Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83626 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Night 2 - A Psinking Feeling [7/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #330 on: October 08, 2011, 04:03:49 pm »

Dariush has volunteered to replace in for Powder Miner. Does anyone have any objections? If not, I'll process the night either tomorrow or Monday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 3 - [7/9]
« Reply #331 on: October 09, 2011, 05:20:14 pm »

Day 3 has begun!

Everyone wakes up, nervous. Who will they decide to kill today? Will it be another innocent? Only time will tell.

Day ends Wednesday!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 3 - Psilence [7/9]
« Reply #332 on: October 09, 2011, 07:52:30 pm »

Ahahahahahaha

I wouldn't put it past NUKE9.13 if he's the convert to WIFOM everybody into thinking Dariush is the leader. He's Old School, they're full of themselves like that, to try crazy gambits.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha

I reckon murdering Dariush would be more pointless than other murders.

Ahahahahahahahaha

Dariush has been lynched! He was a Townie!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dariush has volunteered to replace in for Powder Miner. Does anyone have any objections? If not, I'll process the night either tomorrow or Monday.

Ahahahaha-wait what. Dammit, after I went to all that effort, now this happens?

Anyway. The point is, crazy gambits. Old school. Full of myself? You fucking bet I am. Ahahahaha!

Urist
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 09, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

Didn't I say to not lynch Dariush because of anything NUKE9.13 did?

Pretty sure I did.

Pretty.

Motherfucking.

Sure.

Regardless of what the obvscum does, we should ignore him. However, my target is still McArathos.

Let's hear it, McArathos. Prove you're not the Leader.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 10, 2011, 06:06:40 am »

Hoped to kill me? Hoped to get rid of me? AHAHAHAHAUristHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 10, 2011, 08:20:02 am »

OBJECTION!

I may not even be playing, but what i'm seeing here is godawful modding. Why the hell would you let a dead player replace in? That's just fucking terrible.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 10, 2011, 08:20:52 am »

There's precedent.  (Mind keeping that to PM until game end, please?)

Real post coming up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 10, 2011, 08:55:48 am »

Dariush:  I'd like to see your case restated, please.

NativeForeigner.

Native's play had been pretty good early on, but I started suspected him late in D2.  Now that I've given things a reread, I'm almost sure he's the cult leader.  Why?

Day 1 he is very active, with a very large number of posts.  However, almost all of them are targeted at either Max or Nuke, two people known to be loud and attention-grabbing.  His long argument with Max early in the game was a big show of words to no real effect.  After Nuke's jailer claim, he starts the Max argument up again and ends the day voting him.  The entire day, he only questions Max and Nuke besides two early questions to Powder.  He picked a target and focused solely on that one person.

Day 2 is where things get more interesting.  This question is WIFOM, and attempts to downplay the connection between Native and Nuke.  Additionally, he does not cover the possibility that he was converted but is lying about it, something mentioned by Jim a few posts back.  Here he seems to realize that he left that part out and adds it back in.   In that same post, he's also encouraging Dariush to attack Urist.

Then he intentionally ties the vote.  He defends the move with pure WIFOM.  After the extension, he unvotes without starting a new case or doing any questioning. 

In response to me questioning him about it, he buys in to the Nuke WIFOM and generally waffles around.  He also excuses his WIFOM.  He finally votes on Dariush through Nuke's actions- a bad reason to vote for anyone.  You cannot find scum through what another person does- you must judge them on their own actions.  In that post, and here as well, he is very tight-lipped when it comes to suspicions of anyone but the "popular" targets.  He is here very wordy on Dariush where he hasn't been before. 

Weak point, but I felt really buddied here.

I'm pretty convinced at this point.  He's been doing his best to keep the attention on the noisy people, while he sits back a bit and lets the wrong people get lynched.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 10, 2011, 11:00:31 am »

What do you think about Urist, Toaster? Hasn't D2 convinced you of his scumminess?

Offtopic:

OB, so you have been watching this game yet let it run with one player in need of replacement, and after he has been replaced you can only whine?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:56 am »

How about you answer my question first and I'll answer yours?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 10, 2011, 11:38:15 am »

Well, it can't be Dariush...NUKE has claimed obvscum, so he was converted.  Since powder wasn't here to convert N1, that rules Dariush out (though the announcement of his replacement was made before the end of N2, so he's not confirmed town either).

