Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22404 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #240 on: September 21, 2011, 10:44:53 pm »

Ahhh... A round about route. Pretty smart. Not smart enough though for people who know what they are looking for, like me. Time to go in on foot.

Parking the car in a back street, Wei hopped out and closed the car door behind him. Calmly taking off the glasses and pocketing them, while at the same time flexing his muscles using the blood inside them, he then cricks his neck and sprints at normal speed towards a wall, all the blood inside the car flowing quickly after him. Nearing the wall, he pushes off the ground and propells himself into the air using the blood underneath him, pulling up with him. A smooth landing later and he was on the roof of the building. As he landed, he saw the entire docks light up from a gunshot.

Best not to loose those trucks now. Time to pick it up.

Pushing more blood into his muscles, causing them to show through his skin in dark crimson, the reason of why he is called the crimson man, he takes off across the rooftops with quick darting movements, showing physical capabilities that are beyond even the most highly conditioned athlete. Leaping across rooftops effortlessly, blasting himself across streets with blood takeoffs, always keeping the vans in sight. Soon, he saw that they were slowing down and turning into a building. Skidding to a stop on the roof of the opposite building and crouching down to keep out of sight, he inspects the building across the street closely.

((Another handy helping hand here would be nice. Just what the building looks like, what it may have been before beastmaster moved in.))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 21, 2011, 11:59:08 pm »

The dockyard appeared to be just that, a dockyard. Multicoloured canisters were piled up high in 5x5x4 sections with a massive overhanging canister crane suspended by two steel beams from one end of the yard to another. There were security and planning offices a couple floors up accessible via the lightweight yellow steel stairs. Security was practically crawling now with air sirens blaring. Teams of 3 were rushing from several of the offices three stories up carrying some kind of metal. With a snap the metal contraptions revealed their true nature, turrets... damn. There were a total of four turrets on the upper levels and who knew how many more in the lower. Subject 187 noticed the activity and quickly moved into the facility towards the nearest container. Whoever set this dock up wanted it to look like a normal shipping yard, down to the number of canisters. Footsteps were coming closer and closer to the front canister. A soldier clad in navy pulled the corner in full riot gear carrying a short-choked black shotgun. He saw nothing but a paint discoloration where 187 had crossed into the canister.

((That what you had in mind?))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:02:03 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2011, 01:12:05 am »

((Well, they were coming FROM the docks, but yeah this will do. Must be a dockyard further down the river. Thanks! Also, I presume that it is night because of all the lights turning on, so you must be doing this before you call it a day. Just some clarification there.  ;)))

Wei lowered his binoculars, eyes narrowed more than usual. He was not impressed with the current setup he had to enter.

Multiple turrets with overlapping fire zones, those will be a problem... Roaming heavily armed guards, easy to pick off... Multiple layered defenses covering the main yard, avoidable with some effort...

Looking over the yard once more, Wei frowned slightly. He wasn't overly worried about what the guards could do, he could handle those easily enough, he was concerned more about the fact that a gun went off earlier. Someone else had plans here, and he couldn't let them take anything of interest.

I do hope that it isn't 187. That would make things difficult...

Settling down to wait, he kept a close eye on all the groups of guards as well as the offices. He would wait to see who it was, and how they were handling things. He had most of the night to spare, so he didn't worry too much about being late. Noone would dare complain after all.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 22, 2011, 06:43:14 am »

Tom walked near the complex. He was passing by a TV when he saw that something was up at the complex. Something was always up at that stupid complex. It had a military contract, so it was automatically a super-villain attack spot. They must have lost more projects then they actually managed to showcase, at least the ones that didn't break out of their own volition. He ducked down when a bullet passed dangerously near his head. Just ahead of him, a SWAT officer with a shotgun wasn't so lucky. Bullet to the head that broke through his goggles and straight into his eye.

Tom cringed as he took the shotgun and crawled into the complex. The corridors were big and empty, with corpses all around. He felt knee-deep in the dead. A terrorist ran down the corridor, missing Tom thanks to the bodies. He changed into his humanoid draconic form, stood up and grabbed the terrorist by the back armor. Tom turned the terrorist around, and ripped off his mask. A grinning face stared back.

