???

Yep
- 0 (0%)
'unno
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 12:30:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 335

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG! (DEAD.)  (Read 404949 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG! (I spell stuff wrong even when I'm not referencing SBaHJ!)
« Reply #2805 on: February 06, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »

>Something Horrible: Now that the 8-foot OP guardian is down, happen.

Just then, an enormous sea serpent showed up and ate everybody.

Actually, no. Ha, I mean, could you imagine?

>Mikheal: Proper Timeskip.

Mikhael is currently strutting about on his planet, separated from the main group. Perhaps he should check in with one of his fellow players?

Wait... why would Riccto write up Brian's removal? Shouldn't it be Theros or whatever due to TB hacking the universe?

Not that I care, I'm more interested in getting someone else in.

TB will be handling the planet replacement. Brian's removal is a... Separate matter. Dun dun dun.

I guess its going to be a combo effort considering both LH and TB are taking part in it.

NINJAS EVERYWHERE.

"hell00 fell00w adventurer. it seems that i am n00t the 00nly 00ne attracted to this wreck" Smile

You greet the turtle and smile awkwardly around your rebreather. The turtle looks up in mild surprise before swimming over to you.

"An adventurer, you say? No. No, I am no adventurer. I had hoped that perhaps some Prospitians yet lived in the bowels of this great metal beast, but alas, it seems they have all perished. It is truly sad. And who might you be?"

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: February 06, 2012, 09:26:44 pm »

I still suppory the idea of having someone else play Brian. It just seems like a very rash and extreme action to take, esspecially considering he is a big part of some personal stories.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: February 06, 2012, 09:38:13 pm »

The problem with having someone else play Brian is he's not pick up and play like a generic RTD character. He's a well-developed character with interesting ties to other characters, an actual backstory and a large player in determining the direction the session has gone. Playing a character like that without creating them is difficult to do because the character is not personal to the player and they don't know them well. If it were me roleplaying him now, I'd feel like it was a challenge instead of a compelling experience, which is just not something most people enjoy in an RP-based game.

Unless someone that's already been playing volunteers to play him, I think it's a bad idea to ask a newcomer to play his character. I don't particularly like just pushing him off the metaphorical forum game ledge, especially for the reasons you described, but the alternative is less optimal.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: February 06, 2012, 10:07:21 pm »

Yes, I realize your points, but still, how are we going to make a new character to replace him and not make the reason sound like complete bullshit? Sburb is almost completely closed off from Earth once all the players join. Chances are we arent going to be able to contact Earth, outside of Exiles, and thats, like, a great many years in the future! Its unlikely that a game construct would join us, and we sure as hell aint getting any of the Trolls to help us (Which is pretty worse). And even if we had contact with another session, Its a big stretch to say one of them would join us.

And one of the biggest problems in the way of replacing Brian is something you have said before. He is already an important and well established character. He is ingrianed in the plot as a very long time friend of three other players and the one who introduced half of them to it. How can we just get someone to replace him?

((Using a phone, so forgive any spelling or grammer mistakes))

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:18 pm »

Well, the last two replaces were pretty much complete bullshit too. I mean, we had... a Doctor Who-style SBURB admin and a "server crash", IIRC. I can't see us doing too much worse than that on the next replace, especially since it's involving an experienced intruder hacking the character's land in and apparently PA coming up with a compelling reason to knock Brian off.

I still don't like it, but no matter how much you argue it, someone else playing Brian would just be flat out unfun.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: February 06, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »

The point is, it has been decided. We're removing Brian, and adding a new character to replace him. A Knight of Breath, which I am quite excited about.

It'd be too hard to write around Brian's absence, and too much to expect another player to stick to his characterization, especially when they might, and probably would, want to go in a different direction. So, we're axing him.

In other news, I've upgraded the hard drive on my computer and subsequently had to reinstall everything. This is causing a few extremely minor problems with pesterchum (Though I still drop connections as if they were greased pigs), and, interestingly, Chrome now believes every single word I have typed in this post is spelled wrong. Go figure.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: February 06, 2012, 11:48:24 pm »

>Steve: Descend

[6,7+11]=24

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: February 07, 2012, 12:08:46 am »

even in the comic, we've never actually seen the exiling process
Yes we have. It's similar to ectobabies, except the portals entered lead to the post-meteor planet instead of the past. AR was exiled on the ectolab, WQ drove a ship through a portal, etc.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: February 07, 2012, 09:02:26 am »

At the very least, we can turn Brian into an NPC. I'm generally against any option that involves removing him directly.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: February 07, 2012, 09:17:20 am »

At the very least, we can turn Brian into an NPC. I'm generally against any option that involves removing him directly.

Maybe we can suggest actions on his behalf? Since he's just an NPC now we should be able to do his actions by suggestion.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:49 pm »

even in the comic, we've never actually seen the exiling process
Yes we have. It's similar to ectobabies, except the portals entered lead to the post-meteor planet instead of the past. AR was exiled on the ectolab, WQ drove a ship through a portal, etc.

*facepalm* Yeah, I missed that alright. It does answer a question I had though: It seems that the reckoning needs to be in progress before you can begin exiling folks.

Maybe we can suggest actions on his behalf? Since he's just an NPC now we should be able to do his actions by suggestion.

That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Wouldn't he try to contact the other players? Antagonize Mimi, Mikhael and Steve in particular? How would we even handle that? No, this may not be the ideal solution, but it at least leaves fewer loose ends by a fair margin.

>Steve: Descend

[6,7+11]=24

You sneak your way down the chain, and manage to slip all the way to the surface of Derse. Your ninja training has served you well. No one is directly searching for you (yet), so all you need to do is remain out of sight.

Now the question is, where will you go? You don't have detailed information about anything on Derse really. From where you are now standing, it's very much like the moon, only more densely populated. What would you like to look for?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: February 07, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »

I've seen one of them before. All I need to do is find someone that looks like the guy that was following me, or at least dressed like them. We need to figure out who we're dealing with.

>Steve: Find someone like that one guy.

[3,10+11]=24

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: February 07, 2012, 09:57:53 pm »

I've seen one of them before. All I need to do is find someone that looks like the guy that was following me, or at least dressed like them. We need to figure out who we're dealing with.

>Steve: Find someone like that one guy.

[3,10+11]=24

You start checking around for short people with black carapaces, but soon find that everyone here has a black carapace. Their heights vary somewhat, but it seems your original target is unusually short comparatively. Will you choose to follow one of the available Dersites?

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: February 07, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »

I didn't mean follow a Dersite. :P

Follow anyone that has the same uniform as the one that followed me.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: February 07, 2012, 11:28:33 pm »

I didn't mean follow a Dersite. :P

Follow anyone that has the same uniform as the one that followed me.

They are all in the same uniform. Well, similar, anyway. This place doesn't appear to be too keen on civilians. Or maybe you haven't seen an actual soldier yet? Unlikely.

Unfortunately, you didn't get close enough of a look at the Dersite who followed you to get any idea of his rank, unit or anything else like that. Not that you're sure Derse even has those...
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 335