Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Deathwatch - The Charnel Spectre (Signups/Interest Check)  (Read 9025 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch - The Charnel Spectre (Signups/Interest Check)
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 09:28:31 pm »

So Criptfeind is going Techmarine.  Tactical/Apothecary/Librarian/Techmarine should be okay, but I'm worried you guys will be lacking in firepower.  One of you (Probably the techmarine) may want to consider requisitioning a heavy bolter.  It's pretty much godlike and if you want to spend even more requisition (Probably more than you can afford to spend as a non-devastator with a heavy bolter), Hellfire rounds on a HB turn it into a ghetto plasma cannon.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2011, 10:09:38 pm »

Requisition wise, is the whole thing counted under one mission (and if so how much do we have), or is there going to be smaller sub-missions?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 10:12:26 pm »

The campaign is going to be divided up into missions, which may be as short as one battle or may have you in the field for a long time.  While there can always be complications that change the nature of a mission, you'll know exactly what command wants you to do in order to complete the mission.

For the first mission you'll have 106 requisition, which must be shared between each character.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 10:18:25 pm »

So, anyone have anything indispensable they need? I am thinking I want a MIU at least.

Also, any reason you thought I should be the one to pick up the Heavy Bolter?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 10:55:24 pm »

The whole point of the tactical marine is his versatility.  The heavy bolter isn't all that versatile.

The Librarian seemed like a weird choice.

The apothecary would also be a weird one for a heavy weapon.

He seemed like the only one that wouldn't be weird with one.

Technically nobody needs one, it's not essential, and in fact it can be kind of annoying when you roll a 5 or something and end up hitting with all ten shots, especially if you do it to something like a hive tyrant and can't just say "There's no way he survived that, don't bother rolling damage"

Since you all have bolters with fire selectors you could probably just ditch the HB and go for lots of mid-range versatility.  Metal storm rounds and grenades can pick up the anti-Horde slack, Kraken bolts are good all around especially if the Yu'vath really do have access to chaos marines.  Hellfire rounds are awesome but a bit of a gamble, they're mainly for big hulking monsters with natural armor like Tyranids and from what reports have come back the Yu'vath are noodly scrawny guys.  If there are big indigens around or the Yu'vath have access to big guys hellfire rounds might be good, otherwise you just wasted like a quarter of your mission req.
Shoes...

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2011, 06:17:45 am »

One thing I don't like though is Assault Marines.  Not to cramp the style of anyone planning to play one, but they're kind of... not good.  I can't think of any satisfying melee opponents that wouldn't wreck your shit at rank 1.  A chaos marine will stomp you, tyranid warriors will stomp you, etc.  Once you've got lightning attack and some other abilities like that you'll be fine but early on your bolt pistol is way better than your chainsword.

Interestingly I always thought that was to makeup for the fact that the assault marine has one of the best tactical starting advantages of the classes with the jump pack.

Yes he's not as great in the beginning, but he has the best possible movement, while he is the melee class and the first instinct is to get in there, cut some heads off and go nuts.  Starting off he he shouldn't be used to tie up such things, if he does he should fire a few rounds off before charging in. He truly should be jumping around to locations to setup flanking attacks, from above strikes, or hitting heavy weapon teams/snipers/gunners in the back. He has the best repositioning skill at the beginning, and his talents can help that as well. He can make the enemy think twice if he's smart enough to use his tactical repositioning and do well enough. Just the jump pack can do numbers for his ability if he knows how to use it right.

The whole point of the tactical marine is his versatility.  The heavy bolter isn't all that versatile.

One bit of his versatility means that if he is needed to, he could pick up the heavy bolter and fight on with it should needed  :P
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 07:50:04 am by ZebioLizard2 »

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2011, 02:23:37 pm »

If you guys require Le Devastator I could roll one up for ya. I'm free on wednesdays. any problems with that?

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2011, 02:30:04 pm »

I too would also be Intrested, But my playtimes are a bit limited on Saturdays and during the week, Sundays are my only really open day now
Raggle Fraggle

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:51 pm »

If you guys require Le Devastator I could roll one up for ya. I'm free on wednesdays. any problems with that?

We are starting on Wednesday, so its good

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2011, 07:59:02 am »

Right, I figure you guys might want to actually see my sheet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Several odd things I did. Type of armor is how much I have on that place and if I have the improved toughness of my implants there and my stats also have some modifiers right in them along with the stats as they actually are

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2011, 08:01:43 am »

Another Dark Angel? Oh yeah chapter bros!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2011, 09:30:12 am »

Pssst:  You don't need to put 3/36 or whatever for stats.  The number in the box is supposed to be the tens digit.
Shoes...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2011, 09:39:32 am »

I like the stats for the servo arm and the sword. Really, I like them.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2011, 10:17:21 am »

Pssst:  You don't need to put 3/36 or whatever for stats.  The number in the box is supposed to be the tens digit.

It is. With any mods it gets. (So S is 3+2 for instance.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2011, 10:20:07 am »

Or you could just write
 _
l5l9
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7