Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Man jailed for trolling  (Read 18319 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Man jailed for trolling
« Reply #300 on: September 24, 2011, 03:25:35 pm »

I like the way you've completely contradicted yourself.  From "It's irrelevant whether someone committed suicide or not" to "Oh, noone committed suicide?  Then clearly it's not important".

I especially like it when I accidently said I should assume what the topic is about and that I should instead read on it. >_<

Though there isn't a contradiction. My issue was people who weren't concerned with horrible behavior unless something horrible resulted from it creating some sort of hypocritical behavior.

If someone harassed people and people recognised that "yes harassment was bad" then I have no problem with that (While I have a problem with people ignoring the harassment until something bad happens)... though it seems a bit tame for this to even get in this topic.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 24, 2011, 03:43:55 pm »

Have you read the story yet?  It's not particularly tame.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 24, 2011, 03:50:14 pm »

You don't get it, I think : what neonivek said is, "a guys got caught slandering someone, harassing her family and got punished, big deal. Why are we still discussing this"
In a "what happened is perfectly logical and not emotionally disturbing thus not really worthy of discussion sense".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 03:51:53 pm by Phmcw »
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 26, 2011, 07:18:43 am »

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/09/26/christian-street-preacher-told-gay-couple-to-burn-in-hell/

Sorry for the double post but I didn't want to create a new topic.
Street preacher verbally abuse gay couple in England "you'll burn in hell etc", get charged for public disorder (intentionally causing harm, distress).

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 26, 2011, 07:30:24 am »

Okay. I can get the distress part. I don't agree with the guy. But intentionally causing harm? I'd rate that as physical, mental, social, or spiritual harm, which would be different from distress.

(For spiritual harm, if someone who has a belief in something, and believe it's the only route to salvation or heaven or whatever, and then leads you astray, that's spiritual harm. Social harm, cutting you off from friends or society at large. Mental...substituting mind altering drugs, causing psychiatric problems to surface, etc, and physical harm should be obvious)

If they are able to get on with their life straight away (and, of course, it doesn't resurface in the next, say, five years or after examination by psychiatrist they are rated as 'clean'), then I don't believe that that would count as mental harm.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:35 am »

Threatening someone with eternal torture because you don't agree with his life style count as attempting to cause emotional harm in my book.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 26, 2011, 10:24:45 am »

Threatening someone with eternal torture because you don't agree with his life style count as attempting to cause emotional harm in my book.

Assuming that people are stupid enough to take crackpot extremist street preachers seriously. In my book their imprecations carry less weight than when somebody happens to shout "go to hell" in a heated argument.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 26, 2011, 10:28:40 am »

Yeah everyone is the same as you so they shouldn't be offended.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 26, 2011, 11:12:27 am »

So do we have a precedent for locking up all the WBC members?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 26, 2011, 11:44:34 am »

Once again, only in the UK.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 26, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 04:52:24 am by Ogdibus »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 27, 2011, 05:53:59 am »

Man jailed for trolling man jailed for trolling!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 27, 2011, 06:00:10 am »

I hope to see a "Man trolled for jailing man jailed for trolling."

Man jailed for trolling man trolled for jailing man jailed for trolling.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 27, 2011, 06:01:06 am »

Jail manned by trolls?
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 27, 2011, 06:28:51 am »

Man trolled by jails?
Jail trolled by mans?
Man jailed by trolls?
Troll manned by jails?
Troll jailed by mans?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22