Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Manormatch, the construction of new capitol  (Read 5847 times)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Manormatch, the construction of new capitol
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 08:01:31 am »

Congratulations NRDL, your dwarf Nix just created an artifact!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's a perfect gem! Decorated with...

Citrine...?

Oh well, artifact is artifact...

By they way, I'm currently emptying the graveyard. It's 65*111 tiles huge, over half of the stones still remaining. That means more or less 4000 piece of rock and only one hundred and fifty dwarves hauling. This is taking a while...  ;D
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 08:18:43 am »

By they way, I'm currently emptying the graveyard. It's 65*111 tiles huge, over half of the stones still remaining. That means more or less 4000 piece of rock and only one hundred and fifty dwarves hauling. This is taking a while...  ;D
I think you can just build there ten mason's workshops and order to build blocks. Blocks are useful!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:43 am »

I think you can just build there ten mason's workshops and order to build blocks. Blocks are useful!

I'm already doing that but since I wanted the rocks a bit closer I ended up dumping all loose rocks to one single tile. Makes constructing blocks faster.

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:07:56 am »

Wow i killed the general? Cool i was hoping to get a badass dwarf.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 12:59:38 pm »

Seems like being Mayor is quite windy. Again new dwarf was elected, making it third different mayor in Manormatch. Gar was elected for now, lets see how long he can hold the position...  :P

Not much else has been happening in last few months, the summer of 106 is coming to end soon. Another artifact was just created, but it wasn't anything special, orthoclase bracelet with no notable decorations.

We should have mass execution of goblins soon, just few more cages need to be linked.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:13:09 pm by Kipi »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:33:03 pm »

So i got a figurine of myself? Sweet. I want it.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:27 am »

The Mass Execution

It was time to celebrate the election of new mayor, Gar Paddlelocks. The celebration included the execution of goblin prisoners. But this execution was nothing normal, as there were thirty-six goblins and two trolls locked inside the killing area. Usually the execution contained up to ten prisoners, but this time the number was nearly four times higher.

The archers were ordered to station on the ledge above the execution area, and there were huge amount of bolts stored right next to them. Everything was ready to begin.

There was loud cheering when Gar pulled the lever, releasing the naked goblins and trolls to the mercy of dwarven archers.

The execution was brutal. Not only were the goblins and trolls naked and thus without any way to defend themselves but the actual method of killing was the most brutal one. Ten archers were shooting down the goblins, using bolts made from wood. It is a known fact that wood is one of the worst materials which can be used for bolts. It would take dozens of bolts to kill one goblin, but the archers were in no rush. This was, after all, one of the best form of training they could get without any danger.

After few days it was clear that wood was actually the worst material for bolts as the goblins just didn't seem to die. Sure they were seriously wounded, but it really required clear hit to head before the goblins died. If the bolt didn't hit the right spot there would be just some messy and painful. The killing actually took so long that Gar decided to give the archer few days of free in the middle of execution. Nobody objected this decision and so the goblins were left alone for few days. But even though there was nobody shooting at them the screams of agony were still coming from the area.

It took over three months but finally the execution was over. The holding area was filled with pieces of goblins, vomit, piss and other extracts and the smell was terrible. The screams of agony were still lingering around like a echo from the past, but it didn't bother the dwarves anymore as they had already got used to it during the last three months.

It had took nearly two thousands wooden bolts to kill all the goblins and the two trolls, at least that was what the manager Oilaces claimed. She said that she had been counting all the bolts shot towards the goblins, so most probably it was accurate estimation.

After the massacre was done it was time to count the kills of each archer. Ropeunites, the captain of the guard, had killed in total of 7 goblins, awarding him the title of "the Helmed Fungus of Seasons". Rackknight had killed four goblins, Searedgalleys had killed 2 goblins and one troll, Fingerbells had killed one goblin and one troll, Flukepaints had killed five goblins, awarding her the title of "the Autumnal Rampage". Nix had four goblins in his kill list, while Wypie had managed only three. Lanternpaged had killed five goblins and one troll, awarding a title "the Mind of Gulfs". Channelgold had killed three goblins and Ringedlesson four goblins. These numbers also included the two kills made during the siege.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:43 am »

Whahaha! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!

