Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Should I?  (Read 677 times)

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
Should I?
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:09:18 pm »

I recently learned that Runescape got a total graphics revamp (at least I last played five years ago). Should I jump back in, or is it still not really worth it?
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »

I recently learned that Runescape got a total graphics revamp (at least I last played five years ago). Should I jump back in, or is it still not really worth it?

Well, if this was maybe 2-3 years ago, no. But now? Yes.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:13:08 pm »

Do you mean paying or F2P? Because if it's F2P I can safely tell you that dungeoneering was quite entertaining (for a while), but if you're paying, then I can't really help because I've never been a member.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:27 pm »

You're horrendously limited with F2P. If you're going to play, do it right and pay $5 for all that new stuff.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 08:20:16 pm »

The graphics revamp is nice, but the gameplay is still sour. And there's still bots farming or advertising gold-selling sites everywhere - especially on the F2P side.

So unless you really feel like jumping into the massive time-eating grind that is Runescape, don't.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »

Mmmm, yeah, the time thing was exactly what I was worried about. K. Thanks, all.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 11:07:39 am »

I never got into it tbh. I didnt like the graphics either, but i may as well check the new ones out...
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.