Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83679 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 2 - I'm Psyked for Today [8/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #285 on: October 06, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »

Hey, you know what happened in last 48 hours? (Hint: nothing)

Hey, you know why we were sitting here twiddling our thumbs? (Hint: it's because Native extended the day to save his cultleader Urist and tied the votes just to be on the safe side)

Hey, you know what I'm going to do about it? (Hint: it's Oppose extend)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 06, 2011, 02:00:34 pm »

Answer my questions, NUKE.  Because there's more to them than "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?"
No there isn't.

Allow me to repeat my questions:

NUKE: Are you completely sure that Toaster is cult leader?  If not 100% sure, why aren't you helping hunt?  If you are 100% sure, how is Dariush somehow less suspicious than any other player who has a 0% chance of being cult to you?

I'm not voting him because I'm voting Dariush, who probably converted Nuke last night.
Counterpoint: Dariush hates me. Even if he was the cult leader, I think he would ignore statistics and not convert me purely out of spite.
So you admit that your Toaster lynch has serious flaws, and you say that Dariush is the sort of person who would not convert you.  How the fuck is Dariush less likely to be cult leader than any other player, then, based on your logic against Toaster!?!

Extend.

There is far more than just "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?" there.  Answer my fucking questions, NUKE.  I want an explanation of how a Dariush lynch is more pointless than any other pointless lynch, to you, when you also say that you think that Dariush is the sort of person who wouldn't convert you just to be an asshole.  I want to know how sure you are that Toaster is cult leader.  I want to know why you're not scumhunting.  I want to know why you've been pushing your Toaster lynch, and yet announcing that your logic behind it is flawed.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 06, 2011, 02:18:11 pm »

Answer my fucking questions, NUKE.  I want an explanation of how a Dariush lynch is more pointless than any other pointless lynch, to you, when you also say that you think that Dariush is the sort of person who wouldn't convert you just to be an asshole.
This looks to me like "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?". Just saying.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm not asking that you listen to me, because, yeah, maybe Dariush is the leader, I dunno. Probably not, but its possible.
Long Live United Forenia!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 06, 2011, 02:29:51 pm »

Answer my fucking questions, NUKE.  I want an explanation of how a Dariush lynch is more pointless than any other pointless lynch, to you, when you also say that you think that Dariush is the sort of person who wouldn't convert you just to be an asshole.
This looks to me like "WHY YOU DEFENDING DARIUSH, NUKE?". Just saying.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm not asking that you listen to me, because, yeah, maybe Dariush is the leader, I dunno. Probably not, but its possible.

...Why aren't you scumhunting?  Why push your Toaster lynch and then announce that the logic behind it is flawed?  What exactly makes a Dariush lynch more pointless than any other "pointless" lynch?  I understand that you wanted to point out flaws in cases against him, but what makes a Dariush lynch more pointless than any other pointless lynch?  Yes, this gets close to being a "WHY YOU DEFEND DARIUSH" but you're evading every single question I ask, including the many non-"WHYYOUDEFEND" ones.  I'll keep on asking you every single question you evade until you answer them all.

Also, one I forgot:

NUKE: If Toaster was somehow suddenly cleared completely, who would your top suspect be and why?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 06, 2011, 02:42:07 pm »

EBWODP: almost every single question I ask
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 06, 2011, 06:15:22 pm »

Hey, you know what happened in last 48 hours? (Hint: nothing)

Hey, you know why we were sitting here twiddling our thumbs? (Hint: it's because Native extended the day to save his cultleader Urist and tied the votes just to be on the safe side)

Hey, you know what I'm going to do about it? (Hint: it's Oppose extend)

Extend.

You seriously don't find ANYTHING suspicious about NUKE defending you DESPITE the fact you weren't in danger of a lynch, and didn't need a defense?  You don't find it odd that he is not scumhunting, avoiding the thread, AND being super-evasive in his answers?  Really, Dariush?  Even if you're certain I'm the leader, it's Day 2.  There's almost certainly a scumpartner out there (unless Toaster is the leader and NUKE wasn't lying), and there's no reason not to suspect NUKE, especially in light of what he's doing.  Why are you in such a hurry to avoid his interrogation?  Concerned about what his answers will be?

I can understand not liking the tie-voting, but I think we need some fucking answers from NUKE first.  If I can't convince you people I'm town before day's end, I'm sure as shit not going to let myself die without finding out what the fuck he's doing.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 06, 2011, 07:18:55 pm »

Extend

Native:  Do you suspect anyone else?  Is Urist your #2 pick?

After what just happened? No, just Dariush.

Dariush: Are you simple? I unvoted you after the extend went through until NUKE did something. Unfortunately for you, all he did was incriminate you. And now you're throwing a fit because I extended? I think you're just getting nervous.

NUKE: Are you simple? I like how to completely ignored the part where I restated the question. It's almost like we caught you and you don't know what to say. It looks even more that way when you decide to throw out BS WIFOM like that. Is that the best you've got?

Urist: Why FoS NUKE when he can't be the leader? Also, of course Dariush doesn't find anything suspicious about it, he's trying to keep our attention away from it.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 06, 2011, 07:38:49 pm »

Of course, tie the vote, make somebody else unvote to see a lynch go through. Whether or not the lynch goes through, it's lylo tomorrow anyway, so you don't really care.

Extend.

Dariush: Are you simple? I unvoted you after the extend went through until NUKE did something. Unfortunately for you, all he did was incriminate you. And now you're throwing a fit because I extended? I think you're just getting nervous.

