Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83634 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 2 - I'm Psyked for Today [8/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:15 pm »

NativeForeigner: And where the hell is NUKE9.13 saying all of this? Because either you and I are not playing the same game or I'm reading things way differently than you are.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 06, 2011, 10:00:17 pm »

I'm not voting him because I'm voting Dariush, who probably converted Nuke last night.
Counterpoint: Dariush hates me. Even if he was the cult leader, I think he would ignore statistics and not convert me purely out of spite.

"No! That can't be right."

Quote from: Peeps
WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?
Woah, what. I'm not defending Dariush. Why would I defend Dariush. I'm just saying, the arguments against him are stupid. I am sure that Toaster is scum, but that doesn't mean I can't point out that your mislynching-cases are flawed.

"I wasn't DEFENDING him."
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 06, 2011, 10:02:22 pm »

What, what. Why do you want me here, what do you want me to say.

Answer my questions, NUKE.  Because there's more to them than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?"
No there isn't.

NUKE: There was more to my question than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?" as well.
No there wasn't.

Extend.  And I'll keep on extending until NUKE answers my questions.
Well we're going to be here a long time then, aren't we?

Initial refusal to answer questions. He screwed up and knows it, so he decides to just shut up.

Answer my fucking questions, NUKE.  I want an explanation of how a Dariush lynch is more pointless than any other pointless lynch, to you, when you also say that you think that Dariush is the sort of person who wouldn't convert you just to be an asshole.
This looks to me like "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?". Just saying.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm not asking that you listen to me, because, yeah, maybe Dariush is the leader, I dunno. Probably not, but its possible.

The wine and continued refusal to answer any questions.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2011, 10:15:14 pm »

Eh, I guess.

I wouldn't put it past NUKE9.13 if he's the convert to WIFOM everybody into thinking Dariush is the leader. He's Old School, they're full of themselves like that, to try crazy gambits.

I'll give it some thought.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 06, 2011, 10:20:31 pm »

Eh, I guess.

I wouldn't put it past NUKE9.13 if he's the convert to WIFOM everybody into thinking Dariush is the leader. He's Old School, they're full of themselves like that, to try crazy gambits.

I thought of that possibility, too. However, I don't know why he would only just now do that.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2011, 01:59:20 am »

Sheesh. Mountains, molehills. I will answer all your questions, then, and you can go back to lynching Urist.
...Why aren't you scumhunting?
Because I know who the leader is, and I can just keep blocking him until the rest of you decide to stop dicking around and lynch him. Scumhunting is pointless. 
Why push your Toaster lynch and then announce that the logic behind it is flawed?
What. The logic isn't flawed. We need to lynch toaster, and win. If you people want to lynch each other first, fine by me.
What exactly makes a Dariush lynch more pointless than any other "pointless" lynch?
I didn't say that. I just said that the arguments against him are stupid.
NUKE: If Toaster was somehow suddenly cleared completely, who would your top suspect be and why?
I dunno. Probably Urist. He seems pretty scummy.

NUKE: Are you simple? I like how to completely ignored the part where I restated the question. It's almost like we caught you and you don't know what to say. It looks even more that way when you decide to throw out BS WIFOM like that. Is that the best you've got?
What question. I can't find it, what are you talking about.
Also, caught me doing what? Being harassed by you idiots for... basically nothing?

NUKE, still a bunch of questions around here waiting for your answer.  What's wrong?  Scumchat not moving fast enough for you to think of a good excuse?
Oh, yes, totally. I was waiting for Dariush to tell me what to do. That sounds like something a sensible person would do.

...and that's it, really. Was this worth an extension? Has this told us anything about who is scum? No, it hasn't, because Toaster is scum, and none of you people realise this. Just go back to lynching Urist and cut it out with the whining about whatever I have supposedly done.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2011, 02:12:05 am »

Do elaborate.

Or don't.

I can't say that I care or that I'm really going to trust anything that comes out of your mouth.

Meanwhile, thanks for being a useless sack of shit.

I've given it some thought and I'm not going to lynch Dariush or see him get lynched because of anything NUKE9.13 did or didn't do that probably doesn't incriminate Dariush either way. That's shitty play I tell beginners to avoid.

Thanks for tying the vote, NativeForeigner. I'm not budging. I suggest you do instead.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:20 am »

Nuke: You obviously know what question because you made a point to dismiss it.

