Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22405 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »

Zeox was on his patrol when he encountered the posters. He stared at the one on the wall.

"This won't end well..."
It's FEF, not FEOF

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »

Tom's power.

Tom was part dragon.

He did not know this until two weeks ago, an incident that got him on the news and basically ruined his life. Strangely he was perfectly fine with his messed up life as long and was at least satisfied with his dragon genes. He could transform into a dragon since that fateful Tuesday. Well, he never truly transformed. He was always partially dragon. Maybe his feet were still claws or he still had his wings. After a while, he decided to become a vigilante. Why not? Could have been fun.

This was his first job. A lady was being mugged in an alleyway, how cliche. He was just wearing an army coat and trousers. Under his breath, he reminded himself to act cool. He was slightly scared of that gun. He breathed deep and changed into his dragon form, but not fully. He was about as big as a dumpster now. Tom grabbed the robber and lifted him up to his reptilian face.

"Hi. You seem to be breaking the law. Can you please return this lady's purse? It's kind of a bitch wh--"

"HOLY SHIT A DRAGON! OOOOH FUCK!" The mugger interjected.

Tom sighed and separated the purse from the mugger. He gave it to the lady and knocked out the robber using a claw. He returned to human form, annoyingly still owning a tail. He sighed and went over to the lady.

"So uh... I hope I didn't scare you." He smiled.

"You did save me." The lady shrugged. Tom noticed a bit of jewelery. Shiny...

"Hey, uh, this is kinda odd, but... Could I have that necklace?" Tom did not like the dragon tendency to hoard gold. He just had to have it.

"Um... Okay." She took the necklace off and gave it to him. His being was filled with happiness.

He smiled and thanked her. Then he wandered off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 21, 2011, 09:00:26 pm »

Wei's eyes widened slighly behind his glasses, though he kept his face exactly the same.

Well, he certainly is powerful, I'd give him that. Maybe not all that smart, but powerful nonetheless. He may even give him a run for his money. And he is even willing to help me. Well, that means he certainly does NOT know who I am. Still, he does sound familiar... I think I could use this to my advantage.

"Quite. I do seem to remember something about a Subject 187 somewhere with your description. I'll tell you what, if you are willing to work with me for some time, I will look into finding information about you. Keep in mind, a lot of people don't like me and if you are willing to do this, odds are they won't like you either. But despite this, I CAN get you what you are looking for."

Wei withdrew all the blood by his feet back into the car and walked over to the car door, opening it and standing by the opening.

"So, I leave the choice up to you. Are you willing to go to the darkest depths of this city and beyond to get your answers, answers that I can provide, or are you just going to walk away? If you agree to do this, step inside and we can talk further."

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 21, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »

Day 2
3:45 Pm

There was a sudden announcement on the news.

This just in. There is an ongoing raid at the ArmorForce Complex. The perpetrator have not been identified as of so far. Reports state that are being lead by a man with a large unusual left eye, possibly a super. Booster-One is currently on the scene but is having difficulty holding them back

Booster-One. He was an oddity in the hero community. He had no powers of his own but instead wore a ArmorForce made power suit proudly emblazoned with their logo. Armor force was in a sense his Sponsor. The exact details of their agreement were not known to the general public but apparently he was required to aid them in advertising and indeed the company produced quite a bit of merchandising based around him. Despite this he was surprisingly competent and was one of the least destructive of the supers causing him to be better perceived by the general public than the other supers. However he is disliked by some of the more anti-establishment members of the superhero community with many who consider him a sellout.

