Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)  (Read 22320 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« on: September 13, 2011, 06:33:06 pm »

I was inspired to make this by a thread I saw on another forum which also used the concept of the random page button on the Superpower wiki. So here's the idea. This is a freeform roleplaying game. You can jump in whenever you want and leave whenever you want. You can do what you want in the game. However there are a few rules.

1. When you want to enter the game you must go to The Super Power Wiki and click the random page button to determine what power you have. Please remember to post a link to the resulting page in your entry post

2. You are encouraged to reroll if you get something godlike such as Omniscience or Omnipotence or something like that. Or if you wind up on a administration or vandalization page.

3. No god modding without reason and all that other basic freeform game rules

4. If you wind up leaving/abandoning the game please post a message notifying that.Also in the message it would be preferred if you stated whether you would prefer your character to be killed off or put on a bus. This is mostly to prevent hordes of characters who appear and then stop existing for no reason. Also to provide cannon fodder.

5.Don't be so ultra serious so that it spoils the game for everyone else

6. Have fun!   ;D

I'll start

Energy Punch

High above the city a young man stood. He had somehow managed to sneak his way onto the roof of a skyscraper and was currently standing there in a dramatic manner with his scarf flapping in the wind. He wore a simple costume made up of a black tracksuit with blue markings, and he was carrying a matching motorcycle helmet with an opaque visor under his right arm. He had heard that this place, the city called Kaleno, was well known as a location where many heroes and villains made their residence. Whether this made it a good or bad place to live, nobody was sure. It certainly was very exciting at the least. He pondered back upon the moment he had touched that strange figurine he had found, upon whence it transferred the power it carried into him.
 "Well there's no turning back now." the man said. He then placed the helmet over his head, turned around, and began to make his descent back to street level.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:01:58 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lets All Have Superpowers! (A freeform game)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »

Zeus stepped through the dark portal and into the city. Kaleno, she had called it. He wondered what exactly he was supposed to do, but he knew that whatever his dark lady requested. After all, he was certainly a tough customer. Zeus snapped his fingers at the thought. The spark of lightning made its own small crack of echoing thunder in the enclosed alleyway. The young man blinked the afterimage from his eyes, then broke into a wide smile. "So this city is good for my powers, huh?"

((Zues, weather controller http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Weather_Manipulation. He certainly thinks that he's better than anyone else, but he's pretty immature generally. With Weather manip as a power, seemed like pulling him from my own setting would be fun.))
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit:
Nothingness Manipulation
As the researchers began to close the system, the short one spoke up. "Why are we even doing this? what purpose could experiments between antimatter, dark matter and progressive entrophy possibly lead to?" The taller one beside him replied "Relax, this can't be dangerous, we have billions of dollars worth of failsafes and we don't even know if they'll rea-" He was cut short, not by surprise or an explosion, but simply a lack of existing.

The shorter researcher opened his eyes to see himself at the bottom of a crater, it seemed that the failsafes did work, but not as they had expected. The antigravity chamber was still there, but everything else wasn't.He was the only person standing in the Alpha ray field when the entrophy in the chamber had peaked. Despite this, he felt no grief or anger, just annoyance and... excitement. As he looked at the chamber, he gestured his hand at it as if to shoo it away, but a wave of what cound only be described as antimatter smashed into the box, creating a burst of blackish light and a sudden lack of a chamber. The researcher then proceeded to raise his eyebrow as everything he knew about the laws of physics was proven wrong.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:36:12 pm by Sinpwn »

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »

Nail Manipulation
Alex Wilson landed almost gracefully on the metal beam.  His grey trenchcoat, badass looking but cliche, blowing dramatically in the wind.  Construction sites were a very good place to practice his skills, necessary as his power was not the greatest for anything but close fights.  It wasn't long since he had discovered his power, and since then he had spent his time training himself for... whatever heroes do.  He came up and started running the rest of the path he set out for himself, as the workers would return from lunch soon.

((A resident of the city who had gradually developed his power over several years.  He decided to become a hero, so he began training himself in his free time.  He is quite strong and agile, as well as being decent at parkour.  However, he has zero experience heroing.))

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »

Evolution
James was walking in the streets of Kaleno, trying to find a restaurant. People looked at him with intrigued (or scared) looks, and he knew why. Earlier this morning, he was hit by a car while he was going to his hotel. His skin was still made of titanium, and it was pretty easy to see from far away. He had heard that many heroes and villains lived in this city. A lot of people with superpowers. Alot of people who could help him.

