Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83680 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »

Well I do think your scum.

But personal problem? No, not really, I'm rather impressed at what you have archived! Hell, right now if anybody has a chance to become world dictator, I'm betting on you. But no, your not Native.

But anyway, instead of addressing the point I'm bringing up, suddenly this has to be something personal? Maybe because you are doing something scummy and trying to make the attack something personal to discredit it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2011, 07:56:26 pm »

Well, forgive me for thinking that calling everyone bots just because they agree with me isn't personal at all.

Why? Because he is scum- certainly more scummy than Max.

This doesn't really answer my question.

I think Dariush's behavior is scummy, and that his case against me is scummy as fuck.  It is composed of logical fallacies and so called "scumtells" that EVERYONE ELSE is doing. 

Oh, and Jim?  I FoS'd him a while ago.

This also doesn't really answer my question.

What is Max doing that makes him less scummy than Dariush?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2011, 08:10:55 pm »

I'm calling them bots for playing like bots. It was Jack who turned it into Jimbots for following you.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2011, 08:15:08 pm »

Due to lack of fair warning from me, day modextended by 3 hours.

The day ends in 3 hours! One more extension request necessary to extend!

Votecount:
Max White [4]: Powder Miner, Jim Groovester, Jack A T, NativeForeigner
Urist_McArathos [2]: Dariush, NUKE9.13
Jim Groovester [1]: Max White
Dariush [2]: Toaster, Urist_McArathos
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2011, 08:19:35 pm »

Oh, for serious? I thought we were all out. Extend then.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2011, 08:41:46 pm »

He's flailing, and was kinda lurky, but not much solid.  It's why I wanted to see some activity from him.  I've got a gut feeling his behavior is off, but NUKE and Dariush seemed far more overtly scummy.  With NUKE potentially cleared, that only leaves one suspect for now.

I linked the FoS because I wanted you to see your accusation of doing it just now was false.  I don't like it when people accuse me of scummy things that are not true; it makes me wonder if they are scummy, or if it was an honest mistake.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2011, 09:46:23 pm »

Day extended to Thursday, 6:00 PM PST.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2011, 09:50:00 pm »

Dariush:
I have no idea what you're saying here.  It looks to me that you're either arguing that he's acting scummy today to cover himself in the future when he might be converted, or that tomorrow you'll use things he's done today (as a confirmed townie) to press a case on him D2 or later.
I'm not saying either of those things; what I mean is that he is carelessly lurking today, and if someone (not me) makes a case on him for any reason, he may use this activelurking as an additional argument against Jack.

So the second, except "not you."  I don't see that making it any less ridiculous and unhelpful.

Urist:
I think Dariush's behavior is scummy, and that his case against me is scummy as fuck.  It is composed of logical fallacies and so called "scumtells" that EVERYONE ELSE is doing. 

[citation needed]

He's flailing, and was kinda lurky, but not much solid.  It's why I wanted to see some activity from him.  I've got a gut feeling his behavior is off, but NUKE and Dariush seemed far more overtly scummy.  With NUKE potentially cleared, that only leaves one suspect for now.

[citation needed]

Max:  A weak case isn't a scum tell.  A bad one is.  Pushing a weak case and making little attempt to make it a strong case (what you are doing) is a bit scummy, yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:45 pm »

At first you called my case weak, not bad, what one is it?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2011, 10:00:39 pm »

Toaster: oh, you dick...I'm posting from my phone this week, so be patient.  This post will take a while, and I can't even start it now.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:18 am »

Extend.

Jack, I know you're a guaranteed town, but... what the fuck? Why would you go ahead and seek out all votes for Jim instead of doing anything more productive? Just because you can't be lynched doesn't mean you're allowed to activelurk, and even if you do, it'll come back to bite you in the ass tomorrow.

Dariush, Dariush, Dariush...that was quite dumb.  Terribly dumb.  Probably fatally dumb.  You missed the context of the vote list: Max said that people fear Jim so much that they'll defend him at all costs, so I listed a bunch of examples of that not being the case.

He has a point.

As much as I enjoyed seeing the list of people who failed to lynch me, there was definitely more productive things you could have been doing instead.