Far off in the distance their was a large plume of smoke raising from the complex, and if you got closer frequent bursts of gunfire could be heard from within. The invaders wore no insignia or logo and were clad in black military esque outfits with helmets that completely obscured their facial features. Their leader marched forward uninhibited wearing a gray cowboy hat and a matching trench coat.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »

PTM sighed as he walked home and encountered a facility being attacked by people in strange outfits. "WHY does this always happen to me?" With that he retrieved a pebble and shaped it into a concave disk, aiming the convex side at the invaders. He ran towards them while shattering the disk, and rock spikes fired out like a shotgun, hitting several invaders.
After realizing, he was going to be fired upon, PTM ducked, put a stone shield (of another pebble), then dove down and covered himself. "DANGIT DIDN'T THINK THIS THROUGH!"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 21, 2011, 09:39:13 pm »

He claims to know of me. Yet he has no information. I don't like this. I'll have to find out more about this person before I act again.

"If you don't have any information for me right now then I have no reason to work for you. Good day."

Not wanting to wait for the axe to fall 187 decided to leave. With that 187 used the ground that he stood on to launch himself upward and jump onto the rooftop of the building on the left leaving a small spire in his wake. He had to run fast. Once the blood was out of the car he would be dead. With a few steps he neared the edge of the building. He leaped in desperation, and luckily landed on the edge of the next roof. He had to hide for the night, and he knew just the place. Using windows as ledges he lowered himself into the alleys. Only a few blocks away was the abandoned warehouse where he landed, what better place to call home?

On the way home he noticed some posters in the alleyways. The Outcasts... might be interesting. They may even know something.

((Zako: I wouldn't want to underestimate 187's intellegence. Considering that he has lived a short life so far I'd say he is a very fast learner.))

Day 2: Subject 187 went to the river, just like the posters suggested. Maybe he was early. He DID lack a way of telling time. By this time the sun was nearly overhead. He started getting bored, and started sculpting a bust of Sir Issac Newton. He didn't do too bad a job either.

((We should finish the river meeting and THEN start the event. Shouldn't take long.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2011, 09:40:02 pm »

Devin was having a relatively average day. He did paper work in the morning, shuffling reports from the previous day and briefing the SED members on a possible Super insurrection, That's when the call came in. Suprisingly enough it came from Booster-One himself and not to the department but straight to Roydon. They have had quite an understanding relationship over the years and the Armorforce was in competition with the Buster Suits and he understood the fun the media would have if he had patched it straight to KPD. Devin quickly assembled a strike force of 15 SED, mostly armed with M14's with a M16 here or there, they all geared up. Roydon had decided to put on a slightly heavier vest with a neck guard and shoulder plates. He still had his trusty 1911 and this time he had decided to bring the Crasher with him. A heavy baton made out of multiple conductive alloys that can be electrified to a great degree and a round steel shield strapped to his back. Quickly did the SED team pack into squadcars. Speeding off towards the ArmorForce Complex he kept in contact with Booster-One

"Keep a head on things like you normally do. We're almost there."

and quickly did they arrive into a warzone. The masked invaders engaging with Armorforce personnel and Booster-One himself with gun-fire rattling from both sides. The SED troops stacked up quickly and Roydon barks out "KPD put do-" He is quickly interrupted with a bullet whizzing past his ear to which a SED operator quickly responds. "Try to take some alive boys!" Roydon yells as he removes the pistol from his holster. Using it to create covering fire for himself as he moves from cover to cover. Creeping up on the masked troops before getting in close range with them. He was obscured behind a corner and they were engaging the SED. Roydon then leaps out gripping both of their helmets and cracking them together, causing both men to slump to the ground which was littered from glass from their visors and then he decides to take cover again. SED are on the scene
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »

PTM decided it was safe and rose, using the covering as a shield, while grabbing another pebble and turning it into a rod. He took bullets with the shield (although it was rapidly falling apart) and used the rod to beat down invaders. He took a rifle shot to the shield, and it blasted apart, leaving him completely defenseless. HE batted the shooter down, before morphing the rod into armor over him. However, a thug knocked him over the head whilst he did this, knocking him to the floor. "OW!"

