Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27

Author Topic: Cult Mafia - GAME OVER - Psomeone Pscrewed Up  (Read 83550 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia - Day 1 - This Is Gonna Psuck [9/9] -- ONE REPLACE NEEDED
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

I gotta hand it to you Jim, people are so scared to attack you, that they will actively defend you from anybody that does.

People are not scared to attack me. Instead, they look at any opportunity I give them as their chance. They think, "Today is the day. Today's the day I am going to lynch Jim Groovester."

Don't pretend that this has anything to do with me.

Okay, it has a lot to do with me.

But don't pretend that it has more to do with me than your arguments, all of which are baseless and genuinely terrible.

What the hell??  Unvote until this plays out.

And what the hell are you doing standing back?

Things look pretty clear cut to me. Why are you so hesitant about it?

What do you know that's making you hang back? What is it? Everybody's alignment?

I'll bet that's what it is. Gotta hang back and watch, right?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:17 am »

Oh, Dariush?  Looks like there's a lot of responding with the quoted post broken up into easy-to-read segments, each addressed in turn.  Clearly, we have like 6 scum in this game!  Either that or your point about me being scummy for it was a crock of shit.  My money's on the latter.
You are either idiot, can't read, scum or any combination of those. I directly said that you're scum because you were breaking up and needlessly detailing your pulling-out post, not a proper response.

Also, you seem a little bit too comfortable sitting out all major conflicts without actually taking much participation. What do you think about Max?

Jack, I know you're a guaranteed town, but... what the fuck? Why would you go ahead and seek out all votes for Jim instead of doing anything more productive? Just because you can't be lynched doesn't mean you're allowed to activelurk, and even if you do, it'll come back to bite you in the ass tomorrow.

Max, do you have any other suspects besides Jim?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2011, 09:28:32 am »

Extend.  Let's make sure no one counterclaims Nuke.

Max:
Sometimes people have commitments.

Why not say so ahead of time?

Also, I meant your arguments in general.  You still lack anything solid for your cases- they're all gut feelings and projecting thoughts into heads.

I gotta hand it to you Jim, people are so scared to attack you, that they will actively defend you from anybody that does.
Once again, people put on a good show, proving that they play just like bots.

Also, appeal to emotion.

Currently you're my #2 pick next to...

Dariush:  (underline mine)
Jack, I know you're a guaranteed town, but... what the fuck? Why would you go ahead and seek out all votes for Jim instead of doing anything more productive? Just because you can't be lynched doesn't mean you're allowed to activelurk, and even if you do, it'll come back to bite you in the ass tomorrow.

I have no idea what you're saying here.  It looks to me that you're either arguing that he's acting scummy today to cover himself in the future when he might be converted, or that tomorrow you'll use things he's done today (as a confirmed townie) to press a case on him D2 or later.

Both of those are horrible arguments.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2011, 09:56:38 am »

I have no idea what you're saying here.  It looks to me that you're either arguing that he's acting scummy today to cover himself in the future when he might be converted, or that tomorrow you'll use things he's done today (as a confirmed townie) to press a case on him D2 or later.
I'm not saying either of those things; what I mean is that he is carelessly lurking today, and if someone (not me) makes a case on him for any reason, he may use this activelurking as an additional argument against Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2011, 10:02:58 am »

Dariush, Dariush, Dariush...that was quite dumb.  Terribly dumb.  Probably fatally dumb.  You missed the context of the vote list: Max said that people fear Jim so much that they'll defend him at all costs, so I listed a bunch of examples of that not being the case.

You also managed to come up with the brilliant idea of people voting for me for being scummy day 1, an act that guarantees that their cases won't be taken seriously.  That, and they'll probably get lynched for it.

ONWARDS, JIMBOTS!

PPE: ...Still going to get entire cases laughed off.  And seriously, Dariush, it had a point.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2011, 10:43:54 am »

Yeah, I don't doubt that it served some kind of purpose, but there were so many ways to do that way easier, thus freeing up your time up for things like scumhunting. I don't understand why you would choose the most complex one.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2011, 11:48:57 am »

HMM.
What the hell??  Unvote until this plays out.
HMM.
Aw, man, my mislynch! Frig, now I have to find a new target without looking suspicious.  Unvote until other people select a suitable bandwagoning target.
HMMMM.
IMA SCUUUUUUUUUUUM
HMM.
Urist
Long Live United Forenia!

