Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Swords & Potions  (Read 6227 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: Swords & Potions
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:40:30 pm »

Decided to abdicate; I'll rejoin the guild once I'm back on my feet.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:50 pm »

Tip for everyone, if you don't have something they want, there is no negative to offering something so far as I am aware, but keep it in the category of the item they were looking for; If they're looking for a dagger, offer a main gauche or a dirk or something in the "dagger" class. Offering them armor or something will never work. There's ONE exception to this, which is potions, which always have a chance, and a pretty decent one. I've probably sold more elemental dust to people then the stuff they actually wanted.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 03:18:55 am »

EDIT: What the heck, Seriyu1 requests an invite.

Maybe seriyu1? It's not my Kongregate username because I signed up for an edgebee game before with the same name, and as such I keep forgetting my swords and potions name.

I tried both of these and it said this player does not exist. I think you should give me your Kongregate name. You don't pick a new username when you pay this game on K - it just uses your K name.

Other invitations have now been sent.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 03:36:57 am »

Seriyu is the kongregate name, but if that doesn't work, Seriyu_1 should be it. Found a message from when I played it originally and joined a guild.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 04:02:22 am »

Say, how do you change location? I tried going to the location selection map thingy and clicking on the wall but nothing happened. Is there a minimum level or something?

Also, 25,000 for a new workshop? Crap. I wish I had taken sorceress when it would have built the shop for free. Now I guess it'll be ages before I can afford her, and everyone who comes into the shop wants potions! And blacksmith items of course. I really picked the wrong craftsmen...

EDIT: Actually I guess the tailor isn't so bad. I'm selling a lot of helmets (although they take way too long to make), and if a customer requests an item I don't have, I can successfully suggest soft gloves or sandals about half the time. But the time to make these items is crazy. Does leveling up your craftsman improve their crafting time? 6 hours per helmet is killing me, but I have to keep making them because they sell well and at a good price. I'm running out of gloves and sandals though.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:15:51 am by Sappho »

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 04:33:16 am »

I keep getting requests for clothier items, rarely carpenter items though.
But yeah, sorceress seems to be one of the best to start with. I started with her, then moved onto blacksmith. Shame she's low tier for cooperative points.

Kongregate name is lightning4 if you want to shoot me an invite too. Have a few unbuilt shop improvements just sitting around doing nothing, and I'm sure my two crafters can lend a hand with other people.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:14:38 am by Lightning4 »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 06:45:32 am »

I've just passed leadership of the guild on to the next person on the list (Jimlad). I'm still playing, but I'm rapidly losing interest as it gets repetitive and I realize how much of the content of this game is only unlockable by paying for it. So if anyone wants to join the guild now, please direct your requests to Jimlad, as I don't know how often I'll be on or even how much longer I'll keep playing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 04:17:14 pm »

I think there's a minimum level for moving, and at any rate there's not much of a point to moving until you've hit the level cap for the area you're in. And yeah, sorceress is easily the best craftsman, at least early on. Later on it get's a bit more evenly spread.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 04:25:12 pm »

I've been playing this for a while.

- it's not worth buying anything with tokens. You can sub in stuff you have for recipes you don't. Also, once in a blue moon characters will sell you recipes.

- Sorceresses: in demand early on with customers, but their later recipes depend very heavily on those special materials, and their crafting is the least used of any of the four. Where I am now, the blacksmith and tailor are working their asses off, while the sorc and carpenter sit on surpluses; but the carpenter is used the most to build improvements.

- levelling your craftsmen absolutely improves their crafting time. Their craft levels are added per hour to fill up the gauge to finish an item (plus bonuses from whatever else.)

- you automatically get a room for your second craftsman. The other two, you have to pay for and get people to build.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2011, 05:12:06 am »

i could use an invite as well... name is ardesh

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:48 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:55:08 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2011, 08:26:32 pm »

Can I get an invite to a guild? my Kongregate name is Riotman477

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2011, 09:36:02 pm »

I quit, I don't like the game anymore, it's too boring. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2011, 11:59:20 pm »

It is fairly grindy, but I still click my mouse from time to time.

Also, I've seen it established that early on guilds are fairly useless, other than as a way to have to pay extra money (if you're into that sort of thing) or temporarily joining one to trade improvement points.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 12:55:49 am »

Yeah it's not the kind of game you'll be playing for months on end, but it's a good time killer from time to time. Just don't go in expecting an amazing and enthralling experience. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3