Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83622 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 3 - Psilence [7/9]
« Reply #345 on: October 10, 2011, 01:35:19 pm »

Dariush:  Because you haven't stated a case in your current incarnation.  Call me picky, but I'd just like to see it again.

To answer your question, though, my opinion of him hasn't changed much since I was last asked that question.  And no, I'm not convinced.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 10, 2011, 03:01:53 pm »

Three tests today, I'll post when/if I get the chance.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:57 pm »

Okay.  Let's see...I'm not the leader.  NUKE's not the leader.  I'm going to assume Dariush isn't the leader, by virtue of Powder having quit ages ago.

Let's take a look at all of the possible cult leaders, then:

*Toaster: No hugely scummy-looking actions.  Generally rather quiet, though.  At least he seriously contributed in most posts.  Always seemed to just be in the background, with the exception of a couple long attack posts.

*NativeForeigner: I don't like how Native tied the D2 lynch when the day was about to end that one time.  Also, as Toaster stated, Native spent most of day 2 throwing WIFOM around.

*Urist McArathos: As stated yesterday, he seemed rather cautious and oddly calm D1 and then started to desperately leap in to answer questions for Dariush to destroy Dariush.

*Jim Groovester: There was one moment, during day 2, which I remember felt somewhat off to me:

Okay, so let me see if I get this.  Yesterday, after a thorough battery of questioning, you tell me "you don't have anything on (me) anyway", yet decide FIRST THING this morning that, hey, actually, you do after all?  There's nothing different from your case you already dismissed yourself, yet now it's worth pressing?  I find that change of mind somewhat suspect, Jim.  However, I've got nothing to hide, so let's have my rebuttal.

Yep.
Ignoring the fact that Urist's link has some serious issues (Urist: please get rid of the quotation marks and extra "http://" in each of your links), this doesn't look good for Jim.  He's just brushing off a serious attack.

In addition, I love the following two posts:

Okay, seriously? Not only do you think I was defending Dariush, now you think he is scum because of it? This is ridiculous. Even if I was defending him, has he done anything scummy himself? Other than being Dariush, no, he hasn't.
We should really be lynching toaster, but if you insist on lynching a townie, lynch Urist instead.
Jack, if you think Nuke is so scummy, why aren't you voting him?

Yeah, whatever.

Time I eat my words. Unvote, Dariush.

Shorten?

Didn't I say to not lynch Dariush because of anything NUKE9.13 did?

Pretty sure I did.

Pretty.

Motherfucking.

Sure.

Regardless of what the obvscum does, we should ignore him. However, my target is still McArathos.

Let's hear it, McArathos. Prove you're not the Leader.

Jim's big evidence against Dariush, that so well convinced him of Dariush's scumminess that he was the first to call to shorten the day, was largely based on the actions of NUKE.  So, of course, Jim proceeds to yell at us about how he said before that to not lynch Dariush for NUKE's actions, and how we screwed up.  Jim helped lynch Dariush, only to essentially say "I TOLD YOU SO" when Dariush turned out to be town.  It feels like Jim is trying to distance himself from the Dariush mislynch, for some reason.  Also, I love how Jim puts the burden of proof on Urist.

So, yeah.  Somehow, Jim doesn't look that good to me.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 10, 2011, 11:17:10 pm »

Votecount:
Urist_McArathos [3]: NUKE9.13, Jim Groovester, Dariush
NativeForeigner [1]: Toaster
Jim Groovester [2]: Urist_McArathos, Jack A T
Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Day ends Wednesday!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 11, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

Dariush:  Because you haven't stated a case in your current incarnation.  Call me picky, but I'd just like to see it again.
That was my previous incarnation. This time I'm simply bandwagoning the fuck out of him.  :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »

That was my previous incarnation. This time I'm simply bandwagoning the fuck out of him.  :P

Did you not learn anything from being lynched?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 11, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »

Mod, Jim  is overdue for a prod.

Don't even fucking THINK about lurking through LYLO, Jim.  Get in here and answer my fucking questions.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 11, 2011, 06:54:42 pm »

Jack A T, I was right about Dariush before I changed my mind to go with all you idiots. How does it make me scum to point this out?

Further, explain to me how that was a serious attack by McArathos. Why should I have done anything differently than what I did? I went to my top suspect at the time, which after Max White flipped town, was McArathos.

Oh, right. Never mind. You were converted. That explains it.

Mod, Jim  is overdue for a prod.

Don't even fucking THINK about lurking through LYLO, Jim.  Get in here and answer my fucking questions.

Kiss my ass, you piece of shit. I'm not lurking.

