Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Syndicate the FPS  (Read 11980 times)

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just another fps.
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2011, 02:36:48 pm »

The trailer (or was it the preview I linked) has another operative addressing you at least once (he says he'll stay in touch via chip-link). So at least for a part of the game you're not rouge, but just running solo missions.
Huh. Was pretty sure the character in the trailer is the player. In the preview it turns out he's this one other Eurocorp agent.

Still, I doubt they'll let the story slide with you being loyal to a corporation. Unless they somehow try and make Eurocorp good guys or something, I guess.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

Well, I am still hopeful, because Starbreeze is making it. They have made some really good games in the past. Even if it isn't the old Syndicate, it still has a chance to be a great game. Libit with the name and setting of an old game.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2011, 05:58:39 pm »

Look, if you get Skrillex to remix the original Syndicate theme your "trailer" is going to rock anyway.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »

Look, if you get Skrillex to remix the original Syndicate theme your "trailer" is going to rock anyway.

It took me three listens to realize there was video playing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 01:49:54 pm »

One agent? Damn. Sending one of your teammates in as a suicide bomber was funny(and sucked ass when they do it to you).

Hopefully there'll be heavily destructible environments. Or am I the only one who actually liked Syndicate Wars?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »

From the trailer it looks like furniture and windows are going to get shafted (though they may be indestructible and just get tossed all over the place), but there's probably no actual destruction of walls or doors, or we'd have seen it by now.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Syndicate action game reboot, not that bad.
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2012, 07:56:33 am »

The game just released and I have about an hour into it. It's an action game/shooter(like Deus Ex) and it looks pretty great considering it's also getting released on the consoles as well. Let me immediately follow that up by stating the controls are thoughtful and not completely consolized, unless I have been borged by repeated exposure to the trend.

The game plays A LOT like Deus Ex.

The character models don't look stellar but it runs smooth as butter and the scenery is modeled well. Very little of the furniture is destructable, but you can shoot through some of the thinner materials also dependent on firing mode. Voice acting is great and there are some familiar voices and faces in there to enjoy. Honestly, I don't like most action/fps hybrids but this is well made. I can't speak as to whether or not it's worth buying yet but I should note I got mine for 22.89GBP or $33.00 USD from CJS Keys and redeemed on Origin. I think their price is $60.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:21:34 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Syndicate the FPS
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2012, 11:26:55 am »

Is it Origin-locked?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2012, 12:00:08 pm »

I think it is. Don't be fooled by the alarmist public in regards to their EULA, it is in line with all other digital content providers like itunes and such.

The game is a mix of Deus Ex, Hitman and has a lot of the background story from the original Syndicate in 1993. I say it's worth 35 bucks.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Syndicate action game reboot, not that bad.
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »

Very little of the furniture is destructable, but you can shoot through some of the thinner materials also dependent on firing mode.
I'm definitely NOT going to buy that. Is red faction a leader in what recent AAA games do about that?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2012, 12:12:34 pm »

Not making an account to get one game, so sorry to this.

Don't be fooled by the alarmist public in regards to their EULA, it is in line with all other digital content providers like itunes and such.
I'll be as skeptical about Origin as i want, thank you very much. If EA wants me to actually use their software, they have to prove its worth downloading; hiding away all your games on it does not prove anything to me except EA being as meh as it always is.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:19:12 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2012, 05:19:12 pm »

I think it is. Don't be fooled by the alarmist public in regards to their EULA, it is in line with all other digital content providers like itunes and such.
Considering what I've heard about iTunes, that's not really reassuring.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2012, 06:14:54 pm »

Do you have internet at home? They can stop your service at any point and not refund the remaineder of your money and still hold you liable for the length of any contract agreement. The same is true of your cellphone. Our beloved Steam, they can do the same thing. Caught cheating, they can ban your access including offline access. Mortgages, insurance, banking agreements, it's honestly all the same. The truth of the matter is that as long as corporations are the primary backers to politicians, corporate lawyers will have draconian loopholes in place that allow them to get away with murder.

How appropriate that this conversation is on a Syndicate thread.

PS My good friend is a corporate lawyer here in NYC at a major media firm and tells me that none of these agreements would hold up to a lawsuit, but they are in place to disuade the individual from making trouble for them should they fail to provide the expected level of service.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:17:00 pm by hemmingjay »

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2012, 08:10:52 pm »

Do you have internet at home? They can stop your service at any point and not refund the remaineder of your money and still hold you liable for the length of any contract agreement. The same is true of your cellphone. Our beloved Steam, they can do the same thing. Caught cheating, they can ban your access including offline access. Mortgages, insurance, banking agreements, it's honestly all the same. The truth of the matter is that as long as corporations are the primary backers to politicians, corporate lawyers will have draconian loopholes in place that allow them to get away with murder.

How appropriate that this conversation is on a Syndicate thread.

PS My good friend is a corporate lawyer here in NYC at a major media firm and tells me that none of these agreements would hold up to a lawsuit, but they are in place to disuade the individual from making trouble for them should they fail to provide the expected level of service.
People are more willing to enter into such agreements with Valve because they have a solid consumer reputation.  EA has earned considerably less trust through such actions as suspending users' games for criticizing DAII and hiding the unsubscribe button in TOR (then banning anyone in the forums who provided a workaround).

Furthermore the main criticisms I generally hear about Origin are the fact that it gives EA the explicit right to scan the user's hard drive and removes the right of the consumer to take legal action against EA.  There's no reason for a consumer to have to put up with such abuse.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2012, 08:19:11 pm »

Furthermore, unless you are a VIP, there's not much reason why they'd want to make your life hell, and even if they do, you can make noise about it and damage their reputation further.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm curious if Origin ever holds 75% off sales.

Eh, never mind, turns out they are on GamersGate, will get it at 75% off there.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9