Jim: D2 is when you start to look for changes in everyone's behavior. D1, NUKE didn't have a thing to say about Dariush, he just kept on the hunt, attacking Urist and Toaster alternatively, leaving the day off with Toaster. D2 comes around, he makes a bullshit argument against Toaster, and then proceeds to sit on it. For the entire day. Doing nothing. Not even bothering to build or reiterate a case against Toaster. Then Dariush gets brought up in an all-together possible situation and NUKE jumps right in, then backs right out and disappears for a while. Plays dumb, then disappears again.

Oh, and did I mention that he brought up that lynching Dariush would be more pointless than any other lynch? That just seems like he's trying to inch us all away from Dariush and more towards Urist. Almost everything he's said this day as either been useless or in defense of Dariush. If he honestly believes Toaster to be scum, then why defend anybody? Especially when you're not even bothering to build a case.

Then he comes back one more time to give a half-assed "See? I'm totally answering questions." post, insults Dariush to try to recreate some distance, and then tries to tell us to lynch Urist even though he thinks Toaster is scum. Really? Oh, and he lied. He brought up a possible scenario where Toaster wasn't scum, but he still wasn't converted. Then he denies that his logic isn't flawed.

Basically, what I'm saying is that the ONLY thing he's done this entire day is step in to defend Dariush. A huge contrast to his D1 activities. Even if he was absolutely convinced that Toaster was the leader, I wouldn't think he would just sit on his hands the entire day. I would think that he would try to keep building a case on him to actually convince us. But nope, all he did was defend Dariush. That's why I feel that it's incriminating.

So please, Jim. Don't try to scare me into changing my vote when I'm nearly certain I'm right about this. I'm too stubborn for that. You might disagree about the NUKE-DARIUSH case, but I still haven't seen anything to convince me that Urist is a better choice to lynch.

Toaster: You've been really quiet most of the game. Normally you're more active (from past experience). What's going on?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2011, 06:01:55 am »

You seriously don't find ANYTHING suspicious about NUKE defending you DESPITE the fact you weren't in danger of a lynch, and didn't need a defense?  You don't find it odd that he is not scumhunting, avoiding the thread, AND being super-evasive in his answers?  Really, Dariush?
He's Nuke.

NUKE.

I stopped looking for logic or common sense in his actions a very, very long time ago.

Counterpoint: don't you find anything suspicious about Native stating you're his second pick, yet not doing anything about it and claiming that he'll only thinking about your aligment when I flip town? Oh wait, of course you wouldn't. That's because you're both scum.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2011, 07:11:30 am »

Dariush: Jesus, really?  I have to spell this out for you?  No, its not suspicious of Native to not vote me until you flip town.  I'm his pick AFTER you!  If you're his number one pick, he damn well better be voting you.  If you flip town, he better move on to his number two pick.  Are you just being deliberately stupid to clear yourself?  Because that's just basic shit right there.

NUKE: That's a refuge in audacity.  You admit Dariush is giving you help, yet try to make it sound absurd.  I'm not buying the refuge in audacity defense.  Also, scumhunting is NEVER pointless.  Your only proof is that you blocked Toaster, and weren't converted.  That isn't proof, even if you're not lying about it, and you know it.  Stop trying to interfere with the Town. :o
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2011, 08:44:02 am »

Native:  Quietness means I've gotten lazy on my case, so I need to restate it.

Cliff notes:  Dariush is the leader and he recruited Nuke last night.

At the start, Dariush was fairly quiet- this post being a good example, as he started out at one post each of the first two (RL) days, with this one being the second.  He's only answering a question and not doing anything else.   His sudden vote change to Urist with a trumped-up reason indicates a lack of care and conviction behind his vote. 

Also, you seem a little bit too comfortable sitting out all major conflicts without actually taking much participation. What do you think about Max?

This is something Dariush is doing himself.

Jack, I know you're a guaranteed town, but... what the fuck? Why would you go ahead and seek out all votes for Jim instead of doing anything more productive? Just because you can't be lynched doesn't mean you're allowed to activelurk, and even if you do, it'll come back to bite you in the ass tomorrow.

Here he is setting a case in advance on Jack, which is simply ridiculous.  He claims he's not actually trying to do so, but that's just crap.

Next, he lies about what he said in the past (underline mine):

Urist, you didn't tunnel me or anything. See, if you really had a change of heart, you'd have said something like 'I see, fair enough, vote Nuke because blablabla', but you instead chose to break up my answers into individual quotes and respond to every single one of them, in detail, agreeing that obviously you haven't ran a game before and wouldn't know what to do, you're so sorry blablabla. Thus resulting in the purest Too Townie example.