It can't be NUKE or Jack, for obvious reasons.  That leaves me, Jim, Toaster, and Native.  I have been a bit busy this morning, so I need to take some time in Lurker Tracker and focus on these three people and decide which one is the cult leader.  I'll have my case ready as soon as I figure it out.

OBJECTION!

I may not even be playing, but what i'm seeing here is godawful modding. Why the hell would you let a dead player replace in? That's just fucking terrible.

Off-Topic: Gonna have to side with Dariush here; if you choose to sit on the sidelines and watch, you can't complain.  Besides, Dariush subbing in is better than a completely inactive townie at a crucial juncture like LYLO.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 10, 2011, 11:41:32 am »

Offtopic:

OB, so you have been watching this game yet let it run with one player in need of replacement, and after he has been replaced you can only whine?
Nnnnope. I popped in for a look, saw that, and decided to complain about it before popping back out.

Goodbye!

EDIT:
I'd like to issue a formal apology to Think for being so hasty and rude. Sorry, Think.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:43:47 am by Orangebottle »
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 10, 2011, 12:32:48 pm »

There are many little things which I'm too lazy to recount. Why exactly do you need my case?

It can't be NUKE or Jack, for obvious reasons.  That leaves me, Jim, Toaster, and Native.
100%-scumtell #31 - when listing who is possible scum, scum includes himself.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 10, 2011, 01:08:17 pm »

100%-scumtell #31 - when listing who is possible scum, scum includes himself.

[sarcasm]Because anyone who says "I'm not scum, I'm town" has never lied ever about it and can therefore be fully trusted.[/sarcasm]

As far as everyone else is concerned, that statement is 100% fact: I was not confirmed town Day 1, ergo I will be suspected of being the leader.  I'm not concerned with hunting myself, but showing through my actions I'm not.  It was more to say "let's not waste time on these guys, they're DEFINITELY not the leaders."

Let's see, I'll answer Jim's accusation on me first, then state my case.

Regardless of what the obvscum does, we should ignore him. However, my target is still McArathos.

Let's hear it, McArathos. Prove you're not the Leader.

Well, Jim, this is an impossible request for you and you know it.  You've tunneled me since Day 1.  You're not interested in hearing why I'm town, because you only unvote me when it's pointless.  However, since you asked, I'll point out that I've been active, vocal, and giving everyone plenty of chances to read my behavior.  Those are town tells, since scum like to be murky so no one is sure what to make of them.  I also scumhunted actively throughout both days, and my fierce case on Dariush is something I hardly feel the need to restate here, since it was the center of attention Day 2.  Scumhunting is likewise a town tell.  If the fact I've been active, vocal, and scumhunting to the best of my ability is not enough proof for you all then I don't have any more proof, because that's all I've done all game long.

So, who do I suspect?  Well, you for that matter Jim.

I'm sure you're already screaming OMGUS, but considered you've had a two-day headstart on me with your tunnel fest, I hardly think waiting this long to suspect you counts as a knee-jerk vote.

So, my reasons?

One, your blatant tunneling.  At first I thought you were a convert, but now I think you were setting me up as an easy mislynch from the start: you called me newbscum (among other accusations), but couldn't back that claim up when I asked you to, unvoting instead.  You then re-vote me Day 2 for the reasons I defended and you dismissed, as seen here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

When Dariush got into a fight with me, you said you had pretty much the same case, then took the time to point that yours was better worded as if to say "don't look at him, you might see how shitty it is.  Look at mine instead".  Parrot much, Jim?

So, after using a self-proclaimed pointless case and a borrowed case on me, you then sat back and watched NUKE obvjester it up.  You seemed awfully convinced this was all a ploy by NUKE to get Dariush lynched, but then you VOTE him at the day's end, AND request a shorten.  You were literally the last person in town to join that bandwagon, and had no reason to: Dariush had a majority of votes, so it's not like you were breaking the tie after changing your mind about him.  You switched votes to fit in with the crowd and look town since suspicion had shifted off me, AGAIN.  "Damn it, I can't mislynch McArathos, so I'd better switch to the convenient target so no one notices!"

For someone who's so DAMN certain I'm the leader, you sure as shit don't give two fucks about lynching ANYBODY else instead once I'm out of the running.  Why would you, though?  Any townie will do, so no point in pushing the case on me when you can just look town and rack up another kill.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:38 pm »

There are many little things which I'm too lazy to recount. Why exactly do you need my case?

You can't seriously need to be told the answer to this, can you?
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27