Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10770 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 3 - Trouble
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2011, 02:04:24 pm »

One of them asks what they should do about the corpses that were obviously killed by magic.
That is a good question. That is a very, very good question.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2011, 03:58:28 pm »

Om nom nom
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 04:38:38 pm »

That was definitely my first impulse, but then I realized that might concern my new acquisitions, and I probably wouldn't be able to eat them all, and it'd look even worse caught in the act.

...I think I'm going to do it anyway. It's that or walk away and hope nobody notices, or some convoluted scheme involving dragging the bodies halfway across town.

Consume the evidence.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 08:52:24 pm »

or some convoluted scheme involving dragging the bodies halfway across town.

You could put some sunglasses on them, sit them upright in a wagon, then take them out for one last night of bar hopping using their credit card.

Attempt to telepathically diffuse the situation diplomatically, preferably without them realizing that it's the strange wurmling thing.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2011, 07:49:35 am »

Dead? :(

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2011, 09:45:35 am »

Not dead, just on hold for a bit (hopefully only a few more days). I'm currently dedicating my creative time to an alternative project, but it's going poorly and taking longer then expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2011, 08:25:04 pm »

Oh good.

Not about your other thing failing. Just the on hold part.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 11:57:38 am »

oh, i've tried to start one of those twice ... on to the waiting list with me:

Name: Slay
Race: Wizard(Human) Elemental
Favored Cards:
Quicksilver dagger - can be used as a weapon - returns when thrown.
Reckless Charge - Spell that makes you really really fast. -More Momentum-
Leap of Flame - grants wings of fire and updraft when cast - effect can be extended to other creatures by "replicating" it. Spell also makes sure no falling damage is taken.
Starting Land: A Laboratory on top of an active Volcanoe. (Blue/Red)
Useful skill/hobby: Living Manabattery - can give large amounts of mana to others and involuntarily draws mana from the surrounding terrain.
Profession: Was a ?researcher? at the laboratory.
Disadvantage:Elemental Body - Parts of his body is covered in what seems to be molten rock - Other Parts in Glowing veins of Blue light, all thanks to a freak accident involving a mad mage tapping into the power of an erupting volcanoe to power his spells. (Bad in social situations)
Mad Magic Insomnia (Can not sleep - Monsters will eat me - and it's slowly driving me insane)
Backstory: Who am i? I don't know. The earliest thing i can remember was that all hell broke loose when some wizard got a bit out of touch with reality and thought mixing massive ammounts of red and blue mana was a good idea. I was wearing some kind of researcher uniform that day, so i think i worked there. The first thing i remember was when a wall of red and blue mana stopped engulfing me and converged onto the person in front of me. A ghastly sight, as his body crumbled to ash, i tell you. There were other people standing in a circle around that one pile of ash. Some of them were not really here, while others were burning alive and screaming in agony. I can see their Charred faces and smoldering corpses every time i close my eyes. Every one of us was holding a card, but i was afraid, and ran away. Luckily i made a quick escape, for only seconds after i left ... It almost seemed as if the place behind me was literally Obliterated!
I didn't stop for a day, some people were looking at me with strange eyes. then i realised i was much faster than i should have been. Probably due to the residual magic from the spell. I ran for an other day and finally collapsed next to a lake.At first i believed some trickster was playing a ...well... Trick with me. I even hoped that this was only through the disturbed waters, but ... heh... i was positively GLOWING.

Additionally: Clothing that covers most of the body, please.

Choosing these colors because i won't be playing an other black red mage. And sinkhole (85) is one overpowered common. as is Terminate. or even Sangrite Backlash.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 01:55:39 pm by hachnslay »
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 06:28:45 pm »

I'll try to update more frequently in The Future™.

Toaster:
{5}+2 vs {6}+3 - Before the guards can blink, Toaster has closed the distance to Kilthari and is poised to deliver a blow to her neck. Expecting such an event, she parries his blow and counterattacks, wounding his arm.
-2 HP

Frelock:
{6}+1 vs {6} - The time for diplomacy is past, but Frelock manages to trick the guards into thinking that its an honor duel and not intervene. The arrogant female doesn't seem inclined to yell for help while she is winning.

Darvi Derpson:
{3} vs {5} Darvi casts Fists of The Demigod on himself, but the gang members fail to notice the magic flowing from his fists. {2}+3 vs {4}+1 He's not very good, even with magic fists.
{3}+3 vs {4}+1 Nevertheless, he does have magic fists, and manages to kill one. The other two attempt to escape.
The spell remains active.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{1}+1 vs {3} - The kobolds happily smash through the window, but the back door is in poor condition and is jammed shut. Dwareval'il'ik aborts the plan, and the kobolds manage escape pursuit by losing themselves in a crowd.

Irosus:
{4} - The evidence is rapidly devoured. Two of the humans look slightly queasy, while the third appears to be mildly curious of why Irosus, a fairly thin creature not all that much bigger than a human himself, does not appear to have gained any weight after eating two humans. He refrains from asking.

It is still noon.

Enemies:
Against Toaster:
Kilthari - 3/2
Guards - 2/4

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:30:31 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 4.
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Dwareval'il'ik has no idea what to do next!

Maybe there is some bounty work to be done? Look for a good paying job!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 08:02:16 pm »

Thanks for not letting it die!

Press the attack!  This blood-traitor will perish!

Also, I knew that eating them was the best plan.  If all else fails, eat it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2011, 01:18:38 pm »

Continue keeping the guards away.  Try to stop the two fighters too, but keeping bloodshed from spreading is the first priority.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2011, 01:26:56 pm »

I can't believe that went perfectly.

Attempt to discern this colony's primary methods of sustenance.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2011, 05:03:46 pm »

Bump. Will update after Darvi posts, now that he's back.

Coming soon: 2 {1}s and 2 {2}s.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 05:08:14 pm »

Leave them be. Continue doing whatever I was doing before they showed up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11