Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22400 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »

Zako,dirt and rock didnt fly to the pebble, the pebble itself is a super-condensed boulder.

PTM was trapped in blood and frantically called the boulder back, as a claw which he guided to his hand to claw the blood off. After freeing himself, he turned to the others and freed them before getting to work destroying the vans and seeing if he freed anyone. "Gargh.... That wa disgusting... Are you two okay?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2011, 08:45:05 pm »

((Oh sorry, I didn't realise that's what you did. It helps to describe what you are doing so we can react to it better. Editing now.))

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:53 pm »

Alex, arriving at the scene of the recent fight, aimed at the car and fired a few shots, but they went wide - he wasn't great with guns, and the gun wasn't great either.  He soon left the scene - It was late, he was somewhat hurt, and he figured it would be good to get out before the military arrived, whether or not he had actually done anything wrong.  He had a lot to think about anyway.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:19:27 pm by Draxis »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:02 pm »

Zeox drove up to the site of the recent fight.'

"Ahhh I missed it? Guys what happened here?"
It's FEF, not FEOF

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2011, 12:52:46 am »

Building up speed 187 realized just how drained he was from his escape from the plane. Running now felt like moving on air. With a jump he dived through the glass window on the other side of the building. Without breaking a stride he landed and began running towards the direction the vans were heading before he had phased through the wall. There were unnatural sounds of metal shifting, and people shouting, there was still time. He arrived shortly after the bullets flew from the far end of the wreckage. He stopped for a moment at the street junction just before the wreckage. There didn't appear to be any more fighting, but then he saw it. The Inhibitor.

Having to live beside such a horrible device since creation kind of makes you remember it, and those memories weren't always pretty. It kept you from fighting back, but take down a cube and suddenly your guards didn't have a chance. It's how he got out; they got careless. Not seeing any fighting he rushed over to the cube, and proceeded to ram it's side. The cube toppled over from the force after deforming into a vague crescent-like shape. It wasn't as satisfying as he thought. Disappointed at the cube's demise he went to search the drivers. Any hint at who made him would be useful.

Searching the bodies while the others talked and regrouped proved uneventful. Other than the plain light grey coveralls they weren't carrying anything incriminating. Shame.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:07 am »

As he drove, Wei knew that time was critical. This 'beast master', who was overly into himself he might add, might be packing up house as he spoke. Undoing both gags of the drivers as he drove, Wei spared a cold glance at the guard beside him.

"I want to know where you were going. Tell me your destination and what is there and I'll let you live. Don't, and I'll rip you apart right here and now. You have five seconds to decide. By the way, here is some proof that I am serious."

He promtly cut off the left hand of the man sitting next to him with a disc of blood, stopping the bleeding himself.

"5... 4... 3..."

((Can someone else play the guard for a single action? Just say what he says, just consider that he is now absolutely terrified of the man asking him questions and has just lost a hand.))

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:49 am »

The guard looked rather worried, and his words were becoming higher pitched and strained as he spoke. "W-we were just trying to do our job. Draw attention away from the facility while things were moved around. We c-couldn't risk the supers finding out about it so we did something to make them look the other way. I-I did m-my job. J-just don't kill us, we're on the same side for god's sake! Please! I don't know anything else, just let me live." The guard started crying hysterically.

((If someone wants to add more to it feel free.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:26:34 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2011, 01:01:07 pm »

Untangling himself from the bucled doors, Karl was angry. Not at the freak that had somehow used blood as a weapon. His anger was directred at both whoever decided to order him to wait there, whoever got him to chase empty trucks, and at himself for allowing someone to get the drop on him so easily. The "jellied" blood presented no long term damage potential to his suit, but until he could get the main joints washed out it was going to be a pain to move at any sort of speed. Getting hit by 2 thrown doors due to this inhibition to his movement was just embarrasing - a number of fresh scratches to the torso and upper legs would help him remember to be less complacent next time he saw the person responsible for his bruised pride. For now, until someone back at base could give him some meaningful and consistent orders, Karl needed to find a carwash.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:05:55 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2011, 02:31:28 pm »

((I left before Zako answered - ignore my previous post))

The pain was unbearable for James. It was the first time in his life someone had injured him seriously. He heard the others get free, and the super he had talked to earlier come back. The geomancer asked if he was ok, the man with the weird arm said nothing and the other super asked what had happened - while James was bleeding out. He cursed his own stupidity for wasting so much energy, cursed the blood manipulator, and cursed the three others.

The first time he tried to say something he only managed to gurgle. He tried again, louder this time, and managed to say a few words.

"Break... The... P-power inhibitor..."

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2011, 02:45:27 pm »

The super on the ground was clearly in a bad way. After thier desperate request it was clear that the inhibitor was the cause of this. Karl held no fear of these as his abilities were the result of technological enhancement rather than natural "gifts". The unfortunate individual had been humiliated in a similar manner to himself, so Karl thought giving him a chance at revenge was the right thing to do: a few AP rounds into the inhibitor produced some pleasing spakrs and the tell tale smell of broken electrical technology.

Now for a return favour. His voice sounded metallic and hollow when relayed through the suit... whilst the supers in the area were not yet allies, they were also not yet enemies.

Assuming there is no ultrasonic or microgranule cleaning equipped tech labs in the area, I could really use a high pressure water hoze... is there one in this area?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:26:58 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2011, 02:59:07 pm »

With the man in the armour being slightly immobilized, this might be the only chance Arthur would have of confronting him. Naturally he was far more comfortable with manipulating things from a distance, but the fact that he didnt know Arthur could manipulate his comms was something worth preserving.

Arthur came out from behind a corner where he had quietly observed the whole thing. And closed in on the man in armour.

"Hey, why are you here anyway?" Arthur said, feigning ignorance in hopes of gaining more information.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2011, 03:01:03 pm »

"How do you think the inhibitors would respond to being set on fire?" asked Zeox holding up a box of matches
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:10:04 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2011, 03:05:33 pm »

Karl retracted his faceplate into the chest cavity of the suit. A human face might get more answers than an armoured faceplate studded with obscure sensory apparatus.

"Sent to investigate a classified military incident. Seen anything unusual?"
This is a blank sig.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:11 pm »

All of a sudden, the pain was gone. The hole in his chest closed as his body evolved to heal it, his skin was covered of metal, and about a second later he was strong enough to get up easily, the sticky blood no longer restraining him. His savior asked for a high pressure water hose, and James whispered a little "Sorry, I don't have any" - an obvious answer. Another man joined them, but he asked a question to the man in armor, so James ignored him. To the other super, he simply said:

"I don't know, but I would like to see the result. Burn that thing..." and to all of them, he added: "My name is James. Thank you for your help today - especially you, the guy in armor. For now I'm leaving - I am going to find and kill quite a powerful super tomorrow, I need all my energy. If we meet again, I'll remember this day."

And with that he left.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2011, 03:25:23 pm »

Zeox went over to the nearest inhibitor and after some thinking, placed down some of the gel and lit it up.He then piled on scraps of clothe obtained from the bodies of the guards and drivers to feed the flame.

(Someone else post how it reacts)
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38