Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22402 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #210 on: September 20, 2011, 12:00:14 am »

Wei smiled once again, a wolf's grin, which he kept even though he felt a shudder through the ground.

Looks like somebody screwed around with an inhibitor... Oh well, to business.

"Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. I will of course release you, from this mortal coil that is. I cannot have you running your mouth after all. Goodbye."

The guards didn't even get a chance to scream before they were minced by the blood in the back seat. Sighing happily, he decided that it would be best to handle this chasing super. Pulling some of the blood from the backseat through the window, he made it over over his car and formed words in the air, facing the super.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 20, 2011, 07:44:50 am »

Upon seeing the words scrawled in blood 187 started looking around for something to create words with. Realizing he was standing on a surface he jumped upwards pulling the ground with him. As the ground rose he quickly knocked out four sideways letters I N F O using his long inhuman arms, the words structure became more unstable as he wrote, so he jumped forward back into a full sprint. The car got a bit more distant, but even if the car did stop he had no reason to trust someone employed by the man he was hunting. He would have to fight him.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:00 am »

(This post is behind the current time where most people are atm.)

Classified military incident. You could call someone firing missiles that, I guess. Arthur thought to himself.

"Well, besides apes tearing the place up, a dude making a wall of blood and a military dude in power armour, not much. I take it from the "classified" that you are not here about that?"
"Im Arthur, by the way. And you?" He added. There was a lot of information that he broadcasted, but a name was not one of them.

Arthur looked around for a moment and noticed someone burning a power nullifier. What the hell is he trying to accomplish with that? And the power nullifier exploded in a wave of energy.

Why would you set something on fire that might explode? Seriously, thats pretty stuOH SHIT!

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2011, 02:23:56 pm »

"Sergeant-at-Arms will suffice... and as I said, its classified."

Out of the corner of his eye, Karl saw someone set an inhibitor on fire... fire and high energy systems tended not to mix well, so he snapped his faceplate back into place just in time for the energy burst to momentarily overload his suits electronic sensory and control systems. Within a few seconds they were all back online, but the sensation of being trapped was highly unpleasant.

Karl decided that he had had enough of this situation. These amateurs were likley to hurt someone, there was gunk in his servo joints and there seemed to be little good he could do here, and his target had proved to be elusive. Most proably they had gone to ground when he arrived - chances are they would emerge once he was off the scene. He sent a message to control:

Mission SNAFU? Request evac and a clean suit.

This is a blank sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »

Hes leaving....safe for now. Damn glad he didnt hear that.
"Im gonna get going now, if you arent gonna tell me anything."
Arthur started walking to his home. This city was dangerous, and so was the military. They would be looking for him from now on. He would need some resources of his own if he was to accomplish anything without alerting them.

But then again, alerting them could be very fun. Simply monitoring things didnt seem like a thing he could do anymore. It was far too boring compared to shooting missiles and coming face-to-face with someone seeking him, but to not have him identify him.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2011, 08:34:12 pm »

Well, this is interesting indeed. Let's find out what he wants...

Snapping the car into a tight spin, the sports car squealed to a halt in a perfect park next to the curb.

Looks like those driving lessons paid off.

Wei stepped out of the car, some of the blood following him, and walked onto the sidewalk, leaving the car engine running. He also quietly slid the rest of the blood out of the car and down behind the other cars infront of him as he stood in the middle of the footpath, watching the super get closer.

This may get rough pretty quickly. Time to come up with a plan...

Holding both empty hands out to his sides, he raised them slightly in a shrug and waited for the other super to make the first move, the blood at his feet swirling all around him.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 21, 2011, 12:26:21 am »

Running up to the now stopped car 187 saw the man getting out of the car and waiting on the footpath. He had to be ready for anything. For all he knew this could all be a trap. Just to be sure he stood farther down the footpath and called out with his rough strained voice. "I'm looking for your employer. I think he may know me, and I've got a score to settle. I'm not going to let you leave until I know where he is."

187 glowed faintly as he spoke, slowly reshaping the ground underneath him without a sound, readying it to spring forward. He had to be ready if he didn't talk.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 21, 2011, 02:11:28 am »

"I'll leave if I want to. The only reason that you aren't dead right now is because I'm curious."

Wei's face was perfectly blank, a skill he had practiced hard to perfect and was quite proud of. In his mind however, was a different story.