The vote list really didn't take very long to make, because Think0028 is awesome and the Lurker Tracker is awesome, and I wanted a stronger response to Max's shit than "but people actually do attack him sometimes".

But, more importantly, Dariush went for the "oh, hey, someone might vote Jack for his Day 1 actions" garbage.  That's what really brought out the "this is dumb" thing.

I'm calling them bots for playing like bots. It was Jack who turned it into Jimbots for following you.

I gotta hand it to you Jim, people are so scared to attack you, that they will actively defend you from anybody that does.
Once again, people put on a good show, proving that they play just like bots.

Max: Explain how this isn't calling people bots for following Jim.  In fact, explain how we play like bots.

Jim: I meant waiting for a counter-claim.  I have no clue why the fuck the jailer would claim Day 1.  It seems like a terrible idea.
Urist: And why didn't you do something while waiting for a jailer counterclaim?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2011, 05:55:17 am »

Dariush:
I have no idea what you're saying here.  It looks to me that you're either arguing that he's acting scummy today to cover himself in the future when he might be converted, or that tomorrow you'll use things he's done today (as a confirmed townie) to press a case on him D2 or later.
I'm not saying either of those things; what I mean is that he is carelessly lurking today, and if someone (not me) makes a case on him for any reason, he may use this activelurking as an additional argument against Jack.
So the second, except "not you."  I don't see that making it any less ridiculous and unhelpful.
Do you consider Jack's listing of all votes on Jim a useful action? Or are you going to ignore everything he says, since he's guaranteed town?

Jim: I meant waiting for a counter-claim.  I have no clue why the fuck the jailer would claim Day 1.  It seems like a terrible idea.
Uh. You think that claiming on D1 is a terrible idea, and still wait for a counter-claim? Why does it look like an idiotic excuse to sit back and lurk?

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2011, 11:59:01 am »

Dariush/Toaster: I don't see what either of you mean.  I unvoted, then a few hours later responded to Max and Jim and Dariush, and voted.  If you're asking why there was a delay between my Unvote and reaction, its because I was shocked, and was expecting a counterclaim.  I was certain it was a bluff, because I thought it was a terrible idea.  I appear to be wrong, and had to re-evaluate my stance. 

Toaster: Okay, I'm pretty sure Jack and you responded to Dariush's behavior in some places.  First, his too Town fallacy, which included arguing that I was too precise in my response, with how I addressed everything point by point in neatly formatted quotes.  This is also known as what everyone does, pretty much always.  So, because he claims I didn't need to be so clear and concise (an opinion I don't share), that made it scummy.  Because clear cases and logical behavior are scumtells now, apparently.   Despite you and Jack BOTH pointing out this fallacy, and my pointing out he was wrong in saying I had no case on NUKE, he defended the fallacy as a legitimate point, then accused me of lurking, a charge I deny (and sorta hypocritical coming from a prodded player).

As for Max, what's to cite?  He was absent enough for a prod, and I'd asked what he planned to when he was back.  I thought this accusing people of refusing to vote Jim business was a weak, flailing type reply, but again, not enough yet to justify a vote.

Jack: Likewise, not sure what you meant.  You cited the post I researched and wrote while waiting for a counterclaim.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2011, 05:10:40 pm »

Well looks like I'm getting lynched today, nice work town, you managed to mislynch me! Good for you!
Just remember, Jim had the most blatant OMGUS ever, and he only addressed it by saying 'Well I knew you were going to say that!' and he has been attacking anybody that dosn't vote the same way he does. So I'm willing to bet this is another case where I get lynched for finding scum, kudos guys.

And a bot is somebody more concerned with running over their built in protocols than doing anything productive, let along interesting. Rather than being willing to make a real judgement call, you think solely within the box, and lynch anybody that goes out of it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2011, 05:34:46 pm »

Bullshit of bullshits.

I asked you to find evidence to your accusation and waited for you to come back with it. You came back with nothing. I did not vote you solely because you voted me, I voted you because your case is the smelliest piece of bullshit I've ever seen anyone vote on.

Quit lying, bro.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27