Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Syndicate the FPS  (Read 11999 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Just another fps.
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 04:43:37 am »

This just in, when you thought it couldn't get any worse:

Guitar Hero: The FPS!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 05:05:15 am »

Oh for the love of cealing cat...
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2011, 10:27:53 am »

Announcement trailer out

Looks cutscene heavy, you run around solo, apparently with special abilities and take-downs like in Deus Ex HR, and everything's bright looking.

Also, "In 2069 every corporation has an agent" - just one? What?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2011, 01:24:32 pm »

The depressing part is that the Cynical Brit's throwaway mention of a 4-player GTA-style Syndicate (I imagine some elements of Left4bread, but he didn't mention it) would be the coolest goddamn thing and instead... yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2011, 01:58:25 pm »

A comment about Cartel: Having followed Paradox and played some of their games, expect for disappointment to kick in and modders to run around fixing Paradox's messes...if you're lucky. The good news at least is that Cartel is sci-fi, so we won't see anybody arguing over alternate history.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2011, 02:28:57 pm »

in 2250, 10 years after dwarf fortress finished development

NEW! call of dorf! the dwarf fortress you all know and love, as an FPS shooter!

DF fans: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
THey would be too busy trying to figure out how DF works to do that, silly :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2011, 02:39:55 pm »

in 2250, 10 years after dwarf fortress finished development

NEW! call of dorf! the dwarf fortress you all know and love, as an FPS shooter!

DF fans: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
THey would be too busy trying to figure out how DF works to do that, silly :P
I don't think they'd really care. They'd just ask some random player to briefly describe what it's about and vaguely follow that.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2011, 07:13:19 pm »

Activision makes the worst buisness choices ever "Oh, we got bad sales on one Guitar Hero game. Lets stop making them and make Neversoft make an FPS instead!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Svampapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 09:24:14 am »

Just another FPS the title says... after seing the announcement trailer I wonder, could this be the one game they actually manage to make a good bastardized FPS child of? I have to admit it looks pretty damn good.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:31 am »

Hmmm... Parasol Stars, the fps...

Waddya think guys? Who's with me?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 10:47:32 am »

Just another FPS the title says... after seing the announcement trailer I wonder, could this be the one game they actually manage to make a good bastardized FPS child of? I have to admit it looks pretty damn good.
I like the music style they took with this (not that I like the style that much, but it fits the world). Also, even if it's not syndicate, it at least looks like it could be an interesting cyberpunk game. Lots of gadgets, free running (you seen those hook scenes? Keeping my fingers crossed they have the maps to back that up) and with a bit of luck the plot doesn't turn into a "Fight your old boss for freedom" scenario. At least the trailer gave no indication of that.

Edit: Apparently it isn't completely disjoint from Syndicate. The 4-player co-op maps are for a part based on the original map, see here from the 10th minute onward for singleplayer details and 16:40 for the multiplayer side of things.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 11:12:38 am by Virex »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 10:59:02 am »

Also, even if it's not syndicate, it at least looks like it could be an interesting cyberpunk game. Lots of gadgets, free running (you seen those hook scenes? Keeping my fingers crossed they have the maps to back that up) and with a bit of luck the plot doesn't turn into a "Fight your old boss for freedom" scenario. At least the trailer gave no indication of that.

Oh thank god I'm not the only one.  I actually thought it looked decent too.  Not as a syndicate game, but as a cyberpunk shooter it looked interesting.  :)
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 11:53:58 am »

free running (you seen those hook scenes? Keeping my fingers crossed they have the maps to back that up)
I'm pretty sure that's a cutscene.

and with a bit of luck the plot doesn't turn into a "Fight your old boss for freedom" scenario. At least the trailer gave no indication of that.
You're running around solo. Unless that's corporation policy like the trailer slogans suggested (1 agent per corporation for whatever inane reason), you've already gone rogue.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 12:27:06 pm »

The trailer (or was it the preview I linked) has another operative addressing you at least once (he says he'll stay in touch via chip-link). So at least for a part of the game you're not rouge, but just running solo missions.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 30, 2011, 01:48:50 pm »

The only thing going through my head through the trailer: 'I didn't ask for this'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9