I missed it. I didn't accuse him of being too pro-town, I accused him of trying to paint himself as town while putting the process in front of scumhunting, additionally paired with bandwagoning Nuke.

I missed this earlier, but it's just WIFOM on convert targets, and some distancing in that and posts following. 

Oh wow, now I'm a lurker.

At least he admits it.

In conclusion, he's the cult leader.

As for Nuke, he's been tunneling me all day.  His "case" on me is a joke (since it relies on both us believing he wasn't converted and that, if I were indeed the cult leader, that I would have only converted him.) 

Anyway, I'll let you lot carry on with pointlessly murdering each other. One thing, though: I reckon murdering Dariush would be more pointless than other murders. Pretty much all cases against him can be explained by him being either a hypercompetent, convoluted-plan-using Cult Leader, or by him being a town moron.
Apply Occam's Razor, won't you?

If we follow his logic that I am the cult leader, why would any other lynch besides mine be anything but pointless?  Why defend Dariush?  Why not defend Urist?

I'm not voting him because I'm voting Dariush, who probably converted Nuke last night.
Counterpoint: Dariush hates me. Even if he was the cult leader, I think he would ignore statistics and not convert me purely out of spite.

WIFOM.

The rest of his day is spent avoiding questions and acting generally jestery to confuse the issue.

Sheesh. Mountains, molehills. I will answer all your questions, then, and you can go back to lynching Urist.

NUKE: If Toaster was somehow suddenly cleared completely, who would your top suspect be and why?

...and that's it, really. Was this worth an extension? Has this told us anything about who is scum? No, it hasn't, because Toaster is scum, and none of you people realise this. Just go back to lynching Urist and cut it out with the whining about whatever I have supposedly done.
[/quote]

Again, Urist over Dariush.

In conclusion, Nuke was converted last night.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2011, 10:19:03 am »

NUKE:

What exactly makes a Dariush lynch more pointless than any other "pointless" lynch?
I didn't say that. I just said that the arguments against him are stupid.
Bullshit.
Anyway, I'll let you lot carry on with pointlessly murdering each other. One thing, though: I reckon murdering Dariush would be more pointless than other murders.

Why push your Toaster lynch and then announce that the logic behind it is flawed?
What. The logic isn't flawed. We need to lynch toaster, and win. If you people want to lynch each other first, fine by me.

You spent much of the day pushing the Toaster lynch and arguing against the mere idea that the cult leader might have converted someone other than you... and then you go on to say that Dariush hates you so much that he probably wouldn't have converted you.  Don't you see the problem there?

...Why aren't you scumhunting?
Because I know who the leader is, and I can just keep blocking him until the rest of you decide to stop dicking around and lynch him. Scumhunting is pointless.
Back to 100% sure now.  Taking this into account, shouldn't all generic townie mislynches be equally pointless?  How can one be more pointless than all the rest?

This is ridiculous.  Unvote, vote Dariush. NUKE's behavior has pushed my second pick up just enough to make me change my vote.  And if Dariush doesn't turn out to be cult leader, NUKE's still probably the cultist.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:30 am »

Okay, seriously? Not only do you think I was defending Dariush, now you think he is scum because of it? This is ridiculous. Even if I was defending him, has he done anything scummy himself? Other than being Dariush, no, he hasn't.
We should really be lynching toaster, but if you insist on lynching a townie, lynch Urist instead.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2011, 12:02:13 pm »

And so NUKE continues to evade questions.

NUKE: Why do you hate answering questions?

And, now in Comic Sans, to get the point across:

NUKE: Why do you hate answering questions?

On Dariush: Dariush has been lurky (and isn't lurking supposed to be grounds for lynching, NUKE?), he brought up the big "Hey, look, the confirmed townie is being scummy" thing, and he's been desperately trying to trivialize all attempts to question or attack you.  Your desperate defense of him was just enough to push him above Urist, in my eyes.

We should really be lynching toaster, but if you insist on lynching a townie, lynch Urist instead.
This is clearly not to defend Dariush.

Now, I believe you have some questions to answer.  One more, NUKE: Why vote for the player you consider 100% town, instead of voting for the person you think wouldn't convert you?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2011, 12:05:26 pm »

Jack, if you think Nuke is so scummy, why aren't you voting him?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27