Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Syndicate the FPS  (Read 11979 times)

Cicero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Syndicate the FPS
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2012, 11:09:52 pm »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Just another fps.
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2012, 11:24:01 pm »

Well, at least it won't hurt Syndicate more than its already been hurt.
Meanwhile, I found this.

I know I'm kind of late to this thread but... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »

Note that you need to actually have files (in someway) from Original!Syndicate to run that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 21, 2012, 11:29:26 pm »

Gah.  Hopes and dreams crushed.  I actually have the game on floppies, but don't have a floppy drive on my current computer.  I couldn't get the game to run on my last computer that had a floppy drive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2012, 11:33:24 pm »

Wasn't too hard to find back in september, if you need a newer backup copy.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2012, 05:45:29 am »

GOG released this just recently, if I recall correctly, or was that just a dream?

No, it was real:

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/syndicate

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2012, 06:51:40 am »

Thats funny how back in the day they could skeeze soooo much gameplay in just 17ish MB ... and now you get hollow shooter in 12gig....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 09:14:28 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2012, 06:47:14 pm »

compare the volume of a square to that of a cube and you get your answer. 17 MB for a top down game with 4 maps and 8 bit audio versus what we get on 12 GB.
It's a pretty good game that combined aspects of Deus Ex with that of Hitman and Assassins Creed. The writing is very good and as I had previously said, the voice acting is top notch. The combat is fun but not revolutionary while the boss battles are almost like the old Metal Gear Solid boss battles in feel. There are some good, if simple puzzles in place that keep it from feeling like you are on a Disney ride.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2012, 03:54:13 am »

compare the volume of a square to that of a cube and you get your answer. 17 MB for a top down game with 4 maps and 8 bit audio versus what we get on 12 GB.
It's a pretty good game that combined aspects of Deus Ex with that of Hitman and Assassins Creed. The writing is very good and as I had previously said, the voice acting is top notch. The combat is fun but not revolutionary while the boss battles are almost like the old Metal Gear Solid boss battles in feel. There are some good, if simple puzzles in place that keep it from feeling like you are on a Disney ride.

How many dollars you have been payed hemmingjay?
Your tone is almost too markety.
Have you been implanted with the mind control chip?

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:20 am »

Well that sounds interesting... despite it bastardizing the name of Syndicate.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2012, 04:34:58 am »

(For what it's worth, I'm really appreciating the reviews that hemmingjay has been posting lately.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

Lol @ the comments. No I am not being paid but wanted to let people know it's not what we thought it would be. Honestly, it's as if someone did a professional total mod to Deus Ex and added in professionally written Syndicate cannon and high quality voice work. It's not the greatest game I've played but it's pretty damn satisfying and I didn't want everyone to write it off as reflex.

Once again, it's not worth $60 but easily $40. 
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2012, 01:07:29 pm »

I really appreciate Starbreeze as a studio and their dedication to total immersion in the first-person style (As they've shown in their past hits as well, like the Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay). Especially the fact that they don't fuck around with tedious minigames to do every little thing.

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »

I really appreciate Starbreeze as a studio and their dedication to total immersion in the first-person style (As they've shown in their past hits as well, like the Chronicles of Riddick: Butcher Bay). Especially the fact that they don't fuck around with tedious minigames to do every little thing.

I believe most of the original employees have left the studio since then
Also, it was founded by Vin diesel
The more you know.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:21 pm »

Hold X to interact with something. Then mash X during the interaction animation.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9