Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 2: SCUM stumbles (4/5)  (Read 27195 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 1: Welcome to TOWN (5/5)
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2011, 08:25:34 pm »

You stole my joke, you fucker.

Shark.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2011, 11:16:50 pm »

Hmm....no hammer?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »

Shark's not posting details, so I'm posting for him.

Votecount:
*Jim Groovester (0):
*IronyOwl (1): Shark
*NativeForeigner (0):
*Urist McArathos (0):
*Shark (3): IronyOwl, Urist McArathos, Jim Groovester

Shark has been hammered!  He was the Mafioso!

After a long argument over who killed Jack, three agents made their decision: Agent Shark was clearly out to destroy TOWN.  Agents IronyOwl and Urist McArathos grabbed Shark quickly and held him somewhat still, as Agent Jim Groovester took out his standard issue TOWN opponent elimination device.  Three shots rang out across the base, and Agent Shark was no more.

Examination of the corpse revealed that Shark had been acting under the effects of the MAFIOSO device.  This leaves only one threat: the Godfather.  He must be stopped at all costs.

Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 2: SCUM stumbles (4/5)
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2011, 12:13:47 am »

I've gotta say, this is a first in my Vengeful experience. I've never been in a game where scum was hit D1. It should be significantly easier now, instead of possibly losing with one wrong lynch+vengekill, we have a maximum of two lynches to get it right, but we should still be careful and nail it today.

Urist & Irony: You both explicitly stated that you were looking for interactions between other players and Shark, but I didn't notice either of you doing much about it directly. I'm interested in hearing about what you found.

Jim: What have you noticed about everyone?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2011, 12:23:35 am »

So, what happens now? If there's a mislynch, does the game end right then and there, or do we get another chance?

I've gotta say, this is a first in my Vengeful experience. I've never been in a game where scum was hit D1. It should be significantly easier now, instead of possibly losing with one wrong lynch+vengekill, we have a maximum of two lynches to get it right, but we should still be careful and nail it today.

Well that clears my question up.

Jim: What have you noticed about everyone?

That's a good question. I'll have to do another reread of the thread.

One question to start for now. After you unvoted IronyOwl, what was your opinion on Shark?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2011, 12:31:58 am »

One question to start for now. After you unvoted IronyOwl, what was your opinion on Shark?

I was

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46:25 am »

Well that was obnoxious, my post died.

I was certain enough that Shark was scum to hit him with a second vote if I could, but not quite ready to hammer him. I wanted to reread and try to get some information from everyone's interactions with Shark, but you hammered him yourself before I finished that.

Sorry if I already asked this (I can't find it if I did), you said earlier that you're confident in reading McArathos' scum game, what do you know to look for in scum McArathos? Has he displayed any of those traits and how certain are you of your ability to tell scum McArathos from town?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2011, 12:58:03 am »

IronyOwl asked about it. I responded here.

To summarize, McArathos oversells his cases in a sort of frantic, manic way. Compare the posts I linked in there to McArathos' post here. There's a pretty clear difference. He's less wordy and not needlessly hostile.

Using meta could be a very terrible idea, however. Ignoring meta, McArathos still hasn't given me much reason to suspect him. (Pending my reread, of course; can't do it now because dammit homework.)

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2011, 02:04:17 pm »

Dead!

I was actually telling the truth earlier about the whole answering the question as scum perspective, including my reasons for doing so. Kinda pissed I got lynched over that. >__>;;
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2011, 06:51:21 am »

Sorry about the delay in answering, I've been a bit chaotic outside the game.  I'll have a proper response tonight after work.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »

Okay, on reread my pick is IronyOwl.  Jim seems a bit uncertain, which matches his meta as a player who hasn't done a vengeful yet (though my recent experience in Wild West Mafia has taught me to listen to gut, so Jim's not town in my eyes yet).  Native, I'm getting town vibes; he seems inquisitive and thorough enough.

Irony, I just don't like the way things started out.  Despite his implying that he wasn't looking my way much, I got the distinct impression I was under serious scrutiny (being labeled second and then third pick in his posts only confirmed that in my eyes), and his questioning and observing without voting gave me the feeling he was waiting to see if I broke scum before deciding if he should bus his partner.  When I seemed town enough to make that case a hard one (and after I voted), then he voted Shark claiming he'd seen enough to make that call.

Irony also inadvertently raised a good point when countering Shark's comments about not wanting to risk a vengekill by being first by asking "why would I take the second, more dangerous vote?"  Well, not that it's proof in itself, but when you know there's no risk of a vengekill you don't need to be as careful with your vote or your case. 

How many votes to hammer at this point?  I don't want to make it too easy to hammer quickly.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2011, 01:41:47 am »

Sorry for not posting for so long, but I've been caught up in loads of homework. Currently I don't see myself being able to post at least for a day or two.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:44 am »

I'd also like to apologize for vanishing, though I don't have as nice an excuse. I'll try to do stuff relatively soon.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2011, 04:35:48 am »

I'm in the same boat as Jim, but with studying rather than homework. I'll try to get a post in either Monday or Tuesday afternoon.

Urist: Noted. And I think it's still three to hammer.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2011, 09:18:29 am »

How many votes to hammer at this point?  I don't want to make it too easy to hammer quickly.

3 votes to hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13