((To keep things interesting, my character won't be able to evolve at will.))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 08:52:10 pm »

Zeox finally managed to outrun the security guards that had noticed him trying to sneak down, and ducked into an alleyway to change into his civilian clothes. He began to wonder about the practicality of using a motorcycle helmet as part of an outfit that he intended to carry around with him without anyone noticing. When he was done he began wandering the city looking out for trouble.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 09:08:41 pm »

Aquatic Animal Transformation

Kathryn would have scowled as the little Marlin got away from her, if she would have been able to. As a sleek grey bottlenose Dolphin, though, her facial features were somewhat limited. Well, there would always be more fish. It was a joy to swim today, anyway, so why be glum? Far above her, brilliant shafts of sunlight arched downward to a sandy seabed, like slanted pillars, and below her small silver bubbles rose in silence to the world of air above. There was a World under here which Human eyes had never been able to truly conceive.

Her Dolphin form was remarkable today-somewhat small, perfectly formed, young and healthy, with the half crescent white spot on her forehead-after a little study in aquatic anatomy, she had done the transformation in half the time, and without any of the usual problems...

Her powers had first manifested at the age of 11-she had fallen in a pond, and in her panic, transformed herself into a copy of her family goldfish. She was quite alarmed at the time-even more so when realizing she didn't know how to change back! But, she did figure it out eventually-her will was her form, tied into any sort of aquatic creature. She willed it so...and it was. Of course, mimicking the animal form perfectly was not that easy-she had to visualize, in perfect detail what it was she intended to become-internal and external. Even the slightest mistake could have dire consquences, but she believed the days of almost drowning herself were over.

Hard won lessons beget valuable experience. She was sure if she hadn't been fast today, that poor old man might have drowned when he got pulled out to sea. But the strange, distrusting stares from the shore-most of them recognized her crescent birthmark, which she could never phase out, no matter what form she was in, they knew who she was-had given Kathryn a very sour mood uptill now.

Kathryn was struck by a moment of sincere melancholy. Eventually, she would have to return to the world above-and those people. She knew how easy it was, to stay like this. That was the danger...spending too much time in one form, her Human mind began to fade...it was sort of terrifying, because of how potent a temptation it was to abandon the cold, cruel world she knew...well, she wouldn't let it happen today, at least.

So, she concentrated on life-as a Human. The man who had talked to her-of "Heroes" and "Villians", had made some good points. While she preferred natural forms, she could shape her body into a more...combat capable form. She didn't like to, but sometimes it was a worthy sacrifice.

As Kathryn turned about, and flippered back to shore-and away from the allure of the forbidden deeps that dominated her dreams-she wondered what the future held...if she might become a Heroine, or maybe just run away from everything, or even if...

Hey, another fish! She thought, abandoning her train of thought to pursue it. Fish! FISH!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 09:10:20 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:52:14 pm »

(Is it okay to reroll if you get a power you don't like?)
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:02 pm »

(Wanted to join this but.. I cannot decide what powers to have. And I'd rather not chose something.. overpowered.)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »

(Is it okay to reroll if you get a power you don't like?)

(It's prefferred to stick with the one you receive in order to encourage creativity in the application of difficult to use powers, also because of the whole spirit of using the random button. But what's the one that's troubling you? If it's something that really really bothering you...)

(Wanted to join this but.. I cannot decide what powers to have. And I'd rather not chose something.. overpowered.)
(Tis what the random button's for)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

(Would Cthulhu be considered an aquatic creature?)

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:33 pm »

(It's prefferred to stick with the one you receive in order to encourage creativity in the application of difficult to use powers, also because of the whole spirit of using the random button. But what's the one that's troubling you? If it's something that really really bothering you...)
(Nah, I just thought it was a lame power. Oh well, guess I'm stuck with concussion beams. I'll start tomorrow.)
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 10:03:26 pm »

(Would Cthulhu be considered an aquatic creature?)

(...maybe? Yes I suppose...)
It's FEF, not FEOF

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:48 pm »

(Tis what the random button's for)

Completely forgot about your rules.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:52 pm »

James Kine, Tentacle Extension. ||| As james was walking down the busy street, he felt that familiar tugging at the back of his navy blue hoodie. Something in the back of his mind was begging to be released. NOW. He dodged into an alley and saw a stray cat. He quickly unzipped his hoodie and 6 pitch black tentacle like things swung around, menacing needles on the end dripping with deadly poison. He aimed one at the cat and contracted a muscle inside of the tentacle, and the needle shot out and impaled the cat. It was unconcious within 5 seconds, and dead within 20. Inside of his head a familiar voice mocked him. "Killed again, did we James?" James tried to shut it out. Kilian, it was called, and it had been with him since the age of nine. ((James has 6 poison needle tipped tentacles protruding from his back. He also has a murderous split personality called Kilian. Often, James cant resist kilians commands.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38