"The blood of the innocent shall bring fertility to the land. My blood shall be as good as a lamb's blood, so kill me now so that I may revive this fallen Earth. The green-eyed man shall be our savior, the blood shall cleanse us." The cultist tried to push Tom away, presumably to grab his weapon, but Tom held his grip tighter.

"What is going on?" Tom asked.

"Judgement day. The blood--" Tom slapped the cultist. Due to the claws, this made him unconscious.

"Sorry, but you weren't talking sense." Tom giggled. "Yeah, he totally looks like a dame. The dragon detective, that would be an awesome show. Man, I really should make a movie out of this. Or a book. Oh, puuuun. It's a novel idea!" The giggling broke out into laughter, which faded into occasional chuckles. He checked the Cultist's pulse, then tied him up to a desk.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 22, 2011, 08:30:29 am »

The armed patrol wouldn't just let him into the building, so he knew that he would have to make a run for it. 187 placed his hand on the right side wall and waited a moment. He didn't hear any footsteps, so he quickly ran his hand downward tossing the door into a flat mess on the floor. He darted out before one of the turrets got into place. Bullets started flying at his feet just as he reached one of the security offices. He had to blindside the turrets or else he simply wouldn't be able to move freely. He didn't have much time to search for a map, but conveniently there was already one on the wall. Apparently there is an elevator to an underground level in the upper offices. Just as he saw this he heard the soldiers outside the door. All he could hope for was a distraction because there was no way he could fight off several soldiers at once without taking a bullet or two.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:57 am »

Alex stops on top of a parking deck near the dockyard.  He came following the red man who was following some trucks, surrounded by what looked like flying blood.  He was left behind by the man's ridiculous jumping skills, but was able to follow the trucks from ground level.  When they pulled into the dockyard, he had nearly followed them, but was discouraged by the armed guards and suspicious metal domes.  Naturally, this made him curious, as did the muffled gunshot from within.   From his current position, he surveys the area.  He has a straight shot into a lot full of containers from there, blocked inly by a fence, but with the guards the open space would be extremely risky to cross.   If only there was some kind of diversion I could make...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 22, 2011, 09:19:06 am »

The universe is a very random place. You could be alive one nanosecond, dead another. Randomness is what holds the universe together. It also helps out a lot when you need a distraction. Several soldiers stood around, constantly vigilant. After a while, five of them left, leaving two. One lit a cigarette with a zippo. Thunder rolled, and the rain came pouring down.

"You know, they should really hire super guards." One of the security guards said, a tall blond man with sharp features.

"Why?" The other asked, a medium sized woman with a soft round face.

"Well, you notice how those guys up at Armorforge get their asses kicked whenever they try injecting super DNA into anyone?" Blonde asked.

"They don't do that. They make power suits" Lady replied.

"Whatever. Other companies could have solved the problem by hiring super guards. Pay someone enough money and they'll do it. Most supers are homeless and shit, comes with the job. They could get food, warmth and shelter. It'd be a nice gig for them. I'd do it. If I was a super." Blonde took a drag on a cigarette.

"What would your superpower be?" Lady took off her helmet and shook out her black hair.

"Time travel, of course. I could predict my opponent's every move, save myself from dying and know exactly what the guy I was after was going to do. It'd be a s--"

They were interrupted by a completely random event. Lightening on the ground, just five feet away. They jumped as the fire started. Yelling and screaming, they tried to put it out, but it kept spreading.

Knowing randomness is a very good virtue in a godless universe. Helps out a lot.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:16:07 am by Fniff »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 22, 2011, 10:15:35 am »

Wei frowned as he saw 187 run into one of the offices before the guards got there. A few had noticed something entering the office and were closing in quickly, weapons raised.

This is not good at all. I was hoping he would be elsewhere, but instead he seems convinced that this beastmaster fellow is responsible for his treatment. Not that I care, but I won't have him wrecking loot or killed so early. He could still be of use after all. I suppose I had best lend a hand of some kind...

Seeing that the crane was spanning across the whole yard and went to near the offices, Wei quickly made a plan. Lowering himself down to the ground quietly, he ambushed a group of guards patrolling around the fence from behind, hammering them to the ground and snatching their weapons away quickly as well as their radios. As they scrambled around to face him, they all froze, recognising the tell tale look of crimson muscles showing through white skin.

