Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: MTG Adventures RTD - End.  (Read 10771 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 2
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »

Why the rerolls?
Experimental dice method, because unopposed information gathering rolls shouldn't have a 16% chance of running into an ambush. "Easy" tasks get two dice. (Characters that have a "poor" ability in something will get one less die.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2011, 05:15:33 pm »

Ah.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »

While Gus is busy spinning tales, go make a new friend!  Don't stray too far, though, and keep in telekinetic contact.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2011, 10:04:13 pm »

Frelock: As you know his mind well, your contact range for him is about the size of a city. Should contact be broken, you'll have to get slightly closer than that to reestablish contact.

Darvi: You didn't post an action. (Cult secrecy is not required. You might get better recruitment if you're known, but it's more dangerous, and you're unlikely to outrun or hide from an angry mob containing werewolves.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2011, 10:46:20 pm »

Glad I could make life hard on all you miserable non-elf folk.

"Thank you for the information, human."

Only a slight sneer on that last word.

Search for elven contacts in the city.  Let's get some information from worthwhile people, hey?   Also totally not an action that can give the GM a reason to hook me up with everyone else.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2011, 03:45:28 pm »

Dwareval'il'ik summons some crimson kobold fodder to carry the useless bricks, and sells them to an used brick warehouse!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2011, 04:19:02 pm »

Was busy with studying and updating shit.

Find the local slums. See if I can convert some of the poorer people with promises of power and wealth.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MTG Adventures RTD - Turn 3 - Trouble
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »

It's not dead!

Irosus:
{6} - Irosus manages to find three humans being harassed by a pair of guards, one of which looks very angry and draws his weapon threateningly. Nobody else is around. The insectoid uses Sunlance, instantly killing both guards. The three humans he saved praise the sorcerer, and quickly agree to work for their savior. They look fairly healthy, and claim that they was recently forced by the governor to sell their house at an outrageously low price.
They are unskilled laborers. They spent the last of their money on food earlier.
One of them asks what they should do about the corpses that were obviously killed by magic.

Frelock:
{3}{1}{6} - While looking for a friend, Frelock locates upon an elf. The elf seems to be vaguely annoyed be the lack of elves in the area, and is preparing to defend himself. The elf is surrounded by guards with hostile intentions.

Toaster:
{1} - Toaster decides that that asking a guard about groups of elves would be easier than wandering aimlessly for several hours and spending longer than necessary in this filthy city. The guard grins and mentions that his commander is an elf, and would love to meet with him. The guard takes Toaster to see his commander.
The commander is Kilthari, banished twenty years ago for her obsession with outsiders! Toaster was one of the ones who banished her!
She now holds a burning hatred for her kin, and is currently leading a squad of five guards, not including herself or the one that brought Toaster to her. Toaster is surrounded by seven guards. They have no true uniforms, and seem to be poorly trained.

Dwareval'il'ik:
{2}{3} - The kobold summons aid for brick-carrying duties. They look slightly annoyed at the task, but the squad of three kobolds manages to carry the bricks with minor grumbling. Unfortunately, the nearest used brick warehouse seems to have gone bankrupt recently.

Darvi Derpson:
{1}{2} The dwarf wanders over to the slums on the outskirts of the city. He questions a few people about their desires for wealth and power, but they realize he doesn't have much wealth, think it's a Ponzi Scheme, and decline. Three humans who seem to be part of a werewolf gang (cultist leader's intuition) approach, glaring pointedly. That look probably means that they think they can get money out of him, but wouldn't mind getting an easy fight.

It is now noon.

Character sheets:
Spoiler: Darvi Derpson (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwareval'il'ik (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Irosus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:01:25 pm by Nirur Torir »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2011, 01:24:14 pm »

Two on seven is a fair fight, right?

Attack the guard leader.  Cutting off the head of the group should discourage the rest.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2011, 01:26:11 pm »

Y'know what else has evil cults and card games?

Find a motorcycle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2011, 01:30:05 pm »

Your chin isn't manly enough for that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2011, 01:31:25 pm »

>:(

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2011, 01:33:02 pm »

Order my Kobold minions to unload these bricks into the window of a nearby store. While I sneak in through the back and steal stuff!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »

Y'know what else has evil cults and card games?

Find a motorcycle.
There are no motorcycles in this setting.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »

Damn you and your anti-meme policy.

Impress them with my fists of fury the demigod.

Physically if necessary.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11