Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83687 times)

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2011, 09:49:50 pm »

Ok, what part do you think is unbacked? Jim making an OMGUS or Jim pushing people around?

An OMGUS is pure WIFOM. There's been many cases where someone got voted for and then voted their voted for a legitimate reason. An OMGUS with a reason is almost never seen as scummy in it's own context. As for Jim pushing people around, I haven't seen any evidence of that and you haven't shown us anywhere where he's been doing that, so either it's very, very subtle or it doesn't exist.

Was it the call on Panda for lurking? Because I think I'm missing it.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2011, 09:55:34 pm »

Despite the fact that when I called him for it being an OMGUS he's only explanation was jack shit, and seriously, not seeing him push people around?

For fuck's sake you're still too damn wordy.
Dariush wasn't paying enough attention to notice when I was putting words into NUKE9.13's mouth. I'm giving him crap for it.
But I completely disagree with the conclusion you're drawing so it's up to you to find supporting evidence or make better arguments.

Just a few random pages, too lazy to search the entire thread when I'm going to be lynched any second now anyway. Not enough people online to change that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2011, 10:00:18 pm »

unconventional methods

You flavorhunted in a game where flavor was important. Yep, it took some serious innovative thought to come across that strategy.

If you're going to make a lot of noise about 'unconventional methods' (which is another way to say ineffective nonsense), what sort of brilliant but never before seen strategy are you employing in this game?

Because it looks a lot like "Make a bunch of baseless accusations and then whine about it when they backfire." I can see how that's unconventional, yes, but not how it would ever be effective.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2011, 10:02:16 pm »

More along the lines of 'Make an attack based off who I think is scum, without trying to walk on eggshells'
And it isn't that new at all, just not used any more. It seemed to be a lot more popular in older games. The games were also shorter and seemed to have a better rate for town.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2011, 10:18:06 pm »

On my phone now, so I can't give much insight. Max, even if you're about to get lynched, hammer out your case. That way if we're wrong your death wasn't a waste. What's keeping you from doing that? The only thing I can think of is because you know the game will end after you die. It's not like a case suddenly dies when the one pushing it does.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2011, 10:21:29 pm »

I know the game will end several days after I die, because nobody will do anything about Jim, he will convert Jack and Nuke, and your fucked.
Seriously, even if everyday you kill a convert, but not the leader, you still loose, so your pretty much fucked. My highest respects to Jim for being in such a position.

I doubt I could pull out a case that will achieve much, because clearly you haven't been reading what I have said so far. You will not listen to what I say no matter what, so not much point trying to get it into your little bot AI.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2011, 10:22:37 pm »

The day is over!

Votecount:
Max White [4]: Powder Miner, Jim Groovester, Jack A T, NativeForeigner
Urist_McArathos [2]: Dariush, NUKE9.13
Jim Groovester [1]: Max White
Dariush [2]: Toaster, Urist_McArathos

"Any last words?" asked Jack as he lined up the gun. Max merely spat on him, a final act of defiance.

After the shot finishes echoing around the room, Jack waits for Max's appearance to change. It never does. Seems Max was just a simple passenger, nothing more.

It's decided that the best thing to do now is for everyone to get some rest, and keep an eye on each other during the night. Hopefully by doing so they can catch the psychic.

Max White has been lynched! He was a Townie!
People with actions, send me your actions.

As a future note, day ends will be moved to 8:00 PM PST because it turns out that a lot of things happen at 6:00 PM PST.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 2 - I'm Psyked for Today [8/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2011, 01:36:03 am »

Everyone begins to wake up again. Wonder what happened during the night?

No time to worry. You have to find the psychic, if you are to have any chance of surviving.

Day ends Tuesday, 8:00 PM PST!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2011, 02:24:38 am »

I'm going to be generous and give a list of thoughts about everybody in the game so far because I'm scratching my head about it.

These people are not leaders through one way or another.

Max White - DEAD BY THE HAND OF MY JIMBOTS, MAY HIS SACRIFICE BE FORGOTTEN
Jim Groovester - Town
NUKE9.13 - Not Cult Leader (Jailer with no counterclaim)
Jack A T - Confirmed Not Cult Leader

Leaving these people as the people to focus on.

NativeForeigner - Reads town. Very visible, very active, very engaged.
Dariush - He makes a lot of sense sometimes. Hasn't participated a lot though. I'm leaning town.
Urist_McArathos - Lots of funny vibes. I get the feeling he's trying very hard not to attract attention, by overly explaining things, not trying to tread on anyone or their opinions, being extremely careful with how he votes, and so on. In other words, he's very much more concerned with looking like town than actually hunting scum, and he has a good idea of how to do it.
PowderMiner/? - No reads, of course.
Toaster - Being very Toaster-like. Town for lack of anything worse to think.

This list was constructed by rereading through Day 1 since that's the only thing I have to look at right now. Urist_McArathos by this list.

Toaster, you never let off Dariush if I'm remembering everything correctly. Do you still share that opinion, and if you do, could you summarize your case?

I'll also ask everyone what their best guesses to who the Cult Leader is.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2011, 05:05:29 am »

Hey, yeah.
D2.
Anyway. Blocked toaster, did not get converted. QED, toaster is the cult leader.

Told you so.
Long Live United Forenia!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2011, 05:44:58 am »

Hey, yeah.
D2.
Anyway. Blocked toaster, did not get converted. QED, toaster is the cult leader.

Told you so.
Why exactly would a player of Toaster's experience convert someone like YOU? Considering jailer is the only role with an action, I'd say that converting an idiot like you simply to get rid of a RB chance at night is a really, really dumb move.

In any case, Urist is scum for the same reasons as yesterday.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 01, 2011, 05:47:50 am »

Why exactly would a player of Toaster's experience convert someone like YOU? Considering jailer is the only role with an action, I'd say that converting an idiot like you simply to get rid of a RB chance at night is a really, really dumb move.
...alternatively, not converting the only role with an action is a really, really dumb move.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 01, 2011, 05:50:11 am »

...alternatively, not converting the only role with an action is a really, really dumb move.
With an action that can be used on exactly one person. Who is incidentally the converter.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:59 am »

With an action that can be used on exactly one person. Who is incidentally the converter.
Or anyone else, dipshit, preventing them from getting converted.

Honestly, guy, your "I'm not reading the rules trolololol" shtick was funny (not really) yesterday. Now, its just plain obnoxious.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 01, 2011, 12:28:13 pm »

I just spent over an hour doing a reply on my phone, and it got destroyed.  I'm pissed, will redo it later.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27