"Oh god... I-i-it's him... Please... no..."

"Shutup, you will only speak when I want you to. And right now..."

Wei held all of their radios before them, a horrible smile showing on his face.

"I want you all to scream. So scream little man..."

Blood formed a wave behind him, blocking out the light on Wei's latest victims, as he clicked the radios on.

"Scream for me."

Shortly after, horrible, bloodcurdling screams echoed off the containers and blasted through the radios, shocking all the guards. They all heard it coming from the west fence, and teams scrambled towards the location just as the screams cut off in wet gurgles. They all paused for a moment in sheer horror before moving faster.

Well. I think that did the trick. And now I feel somewhat better after letting all that frustration out.

Wei was running back across the rooftops again, heading to the south side where the offices were closest to the fence. He had left nothing of the guards but red smears and blood covered helmets and guns all over the pavement, so they would not know what they were dealing with until it was too late. He stopped as he reached the position he wanted, a clear view of the offices near the fence, and the turrets guarding them. Slinging blood spikes at long range at the turrets to take them out, as well as what few guards there were, he backed up for a long jump.

Now to find out where they store all that lovely equipment...

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 22, 2011, 10:43:05 am »

The guards outside the door seemed a little preoccupied as the sound of blood curdling screams filled the air. It sounded like music to 187 who smiled an odd smile at the thought. Now that there was an opening 187 burst the door outward knocking down one guard that was still at the door filling him with wooden splinters. He had no time for them, and they seemed rather preoccupied so he ran to the right in an attempt to throw them off. No one seemed to follow. Whoever was at the gates was spooking the hell out of the guards. He jumped on top of the security office as a quick access to the second floor.

Getting up to the third floor without meeting a turret would be something short of a miracle, but right now he had to deal with the second floor. Despite the confusion some of the soldiers were still holding their position. He would have to find another way to get in without alarming anyone. Rather than going directly to the second floor he hung from the railing and shimmied to the right so that an office wall would hide his approach. So long as he didn't draw attention to himself he wouldn't have to deal with the soldiers.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 22, 2011, 11:12:45 am »

After an eventless evac flight back to the base, Karl took his armour off with assistance form the techs who focussed thier efforts on the machine interface implants. He was sure they would really enjoy giving all the mechanical joints a deep clean over the next few hours.

After getting a short few hours sleep, Karl logged on to a data terminal. News reports were coming in of some unusual militia group leading an assault on the ArmourForce HQ. Karl was well aware that his controllers disliked ArmourForce (and the makers of the Buster Suits for that matter) - whilst both rival products werent quite up to the level of tech of the suit he wore (most noticably in the cybernetic interfaces his suit had), they represented a threat to the level of superiourity Karl could deliver in a combat situation. Karl himself bore a personal ill will to Booster One - some young hotshot who wasnt half the soldier he was, in a suit not as advanced as his, who was getting rich and famous without putting his neck on the line in the same way that Karl did with nobody finding out. Granted, Booster One had a degree of freedom Karl could only wish for - a degree of freedom Karl would gladly trade all the man/machine interface tech he had wired into him for.

The orders that came in were hardly suprising.

Explot ongoing incident at ArmourForce HQ. Avoid confrontation with forces engaged in conflict. Infiltrate via rooftop insertion and look to compromise thier R+D capacity.

The familiar routine of meshing with the suit seemed to take less time than usual, and before he knew it Karl was high above the city in a chinook again...
This is a blank sig.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2011, 11:17:55 am »

Kathryn had spent the last day in hiding...but the chaos engulfing the city, she just couldn't ignore anymore.

She lunged-her crocodilian form catching a terrorist patrolling the dock, and pulling him under. He didn't struggle long...she resisted her natural urges.

hide meat...taste good...wait...hunt...eat...time...meat..

She let him go, and shifted up the shore-changing herself into a tiny coral sea snake at the same time. It was tricky for her to learn how to change from animal to animal without becoming a Human in between, but it was doable..it was a quick slide up a corrugated pipe and she slipped right through the barred windows....

She saw an officer (Riccto) and a man with rocks for arms (Powder Miner) on the inside...she decided to follow them. Carefully...Kathryn kept the shadows, hiding herself, subtly altering her skin to that of a jet black snake. Not everyone was after the same thing here.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:41 am »

Tom was worried he was getting in a very bad situation.

