with another swing that shattered the rock but took down several other cultists. He dove don and grabbed another pebble, making another shield.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 38