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 21, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »

Zeox was on the other side of town when the alert went out, he jumped on his bike and headed ofut, hoping to make it there on time
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 21, 2011, 09:56:16 pm »

Wei let 187 leave, raising an eyebrow as he watched him closely, analysing his physical capabilities.

Have it your way then. Perhaps he will be back later. But still, I have work to do. Time to find this facility, and better yet, where they are going to.

Hoping in the car, pulling all the blood he had gathered inside with him quickly, he stepped on the gas and headed to the docks as fast as possible.

Some time later...

Watching the last of the trucks leave the warehouse from the top of a nearby building through binoculars, he could see that they were covered in the same logo's as the last ones he has encountered. Apparently, this Beastmaster was pretty sure that he was safe, and for now he was. There was no point in attacking right now, they had probably moved the good stuff out first so it was long gone.

As the last trucks pulled out and into the main street, he decended back into his car using a seat of blood, and started the engine. Pulling out of the alley, he followed the trucks at a distance, making sure to never let them out of sight. He wouldn't attack tonight, this was just recon of a sort, and he had a meeting with a few underworld contacts to make later.

Take me to your leader, little minions... Him and all his expensive equipment...

((Can someone describe where the trucks are going? Just need a location and what it looks like.))

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:46 pm »

Roydon spotted the Geomancer get knocked down, He was on his side so he will help him out, maybe the favor will be returned. So Roydon holstered his pistol and unclipped the Crusher and his shield so that he could protect himself from some of the bullets that pinged off of his shield causing large dents in it as he rushed towards the Geomancer to help protect him. Smashing the heads of some of the attackers with his baton and clearing the area around him for now he turns to him.

"Name's Officer Roydon. SED. Lets clear this place out. I've got my guys behind me, Busters wont bother you when you're with me." He powers down the baton and reaches down to him with the shielded arm to help him up.
Raggle Fraggle

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 21, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »

The painted trucks were using the side streets and started heading east. It was clear that they didn't want to be seen As they continued it was clear that they were nearing the edge of the city, towards the river, and the docks. Before this theory could be proved the trucks drove through a make-shift roadblock a mere three blocks from the dockyard. There was still a chance that they were headed elsewhere, but it seemed unlikely.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2011, 10:07:14 pm »

"Thanks!" PTM got up and noticed something black out of the corner of his eye. "Behind you! Thug!" he shouted as he whirled around and stuck his pick into the guy who ws going to ambush Officer Roydon. "My name's Powder Talented Miner-long story-and I happened to be walking home from work when I saw this."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 21, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

Kine walked to the meeting place, taking a little path down the sewer lines and out a grating that drained into the water. He swung to the side and landed on a makeshift beach, there for the purpose of levy maintenance. There he sat, leaned up against the floodwall, waiting for supers to come. But then, he heard some sort of commotion down by the dock yards. Well, it sounds like we may be waiting here a bit longer.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 21, 2011, 10:34:15 pm »

((I guess I'll just write the commotion in...))

Looking up at the moving shadows from the road overlooking the beach where he sat he noticed the trucks with the unique paint jobs. It resembled the vans that everyone attacked yesterday. If he followed them maybe he would find the man he wanted to make suffer. Climbing up to the road he followed the trucks on foot. No need to be so brash when they can lead you there. The trucks ignored the robed figure on the side of the road, and headed toward a dockyard where the security stood guard. Looks like he would have to make some noise. Walking up to the two guards at the gate they stopped him. While one approached to tell 187 to just leave the other aimed an assault rifle at him. Using the ground to launch him at the first guard Subject 187 let out a massive primal cry as his body crashed into the guard's head. One down... He closed the distance between himself and the second guard. Running his hand along the ground he formed a blade running from the ground across the guard's throat tossing blood everywhere. The guard only managed to squeeze off one bullet, but it was enough to light up the docks like Christmas.

EDIT: ((Wei is going to LOVE finding wherever we go. I can't seem to stop killing people. No moral code is kind of weird like that.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:38:01 pm by The Fool »

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38