Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10766 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 5.
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 05:30:32 pm »

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1} - The kobold group looks around for work. Most people approached seem wary of giving work to a group of foreign kobolds, but an impoverished old man offers a moldy piece of bread for clearing the rats out of his cellar. The Crimson Kobolds look hungry.

Toaster:
{5}+2 vs {4}+3 - The elves seem evenly matched, parrying each others blows for a few minutes. {1}+2 vs {4}+3 The honorable knight is suddenly disturbed by a telepathic intrusion in his mind, and his opponent takes the opportunity to deliver a devastating blow. He is now bleeding and unconscious.
-4 HP.
Unconscious.

Frelock:
{4} vs {1} - The sliver is able to further confuse the guards. They begin backing away slowly, and will be unable to act for a few more minutes (1-2 turns, depending on circumstances). {3} vs {3} Unfortunately, the elf who identifies himself as Toaster detected his mental influence, and was thrown off enough that he was stabbed. Frelock manages to keep the elf known as Kilthari from delivering a killing blow, but further meddling of some form is required if the lone elf is to be saved.

Irosus:
{2} (Autosuccess. Your minions have at least a basic knowledge of local affairs.) - The city has poor farmlands near it which are mostly used for livestock, and largely relies on grain imports from elsewhere. Irosus' minions claim the imports come from everywhere nearby.

Darvi Derpson:
{2} {5} - Almost as soon as the gang members are out of sight, Darvi is accosted by two families of peasants who witnessed the battle. They wish to serve under a great battlemage to elevate their position in life. There are two adult males, two adult females, an elderly male, and five children. None look particularly healthy, and only the adult males are likely able to perform work. ((The misogyny of the local area does not represent my own views.))

It is still noon.

Enemies:
Against Toaster:
Kilthari - 3/2
Guards - 2/4 - Mentally stunned for 1-2 rounds.

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 5. Toaster is nearly decapitated again.
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:00 pm »

Sweet, an army of level 1 commoners. Yay.

Now what. Hmm.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »

Convince the guards that killing him would be against their morals and in general, the wrong thing to do.  If necessary, point out that arrest would be a far more acceptable alternative.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 12:51:33 am »

Continue to seek out allies. Also ask minions what the city produces in exchange for its food.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2011, 07:59:06 am »

Ow, but not as fatally.

Wake up and protest the lack of honor in the duel.  If anyone moves to attack me, summon the warriors.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2011, 09:26:00 am »

Send the goons out to find more potential members for the club.

Then start searching for the plot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:16 am »

Kill and feed the impoverished old man to my Kobolds!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 6. A plot?
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 05:32:39 pm »

Frelock:
{3}+1+1 vs {6} - One of the guards notices the mental intrusion due to the appeal to morality. He {3} notices the sliver, and alerts his companions to the situation as he draws his weapon and advances, Half of them follow.

Irosus:
{1} Irosus learns that the city gains most of its wealth through a combination of weapon/armorsmithing and mining gold and iron. He leads the group down a few streets, and quickly finds an angry {6} group of guards. They're surrounding a prone and bleeding form. Half of them notice the insectoid and his followers, and begin to approach with drawn weapons.

Toaster:
{6} - Through rigorous mental discipline, the brave knight manages to regain consciousness. He quickly assesses that moving would be Bad for his grievous wounds, but complains to Kilthari about her employing a telepath to disrupt the honorable duel. She chuckles and derisively states that he was already losing, the telepath was on his side, and that if he moves she's going to hire a special interrogator when she's done with him. She then watches her guards split up while standing over him and gloating over how pathetic he is, as well as the rest of his kingdom.

Darvi Derpson:
{4} {3} - Darvi parts with his minions after telling them to locate more potential followers, cancels his shiny spell, and enters the nearest tavern. Two shadowy figures are discussing a plot to overthrow the self-serving governor and institute themselves as the leaders of the city. It sounds overly complicated.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1} - The kobolds "accept" the quest, and enter the old man's house so as not to murder anyone on the street. A group of three bulky-looking men surround them with blunt weapons, and the old man bars the door. There are no windows, but two closed doors lead deeper into the house. "You rats're all too stupid to live free. Not worth much more than a few pints to Krogar, either."
They attack!
{1}+1 vs {1}+2-1 - Two of them focus on Dwareval'il'ik, the obvious leader, but he manages to dodge their clumsy attacks. The kobold hesitates when faced with an opportunity to get close enough to shiv one, and the moment is lost.
{2} vs {2}+2-1- His companions are knocked out in short order, and the slavers regroup for another attack.

It still remains noon.

Enemies:
Against Toaster:
Kilthari - 3/2
Guards - 1/2 - Pursing IronyOwl
Guards - 1/2 - Pursing Frelock

Slavers - 2/2 - Attacking Dwarmin

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:39:03 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »

Do what I'm best at-run away and hide!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 11:13:17 pm »

Snarl at guards in an attempt to intimidate them. I really don't want to turn killing and eating them into a habit.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 11:45:52 pm »

Give myself up.  Follow along with the guard.  If an explination is needed, simply tell the truth: that I don't like fighting and merely tried to diffuse the situation.  It's not my fault they can't recognize mental suggestions as not their own; it's how I communicate.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 02:43:31 pm »

Not what I had in mind for starting out.  Should have called for help to start with.

Drop weapon and attempt to talk way out of the situation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »

has Darvi forgotten about this? probably.
(inconspicioous bump)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2011, 04:36:28 pm »

Darvi's vanished in general, so if this isn't dead he'll probably need to be auto'd/stasis'd/example'd.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2011, 08:14:37 pm »

He was online earlier. Prod sent, I'll probably update tomorrow or Tuesday sometime.

Revive successful.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11