Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Gladiators of Ancient Pome!  (Read 4386 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiators of Ancient Pome!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:47 pm »

To the waiting list with me then.

Oh, shouldn't swordmanship (or whatever it's called) extend to the longsword too?
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:24:20 pm »

To the waiting list with me then.

Oh, shouldn't swordmanship (or whatever it's called) extend to the longsword too?

I considered it, but the blade itself has high damage (not to mention that powerful slash) and with the swordmaster skill would also give evade bonus... slightly overpowered for me :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 08:27:55 pm »

In the skill tri poke you have hit to roll instead of roll to hit, and shouldn't I have critical point as an action from my kung fu skill?
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 08:38:53 pm »

In the skill tri poke you have hit to roll instead of roll to hit, and shouldn't I have critical point as an action from my kung fu skill?

Fixed and fixed. Hurrr, I should stop posting late at night.

Zrk2, pick your skills, and Coolnesstod has to pick weapons. Emperor isn't interested in watching cheap tavern fist-fights :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:44 pm »

Zrk2, pick your skills, and Coolnesstod has to pick weapons. Emperor isn't interested in watching cheap tavern fist-fights :P

He's interested in watching awesome tavern fistfights. I'll go edit my post and add my skills.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 04:51:04 am »

He's interested in watching awesome tavern fistfights. I'll go edit my post and add my skills.

Two, not four skills :P

Introduction post shall appear soooon.
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:50 am »

Odour of sweat and blood fills your nostrils... like everyday. Darkness engulfs everything around you, and the small torches placed on the wall of the walkway don't really help. You stop before an iron gate, the blinding sunlight and deafening cries of people reaching your eyes and ears.

"Boys, today, you will fight for real." Trainer Ursinus said, eyeing each of his four pupils. "One of you shall leave the Arena without shackles, as a free man, while three others will feast in the house of the dead." When he finished, trumpets roared outside and the old, heavy gate began retracting to the ceiling, opening the way for the gladiators.

"May Nike watch over you!" With those words, the tanned man turned aorund and began walking back into dungeons to eventually join emperor, whilst the four gladiators walked into the light. People gathered on the stone benches roared in ecstasy when they saw four fresh warriors, ready to die for them. After a mandatory walk across Arena, the four moved before the large marble balcony. Emperor was there, along with his two little sons, his wife, generals, and Ursinus was standing in the corner.

"Welcome, gladiators!" He shouted with a wide grin on his lips, and the people went silent on their seats. "Today, one of you, shall be freed! You will leave the darkness and step into the light, and will become an equal to me, and all gathered here. But remember - only one of you! The rest shall rot in the darkness, their bones gnawed on by rats and worms. Give us a glorious fight!" Here, the Emperor made a brief pause and licked his lips.

"Fight, and die for us!" He shouted, and the people gathered on the Arena seats roared in anticipation and excitement. Ursinus briefly appeared near the Emperor and pointed at his pupils - Julius will fight with Axemus, while Artuesus shall fight against Calidius.

The games have begun.

//Now you can send me the PM with three actions for the first turn. Feel free to discuss and point out mistakes if I make any.

Spoiler: Gladiators Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:22:33 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 08:37:50 am »

alright, ill change my weapon to Dagger.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 01:22:48 pm »

Spoiler: Actions taken (click to show/hide)

===

And so has begun the dance of death.

In the first second, Julius have jumped away from his adversary - which made the Axemus' axe hit the arena ground with a loud thud, his chop attack evaded, grains of sand splattering around their feet. Artuesus have started his attack, dealing three fast pokes with his trident. The very first poke made Calidius loose a groan of pain and first blood was drawn, the red droplets hitting the ground and feeding the Arena. Spectrators cheered, and second poke was foiled by Calidius shield, loud clank produced on hit. Third poke, and blood was spilled again, the people on the benches cheering and shouting for more. In retaliation, Calidius punched his enemy hard in throat, so hard that Arteusus lost his breath, but only for a second.

Julius then tried to catch his oponent in the net, but he missed. Axemus used this occasion and his axe slid across other's chest, spilled blood making a sharp line on the sand. Viewers cheered, and Emperor smiled - in the same moment, Artuesus jumped away from Calidius, who mimicked his opponent's action, making the people gathered in Arena gasp and murmur in disbelief.

But the dance continued the very next second - the heavy morning star that Julius wielded smashed against Axemus' left shoulder - thunderous crunch was heard, and it was miracle that bones have not shattered. Angry Axemus quickly slashed with his axe, against spilling Julius' blood. In the same second, artuesus stabbed his opponent for one more time, three shiny needles digging into the flesh. Calidius staggered backwards a little and tried to hit his opponent's chin, yet Artuesus managed to evade the blow, seeing the fist go up in arc just inches before his eyes.

They have now paused for a moment to rest, but soon they will dance again. People cheered and shouted in ecstasy, their screams showing clearly that they are love this bloody play.

===

---

I have checked the calculations twice and everything seems to be allright, but if someone have any doubts or sees any problems, feel free to point them.