He's looking for someone. Who? Odds are someone that he thinks is connected with the vans before, perhaps that Beast Master fellow. What does he want? Not sure, I can't really read him all that well due to his altered body. Revenge perhaps? Why does he think I work for this person? Does he actually know who I am or not? Is he human? No, probably not judging by the body structure and the green goop, as well as the lack of blood. Odds are, he is ready to give me a run for my money if need be.

Wei slowly spread the blood from the left side of the car down further towards the other super, hiding it behind and under the cars. The other super wasn't sure of the range of his abilities, but Wei was thankfully only about 30 meters away from him. Looking around his environment, his eyes disguised of their movement by the glasses he wore, he could see a store front inbetween them, some various shops and a apartment block as well.

"What kind of score exactly?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:29 am »

"The person who created me kept me as an experiment. If I tried to leave I was tortured and prodded at on my return. They even started making me live next to a power inhibitor. I want my creator to suffer and beg for his life, and right now you're stopping me from finding him. So if you don't want a fight just tell me where he is." The ground underneath him was now heavily compacted and ready to move, the only thing holding it back was 187.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 21, 2011, 10:11:14 am »

Hmmm... An experiment he says... I remember reading something about various super experiments that have been going on. Interesting...

Wei is silent, pushing his glasses up his nose with a single finger, head bowed in thought. After another moment, he looked up again at the other super.

"I am currently not working for anyone, and have not done so for some time. I prefer working on my own, since I know who to trust then."

Cocking his head to the side, he gives a slight grin, one that would be capable of chilling a normal person to the bone.

"However, I may still be of assistance. What is your name and what can you do?"

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 21, 2011, 10:29:13 am »

"The people at the facility called me Subject 187. I kept the name. As for what I can do..."

He knew it was risky to take away an advantage, but this was a negotiation. He stopped glowing and without warning the ground 4 feet around him gave way turning into a small field of large spikes. Running his hand along one of the front spikes he shaped it into a stone knife with the metal of the stone forced onto the blade's edge.

"I can do this with most materials, which is why they needed an inhibitor to hold me. What kind of help do you need? Perhaps we can yet reach an agreement. I'll help you, and you can give me the information I need. A fair enough of a trade."

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2011, 01:59:50 pm »

Soon, the sound of emergency sirens can be heard across the city. Now that the more extreme dangers of the super's haphazard combat was over, emergency crews were responding to 911 calls across the area. Quickly, they began finding civilians trapped in rubble, people trapped in cars, and began tagging the bodies of those people who were not so lucky to get away in time. Were it not for such recklessness on the super's part, many more lives could have been saved. Or at least that's what the news said the next day. But as the day comes to a close, two super's stand talking, possibly forming an alliance that will shake the city to it's roots. Meanwhile, supers return to their places of residation, and the city feels safe for now.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »

Kine had in his mind a goal. He had never known just how many supers were in this city, or how many were willing to show themselves. He began walking around town, plastering flyers everywhere. On the flyers is "ATTENTION ALL SUPERS. Are you tired of the discrimination of there mere humans? Do you wish to have a proper, respected place in this society? Join me, in the fight for equality. We will be equal, or we will kill them all. Meet me by the Kaleno river at noon. There, those who wish to be recognized will have an outlet for their fury at the injust."       ((NOT a world event. Just some recruitment action. The group (if formed) will interact with world events in a normal manner, though in character with the groups ethics.))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 21, 2011, 06:06:31 pm »

After waking up and feeling a little bit better, he began mining at the spot he was supposed to go to, gaining another boulder's worth of andesite before he stumbled upon aluminum ore. Wow. He pebble-fied the boulder slowly ocmpacting it, while he deposited the ore in the spot it was suppose to go to. The mining company picked it up, and the job was done. Now to take care of things here, before he left.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2011, 06:21:55 pm »

Devin was making his rounds with the recovery teams. He walked around the site of the battle with a small clipboard in hand but it was only for marking down projected recovery costs. The Busters had left long ago, No Supers, No reason to be there. The left their mess for Devin and the rest of the SED. As he's making his rounds through the few devistated blocks he spots some of the posters that Kine had posted. This kid had a good idea at heart but he'll cause a shitstorm. Media and Politicians would pick up on it and then there would a complete Buster lock down. He taps his ear radio "Take down the posters. Try to keep any media away from them. We may have a storm brewing boys"
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38