Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83587 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2011, 05:44:37 pm »

Sorry, but for this sort of thing there is no quotable evidence.
Well, have fun Jim. I'm willing to bet that after this nobody is going to attack you for fear of also being lynched, so you have pretty much safe guarded a scum victory. As always, I am impressed at just how much you have everybody under your thumb.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2011, 05:48:06 pm »

But if I don't have you, Max, then it isn't worth it.

Also, why are you giving up now? Deadline's tomorrow or so if I remember everything correctly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »

I thought it was in a few hours time or something...
Sorry Jim, guess we can't be together after all. You didn't even get to meat my parents!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2011, 01:35:48 am »

First: Urist, thanks for reminding me of Dariush's Too Townie mess.

Next:

Jack: Likewise, not sure what you meant.  You cited the post I researched and wrote while waiting for a counterclaim.
You've responded to what I intended my question to mean in your post already:

If you're asking why there was a delay between my Unvote and reaction, its because I was shocked, and was expecting a counterclaim.
Understandable.  Why expect a counterclaim, though?  Fakeclaiming Jailer D1 as cult leader is pretty much suicidal.

Finally...

Thus resulting in the purest Too Townie example.
One should not have to defend against accusations of being too pro-town.  Why are you accusing Urist of being too pro-town, Dariush?
Dariush: Why have you not answered this?  What is your answer?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2011, 03:40:33 am »

Internet's been out and Mafia isn't all that friendly to my phone. All I've really seen is Max bitching about everyone being "Jimbots". Which is funny because I think there's only like 3 or 4 votes on him. A little less Pathos and a little more Logos and he might actually get somewhere, but I doubt that'll happen. I find it funny that that's all he can stammer in both his defense AND offense. Anywho, with any luck I can make a better post tomorrow. PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2011, 08:53:12 am »

Dariush:
Do you consider Jack's listing of all votes on Jim a useful action? Or are you going to ignore everything he says, since he's guaranteed town?

Useful?  Not really, but he's countering an absurd point with absurdity, which I think was his point.  I'm quite interested in his opinions now, yes.

Your argument against him is still nonsense, though.

Jim: I meant waiting for a counter-claim.  I have no clue why the fuck the jailer would claim Day 1.  It seems like a terrible idea.
Uh. You think that claiming on D1 is a terrible idea, and still wait for a counter-claim? Why does it look like an idiotic excuse to sit back and lurk?

A claim and counter-claim are two very different things.  If Nuke is fakeclaiming, then the real jailer should absolutely speak up, because then the cult leader is one of the two of them- no (remotely reasonable) townie would ever fakeclaim like that.  I believe claiming under threat of lynch was the correct move- with no counterclaim, we must believe it.  With that, there are two people known to not be the cult leader.

Urist:  Okay, that's fine.  I wanted to see your reasoning behind your words without you just throwing accusations out there.

Max:  If you don't want to be lynched, why are you resorting to appeals to emotion instead of logic and reasoning?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2011, 08:55:23 am »

I'm being honest. Humans have emotions, maybe they shine through a little when we are honest. I can understand why a cold, hard, unemotional bot wouldn't understand.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2011, 09:03:01 am »

Then why not give your emotions a side dish of reasoning?

Tell us why we should vote Jim instead of whoever we are voting now.  Build a nice summary case.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2011, 09:03:33 am »

PS:  I have seen many a townie lynched when they insulted the people voting them.  I suggest you don't go that road.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:24 am »

Your argument against him is still nonsense, though.
Once again, I wasn't building a case against him or warning about such happening in the future; I wanted to know whether he was aware that such a case may be possible, not by me.
Jim: I meant waiting for a counter-claim.  I have no clue why the fuck the jailer would claim Day 1.  It seems like a terrible idea.
Uh. You think that claiming on D1 is a terrible idea, and still wait for a counter-claim? Why does it look like an idiotic excuse to sit back and lurk?
A claim and counter-claim are two very different things.  If Nuke is fakeclaiming, then the real jailer should absolutely speak up, because then the cult leader is one of the two of them- no (remotely reasonable) townie would ever fakeclaim like that.  I believe claiming under threat of lynch was the correct move- with no counterclaim, we must believe it.  With that, there are two people known to not be the cult leader.
Except is some town is absolutely certain Nuke is scum and is willing to go any lengths to see him lynched. And well, Urist, how certain (in percent) are you that the counter-claim will come?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2011, 09:06:58 am »

Dariush: Why have you not answered this?  What is your answer?
I missed it. I didn't accuse him of being too pro-town, I accused him of trying to paint himself as town while putting the process in front of scumhunting, additionally paired with bandwagoning Nuke.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2011, 09:07:49 am »

Then why not give your emotions a side dish of reasoning?

Tell us why we should vote Jim instead of whoever we are voting now.  Build a nice summary case.

Well that would be boring, wouldn't it? First step towards encasing my hard in cold hard iron and becoming a boring bot, voting during the RVS, making reasonable night play, I'll have none of it! NONE OF IT!

And seriously, I doubt enough people will log in from not until end of the day for it to matter anyway, but still...
1. Attacking people for not agreeing with him, even insisting that people vote the same way he does.
2. Pretty blatant OMGUS vote and giving crappy no reasoning why until much later when he had time to work on a cover.

PS:  I have seen many a townie lynched when they insulted the people voting them.  I suggest you don't go that road.
What you mean Native? No, he is just a dick, that has nothing to do with any game tactic or anything.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2011, 09:26:40 am »

Come to think of it, why is anybody voting me, for having a bad case? Seriously?
There is currently only one scum player in the game, why would they need to force a bad case? Why would a cult leader put them self out there with something that they know isn't the most solid thing ever? That makes no sense. I'm attacking Jim even though I know my case doesn't look very strong because I honestly think he is scum, and being lynched for it. This is just like witches coven, I'm being lynched for having a case on somebody, and chances are that player is scum. Jim did the same thing there too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:57 am »

Dariush:
Except is some town is absolutely certain Nuke is scum and is willing to go any lengths to see him lynched. And well, Urist, how certain (in percent) are you that the counter-claim will come?

If Nuke is fakeclaiming, what possible reason could the Jailer give for not counterclaiming?

Max:  The case I had in mind was Jokerman in Super 2.  He was calling us idiots for voting him.  Granted, he was right, but he was still lynched over it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27