NUKE: Are you simple? I like how to completely ignored the part where I restated the question. It's almost like we caught you and you don't know what to say. It looks even more that way when you decide to throw out BS WIFOM like that. Is that the best you've got?

Right.

How do they incriminate each other?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 06, 2011, 08:06:08 pm »

Damn right I'm going to tie the vote. I'm not going to just let what I feel is a mislynch go through like that when we can end it today.

Have you not been following? NUKE jumped in to speak a few words in defense of Dariush unprompted, when he's been doing jack shit the entire day. When asked about it, the best he could do was say "hurr durr, I'm not defending Dariush? Why would I do that? Can't I just say that the arguments are dumb?". When asked what caused him to jump in when all day he's been hanging back, he refused to answer. Then he threw out some WIFOM. Also, Dariush is getting upset because I'm making it difficult for this mislynch to go through like he wants.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 06, 2011, 08:38:18 pm »

Day extended to Monday.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 06, 2011, 08:51:07 pm »

NATIVE:  The point of a FoS is to say, "I'm suspicious of you, but not enough to switch my vote at this time."

I am starting to suspect pretty heavily that NUKE is the converted cultist.  I'm looking for scumpartners at this point, since I'm convinced Dariush is the leader.  I've exhausted all the points I have on Dariush, and I've said all I feel I can say in defense of myself.  Since my choices are either scumhunt or sit on my hands until the day ends, I'm going with option A.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2011, 09:03:24 pm »

Native:  If Dariush was lynched and flipped town, what would that do to your suspicions?

I also hold the opinion that Dariush converted Nuke, for reasons previously stated.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:34 pm »

Also, Dariush is getting upset because I'm making it difficult for this mislynch to go through like he wants.

And how the hell does that tell you anything?

I'd be pretty pissed if the person I think is scum isn't going to get lynched, when it's kind of fucking important that we hit the right person today.

Oh, wait, that's exactly what's happening. Some dickwad is vote gaming just as the deadline rolls around to make sure there's a tie for no clearly discernible reason.

Damn right I'm going to tie the vote. I'm not going to just let what I feel is a mislynch go through like that when we can end it today.

Have you not been following? NUKE jumped in to speak a few words in defense of Dariush unprompted, when he's been doing jack shit the entire day. When asked about it, the best he could do was say "hurr durr, I'm not defending Dariush? Why would I do that? Can't I just say that the arguments are dumb?". When asked what caused him to jump in when all day he's been hanging back, he refused to answer. Then he threw out some WIFOM. Also, Dariush is getting upset because I'm making it difficult for this mislynch to go through like he wants.

Why is it unreasonable for NUKE9.13 to have an opinion about Dariush when Dariush has been the target of a lot of attacks today, and has been in the lead for a considerable portion of the day?

My fucking God, what a horrendous crime, and a definitively incriminating association.

Your case is bullshit. You don't give two shits about the lynch today, so long as it isn't McArathos, what with how you're making sure that the deadline doesn't pass without there being a tie on him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2011, 09:30:27 pm »

NATIVE:  The point of a FoS is to say, "I'm suspicious of you, but not enough to switch my vote at this time."

And that accomplishes what, exactly? What would the point of even threatening to lynch NUKE do since we know he's not the leader?

Native:  If Dariush was lynched and flipped town, what would that do to your suspicions?

I would have to rethink a few things, I haven't given you or Jim a good look and I would have to review Urist.

Jim: It tells me that despite him not caring to expand or even reiterate his case, Dariush really, really wants Urist gone. Why wouldn't he as leader, anyway? There were already people on his tail, it would be easy enough to find a reason to jump on board. And yeah, I'd be pissed too if the person I think is scum isn't going to get lynched. Why do you think I'm voting Dariush? It IS important to hit the right person today and I feel that that person is Dariush, not Urist. Do you really think I would just sit back and let it happen anyway because I'm afraid of getting called out? I had no other choice but to vote game, with NUKE stuck on Toaster and Powder gone, I have to keep the votes tied and convince either you or Jack to change your mind.

It's not unreasonable, it's fishy. Why stay silent this entire time and then suddenly jump in to defend Dariush when he clearly wasn't called upon and then deny it in the next breath? The only attacks Dariush has been under was for being Dariush. However, when somebody brings up the idea that Dariush converted NUKE, NUKE chimes in with "No, that can't be right!". That doesn't raise any flags for you? Really? Also, as I recall, Urist has been in the lead for most of the day.

Not that I wouldn't love to toot my own horn here, but I'm not exactly candidate #1 for being converted. We had a confirmed townie, confirmed jailor, and two players (you and Toaster) with more experience under their belt than I. That's four candidates that I would pick over myself right there. This isn't about defending Urist, it's about lynching Dariush.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2011, 09:37:43 pm »

And that accomplishes what, exactly? What would the point of even threatening to lynch NUKE do since we know he's not the leader?

Pressure, to try and scare him by making him realize I know he's the other scum, and he's next once his leader swings.  He's breaking, and I want to turn up the heat.  Maybe you think it's a shitty idea, but given that NUKE is suddenly scrambling to prove that no, seriously you guys, he's not doing anything suspicious the SECOND we ask him about it, I think it's worth a shot.

While we're on the topic...NUKE, still a bunch of questions around here waiting for your answer.  What's wrong?  Scumchat not moving fast enough for you to think of a good excuse?
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27