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »

Jim: I meant waiting for a counter-claim.  I have no clue why the fuck the jailer would claim Day 1.  It seems like a terrible idea.

Max I didn't ask where you were, I asked if you were going to do anything now, and what.  Nice way to avoid the point.

Dariush:  Again, this is stupid as fuck.  I haven't sat out major conflicts, either.  Nobody got involved in Max and Native's little pissing contest, I voted and pressed NUKE, and still managed to deal with you and Jim.  In fact, you've been a hell of a lot better at trying to slink away.  So, your case on me has been Too Townie horseshit, and now a sideways accusation of activelurking?  Go hang, you lying little scumball.

NUKE:  My mislynch??  You were beyond a majority vote when I heard Dariush's defense, and I want to hear why you decided to claim Day 1.  If you hadn't claimed, you'd be a dead man even without me.  So from me, why is it nobody else who's giving you a chance is suspicious?  The entire fucking point of your claim was to save your own ass.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2011, 12:30:38 pm »

NUKE:  My mislynch??  You were beyond a majority vote when I heard Dariush's defense, and I want to hear why you decided to claim Day 1.  If you hadn't claimed, you'd be a dead man even without me.  So from me, why is it nobody else who's giving you a chance is suspicious?  The entire fucking point of your claim was to save your own ass.
What. What are you even trying to say here.
Without your vote on me, I wouldn't've been lynched when I claimed.
Why do you need to hear me say what you have said yourself: I claimed to save my ass.
There's nothing wrong with unvoting me.
What you are ignoring here is the actual point:
Frig, now I have to find a new target without looking suspicious.  Unvote until other people select a suitable bandwagoning target.
This, this is what you are doing, this is what is obvscumming the place up. Numbskull.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2011, 01:03:56 pm »

Either that, or I have been looking for targets this whole time, and invited you to see how this gambit plays out.

Yes, I know you were saving your own ass, but isn't it risky for the cult leader to know who you are?  Aren't you a prime conversion target, like a cop would be?  I want to know why you felt this was a sound move, tactically.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2011, 02:18:33 pm »

Extend.

Dariush, Dariush, Dariush...that was quite dumb.  Terribly dumb.  Probably fatally dumb.  You missed the context of the vote list: Max said that people fear Jim so much that they'll defend him at all costs, so I listed a bunch of examples of that not being the case.

He has a point.

As much as I enjoyed seeing the list of people who failed to lynch me, there was definitely more productive things you could have been doing instead.

HMM.

HMM.

Why Urist_McArathos?

Max

Dariush

Why Dariush over Max White?

And why didn't you have an opinion of Max White when you unvoted? Why are you only FoSing him now?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2011, 02:35:39 pm »

Why? Because he is scum- certainly more scummy than Max.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2011, 04:27:34 pm »

I think Dariush's behavior is scummy, and that his case against me is scummy as fuck.  It is composed of logical fallacies and so called "scumtells" that EVERYONE ELSE is doing. 

Oh, and Jim?  I FoS'd him a while ago.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2011, 07:21:07 pm »

And what the hell are you doing standing back?

Things look pretty clear cut to me. Why are you so hesitant about it?

What do you know that's making you hang back? What is it? Everybody's alignment?

I'll bet that's what it is. Gotta hang back and watch, right?
Read: Oh look, somebody doesn't agree with everything I say, so I should push them around a bit. They are new anyway, so break them in until they become good little bots that know to follow my every move.

Max, do you have any other suspects besides Jim?
Nuke a bit, but nothing original there, and not enough for a vote.

Why not say so ahead of time?
I can't always predict what I am going to be doing tomorrow. Sometimes during the course of a day things come up. What kind of person arranges a trip to the pub a week in advance with printed and signed letters? Sometimes you don't know ahead of time.

Also, I meant your arguments in general.  You still lack anything solid for your cases- they're all gut feelings and projecting thoughts into heads.
And do you believe that a weak case is a scum tell?

Max I didn't ask where you were, I asked if you were going to do anything now, and what.  Nice way to avoid the point.
I'll let the posts answer for themselves. If there is more content, then you get more content, otherwise I'm busy. I do try to be active and contribute, but I can't predict how tomorrow will do.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2011, 07:34:13 pm »

Read: Oh look, somebody doesn't agree with everything I say, so I should push them around a bit. They are new anyway, so break them in until they become good little bots that know to follow my every move.

It's almost like you've got some kind of problem with me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 27