Ah yes, Turn 2 is now! Send thy actions.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:29:14 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 03:41:08 pm »

===

Next round! Axemus jumped away from his opponent, and the net that was flng caught nothing but some sand. In the meanwhile, Artuesus took few breaths, calming down, and fist of his opponent reached him soft thud heard as the attack fell on the toned chest of the man. People gathered in the Arena cheered, trying to motivate the warriors into bloodier fight.

Julius grabbed the net but wasn't fast enough - the axe fell on him from above, almost cutting off his left ear and cutting deep into left arm. Scream of agony escaped his mouth, the attack dealing massive force on him. Seconds later, he swung his large morningstar above his head and attacked Axemus - sparks flied from the shield as it was struck, and the blow was deflected onto the sand. Artuesus yelled and stabbed Calidius with his trident - the three spikes going deep into his left leg. Another scream left another throat, and the spectrators cheered, whilst Calidius knelt before his enemy - delivering a punch that hit nothing but Artuesus' shield.

Axemus' Axe struck again, this time against his opponent's side. The wound wasn't large, nothing compared to previous strike. Julius this time took a step away and took few long breaths, eyeing his opponent in the moment of rest. Artuesus sunk his trident into Calidius' body yet again, spilling more of his fine blood. Tired and wounded Calidius jumped away from his opponent, almost losing balance thanks to the badly hit left leg.

The duelists began circling each other, making another of those dramatical pauses - viewers cheered and yelled, and Emperor grinned, sitting on his throne at the balcony. When people are happy with the bloodshed, so is the Emperor.

===

I don't think that Calidius have much chance to win now :P But who knows, you have a lot of energy there :3

Turn 3 starts now, send your actions~~
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:43:46 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »

Calidius won't go out without  fight.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 05:03:28 pm »

===

Yet another round.

This time, the net fell straight onto Axemus, who didn't prepared for hte incoming swing. Hissing and flailing, the gladiator tried to untagle from the net. Calidius tried to punch Artuesus but missed his opponent's face by few inches. His enemy just sidestepped from the wounded wrestler and snickered, taking few moments of rest. The cheers and shouts on the arena quieted down a little by now.

Julius swung his morningstar toward the mass of arms and thick net - successful attack was announced with a scream of pain, and Axemus yet again didn't managed to set himself free. In the meanwhile, Calidius managed to land a punch - straight on his adversary's neck. Artuesus breathed deeply, black dots appearing before his eyes for a second. With an angry grunt, he furiously stabbed his enemy three times - the third attack barely deflected by the metal puckler that Calidius had with him. The man was bleeding like a leaky amphora now.

Before Axemus managed to take the net off his body, Julius used the moment to rest a little, grinning toward the angry, axe-wielding slave. Calidius' next punch landed - on Artuesus' shield. Boosted with confidence, the trident-wielder tried to retaliate but suddenly colors flashed before his eyes and he staggered a little. Fortunately, few seconds later, he was still alive and standing. He sure got tired down...

Suprisingly, balcony wasn't quiet place as well. "Ursinus, that was... not very impressive. Are they getting lazy?" The gladiator's trainer gritted his teeth and dared to shake his head at the Goreus. "No, sire. It's just today's heat. They are tired, like always." "Well! I didn't had to point that out last time. Let's agree it's just like you said." The Emperor licked his lips and looked down at the men dancing with death, hoping they will give him better show in next few seconds.

===

Dice were totally against Calidius this round. And yay, Axemus got caught in the net at last :P

Turn 4. Let's see if Calidius will survive this one or not :D
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 11:27:46 am »

===

And so has begun another stage of the deadly dancing.

With powerful, horizontal swing the axe slammed into Julius' side, the man releasing a pained growl and almost falling onto the sand. He managed to maintain his balance and flung his net at Axemus - catching him again. The spectrators cheered, and suddenly, they have released an ecstatic roar. Artuesus stabbed his opponent, straight into nose and eyes. Strange, gurgling sound escaped Calidius' mouth as he fell onto his back. Artuesus looked at Emperor, who gave him the sign - thumb down. Artuesus stepped onto his opponent's chest with left leg, raised his trident and then stabbed him again, deep into his skull and brain, the sick and wet squish he heard in that moment will remain in his memory propably for eternity.

Now Artuesus could rest and watch the fight of the others. This time, Axemus managed to get rid of the cumbersome net - only to see his enemy's mornignstar slamming onto his head. Stars and black holes appeared before his eyes, all pretty, and he stumbled away.

Next moment was a little confusing - both men moved away a bit, staring at each other, and the enthusiastic cheers at the seats around the dueling ground died a bit.

===

===

So Artuesus goes into the finals :P Sorry for delay, games and partying snatched me for the weekend.
SigFlags!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 02:10:01 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist Me (click to show/hide)
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 03:19:42 pm »

You can only have one of each ability/weapon (It would be useless to have more than one of the same weapon, anyway.)
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses
Pages: 1 [2] 3