And what fucking questions? You didn't ask me any. You voted me solely on the pretext of tunneling, and you're making a big deal about how I was the last person to vote for Dariush. You'd probably be making a big deal about it if I didn't vote for Dariush, because, like the rest of your case, you're accusing me of things that aren't scumtells. Very vocally accusing me of things that aren't scumtells.

Screaming made-up bullshit doesn't make much of a case. I dismiss it accordingly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 11, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »

No, I'm voting you for several reasons.

-Tunneling is one, and it's a big one.  If you're focused solely on me, you're not hunting anyone else.  What really makes it inexcusable is the fact that you PERSONALLY stated your case was a crock of shit.  How was I your top suspect after Max if you, by your own admission, had NO case on me?  You didn't scumhunt, you didn't present new arguments or new relevant information you saw in retrospect, you just dredged up your already dismissed case and said "Yep, voting you for this and no additional explanation" after saying I had explained myself satisfactorily already.  You didn't tunnel me because you had a big case I couldn't answer for, you tunneled me because you wanted me dead, regardless of my defense or explanation.  Scum-fucking-my.

-Parroting.  On second thought, you did eventually come up with a new case: Dariush's.  You shamelessly parroted his case, even going so far as to TELL people they were the same, while simultaneously encouraging them NOT to look closely at his (because his was terrible and you couldn't have that hurting your mislynch, could you?)

-Careless voting.  You changed your vote after everyone else had, for reasons you personally had said should NOT affect the decision to vote someone, asked for a Shorten (so there wouldn't be time to deal with any annoying reconsidering), and then chastised everyone for their decision.

I don't care that you mislynched someone; Max was a mislynch, and mislynchs happen.  I care that you made a big to-do about my scumminess both Day 1 AND Day 2, yet somehow were "convinced" against your better judgment not to vote for me in the end.  Really, Jim?  You've had the cult leader pegged for two days straight and STILL decided to vote someone else both days?  That's shitty play or scummy play, and you're not a shitty player.

Since you didn't read the subtext in my last post, I'll spell it out here: Why are you acting this way if you're not the cult leader, Jim?  Why shouldn't we hang you right now for all this?

Those are my questions.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 11, 2011, 07:30:45 pm »

-Tunneling

-Parroting

-Careless voting

Screaming made-up bullshit doesn't make much of a case. I dismiss it accordingly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 11, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »

Jack A T, I was right about Dariush before I changed my mind to go with all you idiots. How does it make me scum to point this out?

Let's go through that again.

*You tell us that lynching Dariush for NUKE's actions is stupid, something you won't do, and that doing so is shitty play that you have to tell beginners to avoid.
*You proceed to, in a moment of utter brilliance, vote Dariush for NUKE's actions.  You also are the first to call for a shorten.
*Paraphrased: "I told you that lynching Dariush for NUKE's actions was a stupid idea!  Ignore the fact that I did exactly that, and was the first to call for a shorten!  That was very dumb of you, everyone!"

Do you see anything whatsoever wrong with your voting habits there?  Anything?  Because I certainly do.  I see you voting for someone for a reason you told us not to use, and then chewing us out for lynching him for the reason you used.  I see you doing a "HA I TOLD YOU SO" post after being necessary in the shortening of the day.

Oh, and I love how you're still calling us idiots for lynching Dariush, a lynch that you certainly didn't accelerate, join for reasons you call stupid, or anything like that.  After all, we're the idiots.  You're just the guy who used logic you called terrible and called for the shortening of the day.

Further, explain to me how that was a serious attack by McArathos. Why should I have done anything differently than what I did? I went to my top suspect at the time, which after Max White flipped town, was McArathos.
Why did you use a case you considered worthless against Urist (and the "Yep" shows you admit that)?  Do you see anything that makes "you used a case you said was worthless" not a serious attack?  Would you mind explaining?

Jimbots: Destroy Jim!  (Warning: TV Tropes)
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 11, 2011, 10:10:39 pm »

Another busy day, not in the mood to make a productive post.

My top choices are Toaster and Jim. I'll explain why when I get a moment to myself.

In the meantime, I would appreciate an extend since the day ends tomorrow and I haven't done anything yet.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 11, 2011, 10:15:34 pm »

Extend.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 11, 2011, 10:15:48 pm »

Another busy day, not in the mood to make a productive post.

My top choices are Toaster and Jim. I'll explain why when I get a moment to myself.

In the meantime, I would appreciate an extend since the day ends tomorrow and I haven't done anything yet.

Translation:  If I can just lurk through this day, then everyone arguing over the wrong choices will drown me out, and I can slide through with a victory!

I can do extend though.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 11, 2011, 11:06:45 pm »

Day extended to Friday. Votecount soonish.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27