Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 2: SCUM stumbles (4/5)  (Read 27148 times)

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9: DAY 1: Welcome to TOWN (5/5)
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2011, 06:54:40 pm »

Shark: What question are you referring to that I jumped on without even checking?

Jim: You're not concerned about looking town because you're implying you're town, which is just what a scum would want me to think, unless that scum knew that I knew that he wanted me to think what I think, so I think I'll think about thinking another thought to out-think the thinking thinker that thinks he thought more than I thought.

I think.

No, it served no purpose.  Shut up.

Shark

I really hate the idea of meta voting. I'm in a game on another board where meta voting ruined day 1.
This seems fishy. Why wouldn't you just say "It'll help because people will look at me and not flail at my meta" in the first place?

I don't really get the question. Isn't that what I said in my first answer, just without saying "meta"? I said that if someone becomes predictable in how they play, other people can tell if anything is different. I don't want to ever establish a set way of playing because I don't want that to ever happen to me.

Aaaand I think I finally understand the question. I was speaking generally as in "in all games", and you weren't. Sorry :/
That still doesn't explain why town would be better off with nobody noticing that "something was up," by which you mean they won't be voted for bad meta reasons. Pretty sure you're scum.

Irony has a good point here, Shark.  Why would an unreadable, unpredictable established meta that allowed you to never be pegged as acting out of the ordinary be in the best interests of town?  Is there some reason you don't want other people to know if you're town or not?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »

Jim: You're not concerned about looking town because you're implying you're town, which is just what a scum would want me to think, unless that scum knew that I knew that he wanted me to think what I think, so I think I'll think about thinking another thought to out-think the thinking thinker that thinks he thought more than I thought.

I think.

No, it served no purpose.  Shut up.

The hell are you talking about?

You answered my last question to you. What is this nonsense?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2011, 07:08:21 pm »

Nonsense, in response to this:

Sure, I could think up good questions. But what good would it do me? It would make me look town. But that's not my primary concern.

I'm looking for answers from Shark, and felt like making a joke in response to your "I'm not concerned with LOOKING town" remark.

There's nothing suspicious about it; Town care about finding scum, not looking town.  Scum (at least scum like you) care about finding town players that look scummy, and hunting them into oblivion; also not looking town. 
On the Nature of Dwarves

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2011, 07:14:44 pm »

(Town care about looking town but they don't like talking about it.)

But why the joking response at all? It's not because it was funny.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2011, 07:31:46 pm »

Oh...I thought it was.  That...that was pretty much the only reason.
On the Nature of Dwarves

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2011, 07:40:22 pm »

My responses are underlined. I think i'll be doing this a lot to answer multiple questions clearly.

Shark: What question are you referring to that I jumped on without even checking?
You quoted native to ask me why I was ignoring irony's question. I answered it, native made a mistake. You didn't bother to check.

Irony has a good point here, Shark.  Why would an unreadable, unpredictable established meta that allowed you to never be pegged as acting out of the ordinary be in the best interests of town?  Is there some reason you don't want other people to know if you're town or not? I was speaking about games in general, like I said earlier. I guess it wasn't how I should of answered, and it's apparently something you guys didn't want to hear. I was trying to be more interesting, the game was moving pretty slowly.

This situation is rather silly. I don't know how else to describe it.

Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2011, 07:47:19 pm »

No, don't do that. That's horrible. It makes responding to your posts five times more difficult than it should be.

And you missed my question.

Sure, I could think up good questions. But what good would it do me? It would make me look town. But that's not my primary concern. Is it yours?

Why did you ignore my question about whether you're concerned with looking town?

Is it because you're scum? I might start thinking that if you keep 'forgetting' to respond to people's posts.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2011, 08:02:49 pm »

No, don't do that. That's horrible. It makes responding to your posts five times more difficult than it should be.

And you missed my question.

Sure, I could think up good questions. But what good would it do me? It would make me look town. But that's not my primary concern. Is it yours?

Why did you ignore my question about whether you're concerned with looking town?