The terrorists had him pinned down on a rooftop. They only fired when he peeked his head over the wall, so he stayed put. Any of them that got close got a claw slash or buckshot. They were in a Mexican standoff.

Tom had discovered some neat things. One, these guys had some sort of gas inside air canisters that they were transporting. Two, they worshiped a god named The Green Eyed Man whose image was painted on almost every wall in lieu of the Armorforge logo. He seemed to be an ordinary man with green jewels for eyes. Three, he realized that Baconitties are a godsend when you are part dragon.

Tom considered turning full dragon. He wouldn't be able to change back into human form completely for about a day, so that could be annoying when he would be on the news again, kicking ass. He decided that he needed to take advantage of the fact he was being pinned down by terrorist. Tom just needed to keep low to the ground and not show his belly. Done.

He changed, and then he charged into a squad of terrified cultists.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:05:35 pm by Fniff »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »

The chopper Karl was riding in stopped to a hover above a cluster of tall buildings near the edge of the Armorforge compound. Karl picked up something remarkable over the radio chatter as he waited to jump - one of the pilots remarked "Well would you look at that...."... Out of a window Karl could see what appeared to be a dragon, with a group of militia running in panic from it. "Great" thought Karl, "mythical beasts".

The confusion caused by the appearance of a giant fire breathing lizard was too good to miss. Karl ordered the pilot to get closer to the rooftops, and jumped the last 25 meters , landing with a light roll onto a deserted rooftop overlooking the whole Armorforge compound. Sporadic gunfire could be heared in the middle distance, along with panicked cires of "its a fucking dragon....". His local intel display was not much help - the whole situation on the ground was confused, with various supers apparently on the scene, a number of seperate "cultist" militia, Armorforge mercs and various law enforement units. No doubt some more shady supers had not yet shown thier face.

"Best not hang about..." thought Karl as he turned to look for a way down into the buildings.
This is a blank sig.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2011, 12:28:55 pm »

Tom was dispatching the cultists at a beautifully fast rate. His moral code was this: "If they are shooting you, then it's okay to toss them off a roof." It would probably make things easy. It certainly was now. He breathed fire on the amazingly stupid cultists who decided that just because an AK wasn't working from a distance didn't mean it wouldn't work up close. Tom checked around. Yeah, the coast was clear. He switched back to his draconic form and checked the bodies for interesting things. In one of the backpacks he found "The Gospel Of Jewels". Thumbing through it, it seemed that this would have been nice to give to the police when this is all over and done with.

He looked towards the higher rooftops. Kinda felt like someone was watching him. He kept an eye on the rooftop.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:34:22 pm by Fniff »

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2011, 12:33:44 pm »

As the screams began to fade and alarms blared, the Beast Master calmly shut off the radio.

"We appear to have a visitor. I trust you can handle the situation?"

The figure lounging in the dark corner nearby nodded, lighting up a cigarette. "You worry about your job, I'll worry about mine."

"See to it, then. You needn't entertain our guest for long; within the hour I'll have what I'm after, and then you'll have what you're after."

Standing, the figure left the control room, clicking on the radio in the antechamber's desk and pulling a book off one of the bookshelves ringing the room, awaiting any intruders.

Two squads had managed to slip past the ArmorForge blockade at the entrance to the compound as the main assault force split to take on the SED reinforcements. But then they were ambushed by some sort of dragonoid creature- a brief shootout resulted, and when it changed shape and rushed them, he'd managed to split off in the confusion.

All in all, things were going better than he'd expected. Weeks of infiltration were about to culminate in a grand heist, he thought, as he un-slung the gas canister from his back and pulled the hidden catch, revealing it's real payload- a High Explosive charge.

Dashing across the compound as fast as his legs could carry him and praying nobody had spotted him, he quickly discarded the false shell and started tapping in the detonator's activation sequence and countdown. Just turn left here, into one of the loading docks, and... there's the door. No time to waste- they were supposed to arrive any second now, and there'd be hell to pay if the route wasn't clear when they did. Punching the last key on the 15 second timer, he hustled over to the giant sliding door and hefted the charge on with a clang as the magnets attached, before diving behind cover, pulling up his assault rifle.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:55:32 pm by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38