Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22396 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2011, 05:32:21 pm »

Devin listens to the radio chatter from the Buster Squads pick up all across the police bands and groans slightly. These guys, These guys got his jimmies in a bunch when everyone else failed to, But they had the political support and the little kids had the action figures so he didnt complain too much about them. Procedure was for him to remain on site and assist and neccisary. So he did, Begrudgingly
Raggle Fraggle

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2011, 05:56:19 pm »

Powder Talented Miner collapsed painfully to his knees. "Oh godddd, I'm beaten up..." He got up slowly and decied to walk back home. He couldn't get his job done like this, so he started going, he would rest for a bit, let himself heal.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2011, 06:03:16 pm »

The apes had proven relatively easy to deal with, once the other supers began coordinating their efforts, or so it seemed. They just seemed to spontaneously blow up in a rather grizzly display, leaving behind a little hologram message. A snooty little old man, some geezer with the lame name of 'beast master', delivered a rather sneering condescending speech to the gathered supers. Something about other specimens being collected. Or at least what Amanda could hear listening from a nearby alley. It was something her benefactor would probably want to know about.

But later. She heard the sounds of sirens approaching. And it wouldn't do for her to be caught in the area with a backpack full of stolen goods. She would be getting enough flak for getting seen in the area, let alone stopping long enough to save the man from the apes. It wouldn't do to add an arrest to the problems so far. Assuming that the sirens were merely police. If they were the buster squad, then all bets were off. They took a hard line on the heroes, but for criminals like herself, they tended to shoot first and ask questions later. Either way, she needed to leave the scene, and fairly quickly. She ducked back into the alley, and made her way down it, coming to a parking lot.

Glancing around to make sure no one was in the area watching her, she went up to a plain looking, off white truck. Using a finger of her artificial hand to break the lock, she opened it up and slid into the seat. Getting a few tools out of a pouch, she popped open the ignition and began fiddling with a few wires. Before long, the engine started, and she began pulling out to leave the scene before any authorities arrived. As she did so, she wondered what the collected supers would do. Would they give chase to the vans with the victims? She was half tempted to do so herself, something that annoyed her to no end.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2011, 06:17:29 pm »

Kathryn Aquatic Animal Transformation, Captured!

She had a momentary feeling tumbling, then blackness...not even time for panic.

She just been watching the fight-in the form of a frog, anyway-from what she thought was the safety of a small fountain, when one of the Apes happened to pass by, and sniff the air.

Apparently, they were able to detect her somehow. The beast had crushed her with a single blow of his fist. By the virture of her superpowers, though, what would have killed a normal frog only heavily wounded her.

She woke up in the cage of a van, her injuries seemingly healed. Her first thought was to shift-back to a Human, before it was too late...but something was wrong. Her powers were not working! She spotted the reason a moment later.

The familiar Reddish Purple Squares-the image of Buster Super-Inhibitors. The brainchild of Arnold Powers-they could all but suck the energy from any superbeing in short time, turning them into more or less a normal human while they remained near them.

Of course, the range was extremely short, but they were the best tool for keeping supers in lock up, helpless. Now Kathryn panicked. If she spent too long as a frog...she would never change back. A pretty pathetic end, really. She didn't see any way to free herself, so she merely settled down for a long nap, hoping that when she woke up, her mind would still be her own.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:05 pm »

When James finally understood what was happening, he was angry. He did'nt really care about the 'beast master', yet another villain trying to look evil in a city with too much supers to survive as a bad guys. The vans, however, pissed him off. Supers, captured by Busters? He was going to teach them. For now, he was heavily defended and perfectly capable of attacking; he felt like he could handle this. He turned towards the remaining supers, and talked to all of them. He was a man with a strong voice, and everyone could hear him.

"I don't know about you people, but I'm gonna chase the vans, find the supers they've taken, free them, and kill anyone trying to stop me. If you're with me, let's go... We don't have much time left."

And he started running after the vans. At first he was quite slow, but slowly his skin changed from rock to metal, and his legs seemed to get stronger. After a few minutes, he was going as fast as any car, and he had good hopes of catching up.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2011, 07:30:18 pm »

Powder Talented Miner topped, realized what the vans were, and agreed to come with the guy. THe job would have had to wait a few days anyway... He started hobbling after him, took a pebble,and shaped it into a thin covering-suit around him from the waist below, which he would control with his powers, and would allow him to run fast without hurting his legs. He ran after the guy.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »

Alex was about to head home for his gear, but when he heard the stone man, he decided to go with them. "I'm going too."
He runs after the other two, making great good but not quite as good as the others.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »

((I was hoping to join this. I'll need to catch up in the reading and write a story. It might be overpowered but I rolled Destruction. I'm thinking that I can only use the power once every 2-4 days. Since it's basically an insta-win against one person it should almost leave me dead. I'll have to get by with a spear, just to be weird. This post was mainly to call dibs on destruction (even if the powers rebound might kill me).

If destruction isn't alright I'll go for the second roll of Matter Transmutation.))

EDIT: ((Didn't realize there was an OOC thread. Sorry. Anyone else roll Peanut Butter Manipulation?))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:51:30 pm by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2011, 09:29:10 pm »

Zeox nodded at James and retrieved his bike, driving after them to aid in the pursuit.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2011, 10:46:00 pm »

((I'm game on joining this if possible. Let's see if my RPing skills are up to scratch.