Is it because you're scum? I might start thinking that if you keep 'forgetting' to respond to people's posts.

Sorry, I swear there is something with the way my brain processes information and where you place questions in your posts. I see them, but don't think to answer them. It's like, you play the game, but when someone mentions it, you forget to lose. I always miss your questions somehow.

The reason I asked you about your questions is because you asked me earlier why I wasn't asking questions at the start of the game.
"Shark, no questions to start the game? Aren't you interested in finding scum?"
So I decided to ask a question similar to what you asked me.

"But what good would it do me?"
The good it would do you is to get information on people, I guess, but you did have to grasp at straws to really get anything, so I can't really blame you for it.

"But that's not my primary concern. Is it yours?"
I used to think this previously, but considering how that turned out, I realized that it's a bad idea.
Real dorf doctors wash with water AND magma. The resulting burning cauterizes the wound, and the obsidian that forms covers the wound so it can heal.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2011, 08:07:43 pm »

Way to get shut down.

Got something serious to contribute other than questions parroted from Irony?

Shark: You can ask more questions any day now. I see you doing a lot of answering, but no asking or analyzing. What do you think of everyone so far?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2011, 11:51:08 pm »

Pretty sure you're scum.

And you're not voting him because...?
Because I'm not ready to lynch him yet.

I actually don't know what IronyOwl is accusing Shark of. What are you accusing Shark of, IronyOwl?
Claiming that being new will help him because nobody will know when something's up.

I was speaking about games in general, like I said earlier. I guess it wasn't how I should of answered, and it's apparently something you guys didn't want to hear. I was trying to be more interesting, the game was moving pretty slowly.

This situation is rather silly. I don't know how else to describe it.
You still haven't answered my question on that.

How does speaking in general explain that? You'd still have to have been thinking from town's perspective at least some of the time, so how does town benefit from that?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2011, 12:03:14 am »

Pretty sure you're scum.

And you're not voting him because...?
Because I'm not ready to lynch him yet.

Then how sure can you be that he's scum?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:00 am »

"Pretty" sure.

More seriously, I'd like to be redundant because there's really no room to fuck up. That includes getting reads off of and solid, stated opinions from everyone else beforehand.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Shark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2011, 02:14:27 pm »

How does speaking in general explain that? You'd still have to have been thinking from town's perspective at least some of the time, so how does town benefit from that?
It doesn't benefit town, ever. It benefits me as a player when I have the chance to be mafia. Specific to this game, I doubt my lack of a specific playstyle will do anything, at all. I felt saying that would be a boring answer.

Way to get shut down.

Got something serious to contribute other than questions parroted from Irony?

Shark: You can ask more questions any day now. I see you doing a lot of answering, but no asking or analyzing. What do you think of everyone so far?

Jim is unreadable to me. I don't have the slightest clue. He's been playing perfectly as far as I can tell.
The other 3 I have some questions for.
You are attacking Urist for petty reasons. Anything else to go on?
Irony, You say there's no room to mess up. Are you worried that i'd get hammered because of your first vote?
Urist, you've been hopping on other people's arguments a lot, when you're not joking around. Anything meaningful to contribute?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2011, 02:42:34 pm »

You are attacking Urist for petty reasons. Anything else to go on?

If you think it's petty, why are you asking him the same question? I don't have much else to go on right now, kinda why I asked the question.

Why are you still ignoring Jim?

Irony

"Pretty" sure.

More seriously, I'd like to be redundant because there's really no room to fuck up. That includes getting reads off of and solid, stated opinions from everyone else beforehand.

Are you saying you're looking for approval from everyone before you vote?

If you're looking for getting reads and opinions from everyone, then why are you only questioning Shark?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 03:22:37 pm »

Jim is unreadable to me. I don't have the slightest clue. He's been playing perfectly as far as I can tell.

Buddy buddy bo buddy bananafana fo fuddy. Fee fi fo fuddy, buddy.

How come I get your flattery?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13