Do we have melee fighters? The would be fun to watch single full-steel-clad axedwarf in martial trance chops captives into pieces.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2011, 03:07:55 am »

Not yet as I'm waiting for adamantine equipment before assigning melee squad. Shouldn't take long though, the equipment is in making...  :P

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2011, 03:09:15 am »

I GOTZ KILLZ YAYS!!!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 03:30:33 am »

The Tale of Cerol Whiskeredclasps

This tale was inspired by the artifact green statue dedicated to him, created by Rovod Flukepaints.

Cerol Whiskeredclasps was born during the winter of year 16. His parents were respected nobles among the dwarven society and so there were big hopes placed in Cerol's future. His mother, Tobul Netyoung, was chosen as the queen of dwarves at the spring of year 75, which meant Cerol would be righteous heir of the throne.

The queen Netyoung died during the battle of The Assault of Quakes, which was fought against humans. This happened at late winter year 75, so had been the queen less than an year.

Before the funeral period had ended and thus before Cerol Whiskeredclasps was crowned something terrible happened. A night creature infiltrated the fortress, killing dozens of guards, and abducted the soon-to-be king Whiskeredclasps. Nobody knew where the creature took him and so the fortress descended to chaos, as there was no righteous heir anymore. But alas, only two months after the incident Cerol returned. He had changed mentally but nobody paid any attention to it, so happy they were to get their king back. And so Cerol Whiskeredclasps was crowned as the king of the dwarves.

Seasons passed and the new year is close. But the citizens of The Ambiguous Bell were getting nervous. Something was not right with Whiskeredclasps. He didn't seem to care about dwarves anymore. And so, at 1st of Granite, year 77, Cerol Whiskeredclasps was removed from the position of the king and replaced by councilor Atis Scourmirrors.

Time passed and it was year 78 when the dwarves finally realized what really was wrong with Whiskeredclasps; the night creature had converted him to her spouse, turning him to night creature as well. To avenge this act the king Scourmirrors left the fortress with huge army, determined to kill the creature now known as Lomifo Tunneledburied the Stable. The plan didn't succeed and Scourmirrors was slain among the rest of his army by Lomifo. It was decided that there would be no other attempts to kill it.

Even though Whiskeredclasps was still living among the dwarves he had became shunned. Nobody wanted to have anything to do with him if they could. Saddened by this Cerol Whiskeredclasps left the fortress during the winter of 95, never to be seen again. The rumors still tell that he is wandering somewhere in the world, holding a grudge against the dwarves who had forced him to leave his home.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:57 am »

And here is the artifact, Empiresmetals:

Manormatch has also finally became a barony! I elected the former mayor and the manager Fikod Oilaces to the position.

The fortress is progressing well enough, though it's kinda hard to feed nearly 200 dwarves. Have to spend a lot of crafts just to buy enough food and drinks to avoid shortage. The picture was taken just after I bought the dwarven caravan empty from alcohol and food, so the stocks are currently a bit better than normally. Most of the created wealth comes from the artifacts, which isn't surprising. Architecture wealth is this high because all the buildings and walls constructed from blocks.

The current time is 16th of Moonstone, year 106, by the way...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:40:52 am by Kipi »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2011, 05:46:07 am »

Still giggling in the name "Battle of Roasting". Elves fight and roast the bodies of enemies just at the battlefield. Epic!

Try milk, cheese and beekiping =)

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 02:43:03 pm »

Still giggling in the name "Battle of Roasting". Elves fight and roast the bodies of enemies just at the battlefield. Epic!

Yeah, just writing the tale of that event. It is actually a part of bigger war, which just happened to take place during a winter...  ;D
Try milk, cheese and beekiping =)
:o :P

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2011, 05:12:50 pm »

What is my Crossbow skill at?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5