I got Blood Manipulation. Nice! http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Manipulation))

He saw them leaving after the trucks. The supers. He saw the fear and panic in their eyes, and he knew they were afraid of what might happen to them or the others. He recognised the fear, it was universal between humans after all, and he had seen more than his fair share. He had seen it in the eyes of the fallen, silently screaming on the inside as they were struck down by the apes. He had watched the whole affair from the darkness of an alley, taking no part of the battle whatsoever. Turning, he walked down the alley to his car, a light grey sports car, deciding to head after these trucks.

He had no real name, he discarded it long ago as it served no purpose to him. He was known as Wei Lung, otherwise known as the Crimson Man, a widely known and feared killer. He had medium length black hair tied back in a ponytail, pale white skin, a carefully shaven face, narrow nose and eyes, pitch black blood shot eyes, and a carefully chosen wardrobe consisting of a black long coat, faded black jeans, combat boots, a red t-shirt, a black bandana tied around his neck and an expensive looking steel digital watch. He was currently going casual/undercover and kept his trademark black suit and red cotton button up shirt and black tie in a bag in the passenger seat of the car he 'borrowed' as of recently. He was always a classy man at heart, and liked to look dignified and focused on business, of which is currently at the forefront of his mind.

As he walked, a large portion of the blood from the supers and the apes flowed through the gutters after him, climbing the masonry, trickling down the alley behind him and flowing into a blod inside the car that he stepped into. It wasn't even his car, it belonged to a business man that had been caught in the traffic jam nearby. He wasn't needing it anymore, not since Wei decided to take it for himself. The poor man had burst like a ballon in under 5 seconds, Wei was feeling generous today after all and decided to get it over with quickly. As he pulled quietly out of the alley, he reached over to the bag with his suit inside and withdrew a pair of military grade anti-flash sunglasses and put them on.

Best to stay incognito for now. Those trucks are the priority for now, and I must ensure that at least one reaches the destination it is headed for.

He wasn't after the occupants of the trucks at all, they had no use and only got in the way. What he was after was the technology used to make those apes. He had seen and indeed felt the metal parts inside the constructs, those parts which he had no control over, and knew that these things were not born, but were made in a lab. And the machines used to make these things were surely expensive and even priceless to the right buyers. He was going to find the hideaway of this 'Beast Master', and rob him blind for pure profit. He had done it before with Lord Chaosium and Mental Master, and had made quite a profit from selling their machines to the black market. He knew that this was an opportunity too good to miss.

Payday, here I come...

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2011, 11:27:51 pm »

Rick (Nothing manipulating scientist):

"Good sirs and ladies. I am a man of science, I control the pure power of the void itself!... and I'm going to pass on this one."

He then proceeded to go buy (steal) a coffee, head to a library and attempt to retrace his life using only his physical appearance and his knowledge of his final experiment.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2011, 12:57:17 am »

Karl saw the building crumble in the middle distance. A burst of static in his image feed disturbed him momentarily before writing it off as nothing - that had only happened once before during and EMP test, but Karl knew there was no way an EMP burst could be set off in the inner city without someone noticing. The "heroes" responsible for this then seemed to enter into a heated discussion, before moving off together. Local tactical maps showed a smal number of trucks heading away from the incident site in the same general direction - the one taken by the supers. Karl cared little for whatever problem the trucks represented, but if the Supers were following the trucks, then so would he. Whilst the suit could only make two thirds the speed of a truck, Karl had the advantage of knowing exactly where they were, and would continue to do so as long as he had a stable uplink to the MilNet.
This is a blank sig.

aaron32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2011, 02:05:08 am »

"Finally, home sweet home."
Aaron Went around his home, checking everything to make sure it was still intact.
"I really need to get a better house. But how?"
He got thinking about how he was going to get a better house, but the humans would not let anyone that is half bat ever go around their city. "Maybe i can get them to want to give me a better house....."
(Probably Ex)Admin on Urist McStation, A space station 13 server.
Link: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123140.0

It's pretty cool. Check it out.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2011, 09:39:02 am »

Powder Talented Miner couldn't run quite as fast as the others in this thing, but a van was stuck bhind some wrecked cars, thankfully. It had just started to brak through when Powder Talented Miner caught up, removing the stone suit and turning it into a spiked pole which he jammed into the van's roof and had shorten nd deposit him on the van roof, tethered to the van and his foot. "I'm coming iiiinnnnn!" Powder Talented Miner took out his copper pick and began stabbing at the roof, opening it slowly with the pick.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2011, 09:59:30 am »

((How many vans is there?))

The vans had been slowed down by car wrecks, and after a bit of running they had catched up with them. Leaving the geomancer with his van (he looked like he could handle it), James managed to get in front of the others. While they were slowed down by the debris on the road, they were still moving, and he had only one idea to stop them. He stopped running in the middle of the street, at three meters of the first van.

"Stop your vehicle or-"

The van crashed into him with a loud "BANG". James was a bit stunned by the hit, but his plan had worked. The vans were no longer moving.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 38